Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Unfamiliarity

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 21:18:42 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

".....Fortuna...?" Tyson asked.

"I.... no. No, it's not a newer nation. Well... not considering its history, anyway. And it's certainly not a micronation." he told her.

"Modern China was founded in 1949, when it became independent, but it's existed since around at least 1250 BC." he said. "And not only does it cover around 10 million square kilometres in area, its population is around 1.5 billion." he explained further.

"It's the fourth largest country in the world, by area, at least." he finished.

"How can you not have heard of China?" he asked her. "And where is this... 'Fortuna' nation you speak of?" he asked further.

At this point, Ty was SERIOUSLY wondering about this girl's mental state. Had she sustained far greater cranial damage than they had originally thought?

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 00:27:59 )
That calm serenity of hers... it belongs to me, now.

"How can you not know of Fortuna?" Violet countered with.

"Since it's the main location in the world." She added. "It's where pretty much ALL of the space exploration stuff starts."

"So I suppose we're both in that same predicament. Now knowing of what the other speaks.

[b]♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they\'ve got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 04:13:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....indeed." Tyson muttered.

"I.... it's entirely possible you're from... another planet..." he then said further, before the lights flickered a little.

"Hm. Must be a short somewhere." he commented.

"That or the maintenance crew's doing some electrical work." he went on.

"How's about I open a window." he suggested.

"Let a little natural light in." he went on, looking at his watch.

"It's a little after 6 in the morning, so the sun should still be rising."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 04:18:36 )

"Natural light is always prefered over artificial. Better for the skin and whatnot." was Violet's answer. She had no issue with the idea, after all.

"Plus, natural light gives a rather gorgeous blue glow to everything." She added with a light laugh.

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they\'ve got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 04:29:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Tyson had already been on the way to the window to open it when Violet made her comment about the blue glow, causing him to freeze in place for a moment.

".................blue.....?" he whispered to himself.

'What in the ever-loving is the talking about?' he wondered, before forcing himself to complete the journey to the window.

Once he was there, he pulled the curtains apart, causing warm yellow light to fill the room... and allowing Violet to see the yellowish-looking orb rising in the distance.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 04:37:15 )

Violet was silent for a moment before sighing lightly, barely audibly at that.

"Might I make a request of you?" She asked after a few seconds. Ty was silent before speaking.

"That entirely depends on what your request is." was Ty's response.

"is there any chance that you could get me some star charts? The more detailed the better, and preferably as current as you can get."

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they\'ve got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 05:06:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....star charts?" he asked in response.

"Hmmmm." he mumbled, thinking about it.

"Star charts, star charts..." he muttered, before seemingly remembering something.

"Ah!" he exclaimed, snapping his fingers.

"Yes. Yes, I believe I can." he told her.

"Might take a bit, though." he then warned her.

"But there's a chance I can get some in today."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 05:34:20 )

"That would be wonderful." Violet said with a soft smile.

"Thank you." She added, sincerity in her voice.

"Is there anything you would like me to answer, while you're here?" She then asked after a second or two.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 05:57:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....uhhhh..." Tyson muttered, thinking about it.

"Right now, just one." he said.

"Your planet. The one you come from." he stated.

"It's clear that it's different, considering you said the sun gives everything a blue glow. When that is CLEARLY not the case, here." he went on.

"...what ELSE might be different?" he asked.

"As in, what's the general geography like?" he then clarified.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 05:59:06 )

"Well, I'd assume similar to here, since as far as I can tell.. I may have just gone back in time." Violet answered after a couple of seconds.

"Can't really tell rightly though, as it is. I don't know the geography here, after all." She then added as a bit of an explanation as to why she said it the way she did. It was something that couldn't be properly denied, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 06:16:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....fair point." Tyson replied.

"At any rate, please excuse me for a moment." he told her, before stepping out of the room and shutting the door.

Once he did, he took his phone out of his pocket, and sent a text to someone.

