Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Unfamiliarity

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/18 22:29:51 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"................." Jake was silent, before sighing.

"Right." he said.

"Guess I need to dig it out again." he commented.

Then, before Hollie could say anything, he started rummaging beneath the desk, before pulling out a yellow sign. One that read Closed for Mandatory Inspection. He then took it to the front doors and hung it up on the inside, facing out, before locking and securing the doors.

"It's a sign that alerts those in the know that we're under quarantine." he told her. "Specifically, it's the colour that's the tipoff. Normally the sign would be white." he explained further.

"This way a mass panic isn't spread because of the word 'quarantine', and no innocent people accidentally get exposed to... whatever's in here."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/18 22:35:41 )

Hollie nodded.

"Good." She said. "That really would be for the best." She added.

"Also, before I part ways to do what I need to via the council and Triad for this." She started, sighing lightly.

"Do you have any means of contacting everyone?" She asked. "As in a PA system or intercom or something of the sort."

♯Cover me with snow \\ Freeze me to death \\ Forever I'll lay in the alpine bed♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/18 22:58:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah... yeah." Jake replied.

"I do." he said.

"I have a special P.A. system set up here to use in case of a security breach or concern." he told her.

"But it can be seen as an emergency broadcast system." he then said further.

"Why? What exactly do you want me to say?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/18 23:03:09 )

"Anyone who is currently feeling the effects of an unexplained and unexpected illness needs to report to Sharp's Office." Hollie answered simply, and honestly. She was sure there would be far more people than could be in there, but the entryway with his receptionist was rather large, and as a result, she could field things through there. She paused though.

"On second though... hold off on that for a moment. I need to check something first." She then said before heading off. "I'll be back within five minutes!" he heard as she vanished around a corner.

Sure enough, five minutes later, she returned.

"All right, change of plans. " She stated. "Direct them to the Med Wing. It's empty for the moment, and far more space for the possibly large number of people."

♯Cover me with snow \\ Freeze me to death \\ Forever I'll lay in the alpine bed♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/18 23:24:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake nodded when she came back and said what she did, before activating the P.A. system he had access to.

"Attention everyone in this building." he said.

"All who are feeling the effects of an illness, but do not know what illness they have, are to report to the Medical Wing IMMEDIATELY." he said further.

"It does not matter how good or how bad you are feeling, if you are sick and do not know the cause, report to the Medical Wing. IMMEDIATELY." he reiterated.

He then stopped broadcasting, paused for a moment, and looked at Hollie.

"Lady Remmington?" he addressed her.

"How's the boss?" he asked, his concern evident.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/18 23:49:25 )

Hollie, who had about to head off again, this time to move Hal to the med wing as well, just paused as Jake asked his question. She deliberated for a matter of a second before answering.

"That is something I am not at liberty to discuss." Was all she said before heading off, knowing that he'd likely be able to figure out the answer from that.

She made her way up to the office and past the receptionist. she entered the office and sighed before using her mana to get Hal down to the med wing. She knew that she needed to do all she could to ensure the djinn's survival after all.

Once that was done, she sighed lightly before calling the one person she knew would answer quickly, and do as she needed.

"Vito, I am sorry about the hour." She started after he'd answered.

"Protocol Evergreen is in place. Location, San Diego branch of the Unit." She paused a moment.

"You know the teams to contact. Face to face is always better. They can mana into the entryway. The front desk security - Jake - will direct them to wherever they need." There was an authority to her voice, and most people wouldn't really pay any heed to it, but Vito knew her better than most people. Granted, that was primarily because they were family, but that knowledge was still there.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/19 00:46:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake watched Hollie head off, and was silent.

"....Hal..." he said quietly.

"Damn it all." he cursed, gritting his teeth and clenching his hands into fists.

"The hell is happening?" he asked himself.

Meanwhile, Vito had received the call, and hadn't a chance to say anything. Not that he wanted to, though. He was just taking in all she had to say, and writing down the key elements of it.

