Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Unfamiliarity

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 05:56:39 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Leo was silent and then sighed.

"There... there was a trophy. A small trophy. One that had been imbued with mana to shine and sparkle eternally, it seems." he told them.

"It clung to it, basically feeding minimally. And... well, after the escape pod disengaged from the main ship, stasis occurred... and... well... yeah..." he mumbled further.

"So can we kill it?" Ty asked.

"We can. But we'd need to essentially recreate a low to no atmosphere environment... or something akin to that." was all Leo could respond with.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 06:07:46 )

Holle was silent as Leo offered her his explanation. She wasn't entirely sure what it was that she was to make of that, but it was enough for her to confirm what she'd alreay been considering.

She didn't say anything before she looked to her cell again, hit call and rbought it up to her ear.

"Hey, Vincent? I need your help." She started after he'd greeted her.

"Do you or Cass have what I've asked you to hold onto for me?" She asked

♯Cover me with snow \\ Freeze me to death \\ Forever I'll lay in the alpine bed♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 06:24:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" Vincent was silent for a moment as his sister asked her question.

"No." he replied.

"Cassandra has it." he said.

"...why?" he then asked.

"Why do you need it? Its ability won't help you, will it?" he asked further.

There was an underlying concern and confusion to his tone, and Hollie could hear it clearly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 06:30:07 )

"Ahh, that works out." Hollie stated.

"Please contact her, and have her tell Sydney I need the one that she has aswell." She stated after a couple of seconds.

"I will be contacting Vito to collect the one a the Council on my behalf as well." She added.

"Thank you Vincent." She then said, and before he was able to complain and protest, she ended the call. She then looked to Leo.

"No atmosphere? That can be arranged. Do you know how long it would need to be lacking to fix this?"

♯Cover me with snow \\ Freeze me to death \\ Forever I'll lay in the alpine bed♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 06:48:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........." both Leo and Tyson were silent for a moment, looking at each other, before Leo looked back at Hollie.

"Ah..." he stammered.

"Not... not TOO long..." he said.

"And what does THAT mean?" Tyson asked.

"They should start dying around and 20-minute mark." Leo said. "35 minutes at most, I would say." he said further.

"That's still kind of long for NO atmosphere..." Tyson muttered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 06:50:02 )

"That is completely doable." Hollie stated before looking between the pair of them.

"Now, would you two be so kind as to go and alert the staff I brought in, that there will be a time of no atmosphere shortly, and they need to prepare the med wing?" She asked before looking to Ty specifically.

"Do you have any suggestions for who could possibly be a good runner? I need someone to pick something up for me." She then said simply.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 07:06:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......a good runner?" Ty muttered.

"Uh... well, most of the fastest people here are sick..." he said.

"I don't think ANYONE in this building would be fast..." he went on, before snapping his fingers.

"Wait! Gemini!" he realised.

"She's pretty damn quick." he said.

"Why?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 07:15:03 )

"Because I need someone to pick up something for me." Hollie repeated.

"I will look into it and contact her if she will work for what I need." She added, her tone professional. Leo though, knew that it was basically saying that she wasn't going to elaborate for the pair of them.

"Now both of you, go. One of you need to alert Jake to the arrival of a couple of people."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 07:29:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....I'll do it." Tyson replied.

"Right." Leo mumbled.

"I'm going to go back to Violet and Emerald." he told them.

Ty was the first to excuse himself, and left... leaving Leo looking rather concerned.

"....something tells me you're going to do something VERY drastic..." he mumbled to Hollie.

".......but I trust you." he told her.

"I hope this works out optimally for us all."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 07:31:58 )

Ty was gone, and Hollie just sighed.

"I assume that you're telling the council crew to prepare for the lack of atmosphere shortly?" She asked him.

"Because yes. I am doing something very drastic. Something I would rather not do, but I truly believe this is the only thing that will make this building survivable again." She added with a sigh before just leaning forward on the desk she was sitting at, her arms both atop it, crossed by her chest.