Kiah, can you meet me in the medical wing? he sent to Kiah.

I need to ask for a favour. the next one read.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 06:19:41 )

Violet nodded and waved as he left.

Ty's text was responded to rather quickly, probably quicker than he expected.

"Yeah. I'll be there in about five. Maybe ten. was the reply.

Sure enough, about seven minutes, there was a burst of fire at the entrance, before the woman in question approached.

"Hey. What's up?" She asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 06:43:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hey Kiah." Ty responded.

"Listen, we've got a patient in here from that spacecraft a few days ago." he told her.

"She seems to be very confused and lost, and she's asked for recent and current star charts to help her figure things out." he explained.

"I'm unsure as to HOW, but I'll humour her. Perhaps it really WILL help." he reasoned with a small shrug.

"Anyway, didn't you say that one of your relatives is really big into that? Like, it was their hobby, but they have data and charts that would rival those of an actual astronomer?" he then asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 06:49:23 )

"Eh? Yeah... not sure why they would want them..." Kiah started before chuckling.

"And yep. My Aunt Rowena. Especially since Vincent got her that one ridiculous quality telescope years back. It's actually better than pretty much anything NASA has due tot he mana addition to strengthen it." She added.

"As for star charts and whatnot, yeah, I could probably get. Or you could ask?" She then answered before pulling her phone out of her pocket. A few seconds later, his cell chimed, signalling that he had a text.

"There's her contact information." she said, while still continuing to type on her phone. After a few seconds, she put her phone away.

"And let her know that you'll be calling in the next bit - sometime today, really."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 07:14:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....wow. Thanks." Tyson replied.

"I... didn't expect it to be SO quick." he admitted.

"But thank you. This should be a real help." he told her.

"I'll give her around an hour to receive your message and such." he said.

With that, he and Kiah parted ways, and he sighed. He let 45 minutes pass before he looked at his phone, and nodded.

"Right." he said.

"Should be enough time." he reasoned.

He then dialled the number Kiah had given him, and waited.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 07:16:51 )

The phone was answered after about five rings, and when it was answered he could tell it was on Speaker phone.

"Unfamiliar number calling me, I'm guessing it's Ty?" She greeted.

"If I'm right, then hello. You've reached Rowena. What can I do for ya?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 07:32:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah, yes, this is Agent King." Tyson confirmed.

"Your niece, Kiah, has told me you have quite the collection of up-to-date and accurate star charts." he commented.

"Would it be possible to use them or borrow them?" he asked.

"It's for an investigation of sorts." he told her.

"Mostly for helping someone that seems to be confused and lost." he went on.

"Regardless, would acquiring them be possible?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 07:38:21 )

". .. I admit, I hadn't exected THAT kind of request." Rowena admitted.

"But yeah, sure. " She aded before pausing a moment, thinking about the best way to go about this.

"Gimme an hour, and I can get quality copies to you." She told him. "Does that work for you?" She asked.

"If so, I'll stop by in around an hour - give or take - and hand them to Jake to pass off to you." She continued, making it apparent she knew of who the head guard was, at the very least.

"If not, lemme know a better timeframe and I'll do all I can to ensure I get them to ya within that time"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 08:02:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh, quality copies in an hour works perfectly." Ty responded.

"Absolutely. Thank you so much." he said.

"And yes, I know it's an odd request." he then said. "But this is an odd situation." he reasoned.

"Again, thank you for this." he repeated.

"Kiah's told me your charts are probably the best there is."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 08:09:48 )

Rowena just laughed.

"I don't know about that, but they are better than most others I've seen, I can't argue that." She commented.

"Anyway, I'll see you in an hour." With that, they ended their call and she got to work making the copies.

At the one hour mark, Rowena made her way into the entrance of the Unit.

"Hey Jake." She said as she approached the station.

"I've got something for you to pass onto Ty, if you don't mind?" She asked as she set a manilla envelope down on the desk.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.