"Yes Ma'am." he replied.

"I will have that all done within the next 30 minutes, tops." he told her.

"There anything else I need to know before I start?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/19 03:02:19 )

Hollie was silent for a moment before sighing.

"Nothing is coming to mind for the moment." she admitted.

"I'm sure there is more, but I'm just drawing a blank." She added with another sigh. After another second, she paused.

"Actually, there is one thing." She started.

"After all is said and done with what I asked... see if you can find some sort of information for what can render a djinn near dead." She made sure that she wasn't around anyone, that no one could overhear her when she said that. She'd made sure that Hal was somewhere private, somewhere no one would come across him, strictly because she knew THAT would illicit panic.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/19 03:22:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Vito was silent, before sighing.

"Got it." he then said.

"The necessary teams will be contacted, and they will show up ASAP." he told her.

"And I will contact you later with any information I find out." he went on.

"Good luck with the situation until then." he finished.

With that, she heard him hang up, which meant he was already working on getting things done. That was one thing she liked about Vito; he got things done.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/19 03:34:31 )

Hollie had barely managed to get a 'thank you' out before the call was ended, but she realised that it was for the best that it was that quickly, due to how this was rather crucial to deal with.

As it stood, she wasn't entirely sure what it was that she was going to, since there was plenty for her TO do while there. With a light sigh, she just made her way out of the wing, after making sure one of the staff there was ready to receive anyone who come in, and that they had the information about who was arriving.

She made her way through the rather empty halls before reaching where she was aiming to go: R&D.

She tried the door, found she couldn't get through (and that she could see no one in there) before sighing and knocking on it with her staff, hoping someone would answer.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/19 03:44:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After about 5 seconds, she saw one of the interns that worked there pop their head out from behind a wall. When they saw it was Hollie, they immediately rushed over, opening the door.

"Lady Remmington?" they asked.

"Why are you here?" they asked further, before shaking their head.

"No matter. We're in serious trouble right now." they said further.

"....or is that WHY you're here?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/19 03:51:51 )

"That's exactly why I'm here." Hollie answered after the door was opened.

"I don't know if the message reached down here. If there is anyone that is feeling any effects of any possibly illness or just off overall without just cause, then they are to get to the Med Wing." She explained.

"And I want to know if there is anything I can do to help anyone who is moving there, to get there." She paused a moment.

"How bad is it down here?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/19 04:08:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....pretty bad." the intern replied.

"A lot of us are feeling sick, but Illias is really bad." he told her.

"Right now, Dr. Remmington is in the large lab room, trying to care for him." he then continued.

"Do you want me to take you there?" he asked.

"I warn you, though, it's... bad." he continued, before pausing.

"So... yes, she could use some help getting him to the Medical Wing." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/19 04:19:32 )

Hollie nodded.

"Lead the way." She said simply. He then led her to the location. As they were walking though, she paused partway.

There was something in the air, and she could smell it. Something that wasn't... well, as one would expect. It smelled like there was something more there, but the question was what. She didn't pay it much attention though, bfore catching up with the intern and reaching the lab in question.

When she entered, she didn't pay it much heed, strictly because after seeing Hal, she was sure this wouldn't be worse. She did notice that both were pale, notably so, though.

"Aunt Hollie?" Kiah asked as she looked up, probably about ready to chew out the intern for bothering her and being useless in helping.

"Hey Kiah. Look, we need to get him, and you apparently, to the med wing. Need some help?" Hollie asked. Kiah didn't say anything before nodding.

"All right. Now. Do you want to go with him?" Hollie asked. Kiah was silent for a moment before shaking her head.

"I have shit I need to do here." Kiah answered. Hollie just met her gaze, silently asking 'like what?'

"I need to make sure others here can make their way there if need be as well." Kiah answered as she got to her feet. Hollie just sighed bfore agreeing with the chemist. She then approached Ilias to see if he was even awake still before using her mana to get him to the med wing, and leaving with him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/19 04:35:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When she checked Illias, she saw that he was still conscious... but barely.

