Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Unfamiliarity

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 06:09:58 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

".......I see." Leo responded.

"Well, ironically enough, it's gonna take mana to solve this." he said.

"Right, I can see the basic workings here... and the damage done to it should be easily fixed or worked around..." he said further, digging out some small tools and supplies.

"I'll need information about this, though." he went on.

"Mostly the storage limit it has, so I don't overload my setup." he continued.

"But I'll ask as I go." he then said further.

"That all right?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 06:14:13 )

"Ask all you need, and I'll answer everything as well as I can." Violet answered with a nod as she stood where she was.

"As for storage limit... uhh.... translating it to what you guys have here... about 72k terabytes." She answered, not realising that it would likely make him choke on air for a moment. That was an INSANE storage space, after all. It would take lifetimes for the current tech advancements to reach that level.

"I have no idea what you ugys have beyond tera though, so I can't truncate it down more than that."

♯Cover me with snow \\ Freeze me to death \\ Forever I'll lay in the alpine bed♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 06:36:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo almost dropped everything when he heard that.

"Uh... I... well..." he stammered.

"We're up to... well... 10 terabytes here." he admitted.

"But 72k? Holy hell." he mumbled.

"This is gonna take more mana than I thought." he muttered further, cracking his knuckles.

"When this is over, you and I must have a more casual discussion about technology." he commented, getting to work.

"I would love to tap into your advanced knowledge."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 06:40:39 )

Violet just bit her lip.

".... maybe." Was all she said.

"I mean.. I realise that there is no risk of breaking reality if I pass the knowlege on, at least not in a continuum sense, but..." She trailed off slightly before sighing.

"It's our tech boom that led to the mana dying."

♯Cover me with snow \\ Freeze me to death \\ Forever I'll lay in the alpine bed♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 07:04:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo paused his work for a moment, but then sighed.

"I see." he said.

"That... that is truly a shame." he said further.

"Technology and mana can go hand-in-hand beautifully. They can work together and enhance each other marvellously." he went on.

"Such a shame that one choked out the other." he lamented.

"I understand your hesitation now."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 20:32:54 )

Violet was silent for a moment.

"Anyway, let's do what we can to get what you have in your hands up and running here before worrying about anything else." She said.

"If only because that," she motioned toward what he had, "is far more pressing."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 21:53:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Indeed." Leo agreed.

With that, they started to work on getting the device to interface properly with Leo's setup... and at first, they were having absolutely NO success.

That is, until Leo tweaked someone manually on the stick, and it looked like his tech was starting to read what was on it. Starting to. And it was slow... to massively understate it.

"We've made progress!" Leo declared.

"If we follow this line of troubleshooting, we might be able to get this done more quickly." he told Violet. "....relatively speaking." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 22:06:41 )

Violet just sighed.

"I'm amazed that you were able to get any sort of connection." She admitted.

"Although who knows what the cost is." She added with a lighht sigh.

"For all we know, it'll have corrupted everything. No way to know until we can actually access the information."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 22:21:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo merely sighed in response.

"Corrupted or not, we have to try." he said.

"It's just as useless in a format we can't access than it is corrupted." he reasoned.

"You said it yourself, the tech here can't handle your own tech." he went on.

"So it's MY job to fudge and jury-rig this until it temporarily can, in ANY way." he said further.

"Now, what does THIS line mean?" he asked, gesturing to a message that popped up, using terms he wasn't familiar with.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 22:23:07 )

Violet read the error before pausing, thinking about it for a moment. She hyad to put it in a way that he'd understand, since most of the terms that would be used normally would be completely lost on him.

"Uhh..." She paused before snapping her fingers a couple seconds later.

"Basically, it's write protected. But to an extreme level. Can't read, write, edit, or access until that is disabled."

".... shouldn't be enabled in the first place, though."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 22:38:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....hm." Leo muttered.

"Strange that it's here, then." he said.

"But I have several ways to get through such things." he went on.

"Can you think of WHY it's here?" he then asked her.

"Who might have done it, when, and why?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 22:40:06 )

'I have no idea." was Violet's answer.

"The only thing I can possibly think of, is that it was something that was done automatically when the systems read critical." She continued. "To prevent the information from falling into Alien hands - and yes that's a concern back home."

"No one said anything about that though, when we signed up to do what we did. ... and no that wasn't to go through a black hole." She paused a moment.

"... that travel could have caused it all to glitch and whatnot too. I honestly have no ideas other than those."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 23:12:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hm. Fair enough." he replied.

"Then I need to bypass this." he said.

"This is very sophisticated stuff, but everything has a weakness." he then reasoned.

"I just need to dig and poke around until I find it." he told her further.

"I have to." he continued.

"Lest the entire world be possibly put in danger."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 02:23:44 )

"Well, maybe not the entire world," Violet commented, "But the mana would be gone rather quickly, I'm sure." She added.

"Unfortunately, I have learned rather quickly while here that mana is ... pretty crucial though,." She added.

"Regardless, hopefully the information in there will be accessible and will have survived the crash."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 03:04:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Only one way to find out." Leo replied.

He then cracked his knuckles, and got to work, with Violet helping him out when he needed it. Specifically, when he had questions about what terms meant.

Surprisingly, that was the majority of his questions. When she put it in terms he could understand, he seemed to be able to work quite efficiently.

Unfortunately, the progress was still slow. But it was moving forward. They even managed to somehow get past the protection that they had encountered.

"...it's starting to interface somewhat properly." Leo then said, sitting back and exhaling slowly, taking a small break.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 03:10:37 )

Violet looked to the clock on the wall before sighing.

"You hungry?" She asked.

"We've been in here for a few hours, and I am. So I'm going to go hit up the cafeteria. If you want me to bring anything back for you, just tell me what, and I will."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 03:25:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....yeah, I could eat." Leo admitted.

"Just... hm, bring me back either a small pizza or a cold cut sub." he said.

"Whichever they have." he told her.

"If pizza, their pepperoni and sausage, if it's the sub, tell them to give it 'the works'." he went on.

"They know who I am, anyway, so it won't be an issue."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 04:14:33 )

Violet nodded.

"Can do." She said before heading off to grab what she was after.

---

Ty was stuck in the Unit, while Miki was at home with her kitty. She knew that he'd be fine in the end, but that didn't mean there wasn't any concern for any of the others.

"No idea how long you'll be stuck there, huh?" She asked. She was currently talking to Ty over the phone.

"Nada." Ty answered. "But we do have a crew from the Council and Triad here to try and get us all out of here quicker.

[b]"At least there's that. How is everyone?"
Miki then asked after a second or two.

"A lot are doing all right, but others are ... pretty bad. Rylie for instance seems to be barely alive." Ty answered.

"How are Hal or Sierra?" She then asked. One being a being of nothing but mana, the other being a spirit.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 04:32:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hal's in bad shape." Tyson replied.

"Well... I haven't seen him." he then admitted. "But Hollie Remmington is refusing to talk about him, or let anyone see him." he went on.

"So... yeah, pretty bad." he muttered.

"I assume so, at any rate." he added.

He then paused for a moment, as something hit him.

"...and... I don't... oh crap..." he muttered.

"I don't think ANYONE'S checked on Sierra..." he realised and vocalised.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 04:45:35 )

"Someone might want to do that, the" Miki commented after a couple of seconds.

"Before her mana drains away to nothing." She added, some urgency to her voice.

"I'll see if I Can find anything out here regarding the drain. I'm not sure I can, but maybe."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.