Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Unfamiliarity

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 06:21:12 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Over the next few days, the craft had been taken to the Unit, and the scene had been cleaned up. The Unit had people covering up the story and such, and agents were taking turns 'guarding' the patients that had survived the crash.

At the moment, Ty was in the room with the two of them, the two having separate beds.

He sighed and yawned, before taking a drink from the coffee cup he had with him.

"Heh." he chuckled.

"This really IS premium stuff." he said.

"Thanks for telling me about it, Vyn." he commented to the air, referring to what he and Sydney had chatted about while they had been waiting for the cleanup and reclamation crews.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 06:24:42 )
That calm serenity of hers... it belongs to me, now.

He was in there when one of them moved. It was the female, a lady who had sharper features, and seemed to be rather tall.

"Nnng..." She moaned as she tried to sit up, but found that she couldn't do much for the moment. Her head was deciding to hate her for the moment, but it wasn't too surprising considering the fact that her and the othe rhad been prone in bed for a few days by this point.

She hadn't noticed Ty's presence so far, though.

After a few seconds, she paused and tried to sit up again. This time, she actually did manage to do it.

"I... Where the hell am I?" She asked, something that sounded like a foreign accent evident to her voice.

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they've got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 06:44:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

'Ah, she seems to speak English.' Ty thought, though he couldn't place the accent. At all.

'This should make things easier.' he reasoned.

"You are in the medical wing of the Unit. The organization I work for." he answered her question.

"And don't freak out." he then quickly said.

"We mean you no harm here." he assured her. "If we did, trust me, you'd be waking up in... less friendly surroundings, shall we say." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 06:50:10 )

She was silent before looking around.

". . . Still don't recognize the area." She stated.

"And ... medical wing?" She asked before pausing.

"... doesn't... look like one. Must be one of those low-funding places run by the government."

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they\'ve got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 07:08:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Tyson was silent for a moment, before clearing his throat.

"We ARE government-funded, yes." he confirmed.

"Unofficially, anyway..." he mumbled further.

"But I assure you, we are definitely NOT under any kind of budget stress." he said.

"Quite frankly, we have some of the best medical technology here, as well as some of the best medics working here." he then told her further.

"Hence why you're waking up in as good a condition as you're in."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 07:10:48 )

She was silent as Ty said what he did before looking around again.

". . . then it must be a low budget option." She then said. "Sacrifices are made, and I get that. But I thought there was nowhere on the planet that hadn't upgraded their monitors." As she spoke, she motioned to the newely updated and upgraded vitals monitor that she was connected to. It was a model that had just been acquired ahead of it's official release, even.

"Anyhow, How are the other two?"

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they\'ve got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 07:46:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".........................." again, Tyson was silent for a moment.

"Firstly, for your information, those monitors are state-of-the-art." he told her. "Technically, the model is not yet available to the consumer public, due to special privileges, one can say." he said.

"So please refrain from referring to advanced tech as though it is primitive." he continued.

"And as you can see, your companion is sleeping in the bed next to you." he told her.

"As for your other passenger... well... he was not as fortunate as you two." he lamented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 07:49:10 )

"Firstly, those are state of the art? Have I gone back in time then?" She asked, her voice making it rather apparent she didn't believe it.

"I mean... black hole.. I suppose it's possible." she then muttered before pausing and looking toward the bed that was near her.

". . . he's... really not going to take that well..." she muttered before sighing lightly.

"How long have we been here?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 08:05:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Back in time? Blackhole...?" Ty muttered to himself, before shaking his head.

"You've been here for about 3 days." he told her.

"Your craft crash-landed in the middle of a forest, so we rescued you from your ship." he explained.

"...and don't worry, your ship is here as well." he then said.

"We recovered it, as well as all the debris from it we could find."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 08:08:04 )

"That's a relief, but useless." She commented.

"There's no chance we can return home with that. It's not go flight capabilities, and the navigational aspects were quite seriously damaged before we hit the damned rock." She stated, not commenting on which 'rock' she was referring to, specifically.

"So where are we? More specifically." She added. "I know you said somewhere called 'the Unit'," she used her hands for air quotes here,, "but that tells me absolutely nothing."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 08:26:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ty was more confused than ever, but decided to answer her questions first, before asking his own.

"Well... hm." he muttered.

"I'll start more locally, and work my way out." he said.

"We're in San Diego." he told her.

"Which is in the United States." he went on.

"...in North America." he then tacked on.

"If you need anything more than that, I honestly can't think of what to tell you, other than you're on the planet Earth." he then chuckled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 08:50:14 )

"All right then." Was all she said.

"How long am I going to be stuck here?" She then asked after a few seconds.

"Not that I'm impatient. I merely wish to know if there's a time limit."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 20:04:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Depends on what our head medic says." Tyson responded.

"You and your friend had some serious injuries." he told her.

"You alone suffered a serious concussion, multiple bruises and lacerations, cracked ribs, and your ankle is broken." he explained further.

"So we'll have to wait and see what your prognosis is from Angela." he concluded.

"Bit since you're awake, that should be a little easier to determine." he added with a shrug.

"By the way, who are you?" he then asked, finally getting to the questions HE wanted to ask.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 20:19:09 )

She nodded.

"That makes sense." She commented with a light sigh.

"It was quite a rough landing. If anything, I'm amazed thatI sustained that little damage." Se added.

"As for your question, my name is Violet." She stated

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 20:28:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hello, Violet." Ty responded.

"I am Agent Tyson King." he introduced himself.

"And I can only imagine it was a rough landing." he then said. "Your craft was pretty banged up when we found it." he said further.

"What happened?" he asked.

"How did you end up making such a... bombastic... entrance?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 20:34:50 )

Violet just sighed.

"Well, it was a nicer landing than I expected, having lost control after going through a black hole." She commented.

"The facct that two of us survived says a lot about the quality of the pod." She added, not realising that it was very easily to believe that she was legit insane with talk of going through a black hole.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 20:37:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Uhhh..." Ty muttered.

"Riiiiiight." he said.

"Let's... let's back up a bit there." he told her, clearing his throat a little.

"A... blackhole, you say?" he asked.

"Which is to say... that vacuum phenomenon in space, where not even light can escape?" he asked further.

"You... went through one."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 20:46:17 )

Violet nodded.

"Yep." She answered.

"We were part of an exploratory team." She continued. "The plan was to try and research what the effects of a black hole are." She paused a moment before sighing lightly.

"But we were sucked into it, and we probably barely survived."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 20:59:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Uh... huh." he said.

"I was unaware that any nations were embarking on such a mission." he admitted.

"I didn't think any nations thought it possible TO embark on such a mission." he then added.

"....certainly not Russia... not China... The U.S. isn't..." he mumbled. "Can't think of anyone else that would even have the funding to even think about it..." he continued.

"Where are you from?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 21:04:41 )

As he listed off the places, she acquired a bit of a puzzled expression.

"Oh, I'm from Fortuna." She answered honestly.

"And... I've never heard of 'China'" She added.

"Is it one of the newer nations? I know there was a bit of an upheaval regarding some micronations that want some independence and recognition as such."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.