And probably a little delirious.

"...huh?" he mumbled.

However, before he had a chance to say anything more, both he and Hollie were gone.

"Wh... wha...?" he asked further, his eyes rapidly focusing and defocusing when they appeared again.

"An... angel...?" he then murmured, before shaking his head a little.

"L-Lady Remmington?" he asked, upon seeing Hollie.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/19 04:44:47 )

Hollie just smiled softly.

"I'm here to help." She stated simply, making sure he was comfy on the bed that she'd made sure he was on.

"Just rest. Someone will be in soon to check on you. I have plenty more I need to do, I think." She then said before pausing.

"I just have one question.... what happened?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/19 05:16:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I... don't know..." Illias mumbled.

"I just felt sick suddenly. I've been sick before." he said.

"Thought my immunity would take care of it." he went on.

"But... but it's... no, it's... different... not the same..." he then continued, seemingly drifting in and out of lucidness.

He looked ready to pass out, but snapped himself back to reality.

"It's like... my mana... is leaving me..." he told her.

"I can't feel it any more..." he murmured further, before slowly passing out.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/19 05:22:21 )

Hollie was silent as Ilias said all he did, even though it pained her to see him like this, knowing she couldn't properly do anything at the moment.

After he was out, she sighed before heading out to see if tehre was anyone else that had made their way there. For all she knew, several people may have by that point, but she had no idea. She paused on the way though and pulled her phone out. She quickly started to type up a text to send to a couple people.

I'm sending this to multiple people at once, sorry but I don't think I can afford the time to type out multiple and send She started befor epausing, thinking about waht she wanted to say, and how she would say it.

Vito, Vincent, we have a mana drain on our hands. It seems like it may be a bug of some sort doing it, according to one who has fallen victim to it. Vito, I need you to look into this for me, I think there is a record of something like this happening years ago, generations ago. Vincent, I need you to make sure everyone on the outside of the Unit is all right. I have this place quarantined. No one is getting in or out, aside from the Emergency crew. she paused a moment, took a breath before sighing.

And yes, I am all right so far. With that, she hit send before heading to see if anyone else had arrived.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/19 05:56:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When Vito received the text, his eyes widened.

"A mana-draining bug...?" he muttered, before shaking his head and looking at those he had been addressing.

"The situation is worse than imagined! Get to the Unit in San Diego! NOW!" he ordered them.

"Sir, yes sir!" they all replied in unison, before they all disappeared from where they were, leaving Vito to wonder what was going on.

When Vincent read the text, all colour seemed to drain from his face.

He knew he had to check on everyone, to make sure they were all right, but part of him was VERY concerned about his sister. Had she been exposed to this potential 'virus' or 'bug'? And if so, how long before she fell victim to it? She had said she was fine at the moment, but how bad was it going to get?

He had so many questions, but he knew they wouldn't be answered right now. He needed to concern himself with what Hollie had told him to, and he would ask her about her own health when he had the information she wanted, see if it had changed by then.

Meanwhile, as Hollie looked to see if anyone else had arrived, she saw two new arrivals... neither of them looking good, and their presence here being a very bad sign.

It was Zeke and Azazel, and they seemed to both be using each other for balance, and like they would collapse onto the floor if they weren't against each other.

"...oh, Lady Remmington..." Zeke said wearily when he saw Hollie.

"Fancy meeting you here." he added in a small laugh, which caused him to wobble a little, and made Azazel look ready to just collapse in a heap on the floor.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/19 06:00:59 )

Hollie was silent as she saw the pair of them.

"Come on. You two need to not be on your feet." She stated simply as she helped both to a bed each. Right next to each other.

"Firstly, are Angela and Aedan all right?" She asked, her voice concerned.

"Aedan has no mana." was Azazel's reply, which was in essence enough to say that the zombie was fine.

"What about Angela?" She asked Zeke. "Does someone need to go find her? Or is she not working today?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.