"And I don't know how much longer I can stay in here. You're probably only doing so well because Order Mana would be largely unaffected by this, if I were to guess."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 08:03:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....I'm starting to feel it." Leo admitted.

"I... admittedly, as an Order member, I AM above most things, but this is... different." he told her.

"I realise that drastic times call for drastic measures." he then said further.

He was then silent for another moment, and sighed.

"...I'll go tell your crew about this." he told her.

"...may this work out as you intend it." he finished, before excusing himself and leaving her alone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 08:05:15 )

Hollie just sighed as Leo left, not entirely sure what it was that she was going to expect regarding this.

The next thing she did, was call the one person that she knew she could trust.

"Menefer, I need you to do me a favour, and it's a huge one." She stated after he'd answered

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 08:23:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vito was silent as he heard what Hollie said to him.

He knew that when his real name was used, things were bad. And it was serious.

"....right." he said.

"Yes, Ma'am." he then said further.

"What... what is it?" he asked her, a bit of hesitation to his voice, and she could probably guess why.

He was bracing himself for whatever it was she was about to ask him to do.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 08:27:09 )

Hollie just sighed, some hesitation to her voice.

"I need you to bring the Ember Charm to me." She told him simply, knowing he'd know exactly what it was.

"It may be hard for you to get, but, tell them to call me if they don't want to allow you access to it." She added.

"The sooner you bring it, the better, as well."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 21:28:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....the....the Ember Charm?" Vito stammered.

"I... yes, I can... I can get that." he told her. "I might face a LITTLE opposition, but I do believe I can get it without you needing to be called." he said.

He then paused for a moment, hesitating on something.

"...may I ask WHY you require it?" he asked.

"On its own, it does... very little. And it shouldn't do anything to help the current situation you're in with the Unit." he reasoned further.

"So why do you need or want it?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 21:56:38 )

"Once you have it, please let my brother know, that she he knows I'm serious about this. Thank you." Hollie said.

"Also, one last thing." She paused for a moment, to let him respond.

"... yes?" Vito asked.

"There is a file in my desk, top left drawer. Yes the drawer only you and I have access to." She then cotinued, "There is no guarantee of my survival, so, just be aware that it's there in the event I don't make it through this."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 22:15:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" Vito was silent again, practically stunned.

"Forgive me for speaking out of proper respect right now, but you are scaring me now, Hollie." he said candidly.

"....wait..." he then muttered.

"Wait... surely you can't mean to..." he went on, before stopping once more.

"You do, don't you?" he asked rhetorically.

"I can tell by the tone of your voice." he said with a VERY heavy sigh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 22:17:57 )

"We'll talk after all is said and done here." Hollie said. She didn't give him a direct answer, but he knew that it would mean that yeah, she was thinking waht he was referring to. She just didn't want to dwell on it.

"Once you have it, please call me." She then said.

"I don't want you in here, and will see if I can arrange for someome to come pick it up." She finished with.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 22:40:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...yes, Ma'am." Vito replied, resignation in his tone.

"I will call you immediately when I have it." he told her.

With that, they ended the call, and she heard Vito hang up.

It wasn't hard for her to tell that this was weighing heavily on him, and he would rather not be doing what she had told him to do, with the info that he had.

But he knew he had to do it. He trusted her implicitly and completely.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 23:00:18 )

Hollie just sat there for a moment before getting to her feet, mere moment sbefore she was brought to sitting again.

". . . dammit..." she muttered before sighing lightly and just opting to call instead. At this point, she wasn't entirely sure she could effectively make her way anywhere without serious effort.

She grabbed the phone on Hal's desk and dialed the number that she read off of another page. After he'd answered, she just sighed.

"Jake, I have a question for you." She started after he'd answered.

"We can do this over the phone, or you can come up to Hal's office for this, your preference."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.