Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Unfamiliarity

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 08:28:18 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"....my apologies." Tyson replied.

"I... didn't even realise I'd made my way here until I was here." he admitted.

"I guess I just wanted to knock on the door and have Hal answer it like nothing was wrong..." he then said further, wistfulness and melancholy to his tone.

"If you're busy, I can... leave you be." he told her.

"I'm just going through the building to try and find people that might not have made it to the medical wing, and can still be helped." he then explained further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 10:04:02 )

"Busy? Not really. I mean. Yes. Just..." Hollie started before sighing. That one breath was extremely heavy, weighted with more than just concern for the boss.

"Going through the building, huh?" She asked, meeting his gaze, and he could basically see all the weight on her shoulders.

"I've gone through a good chunk of it before coming here." She told him simply.

"Not sure if there wiull be anyone I missed earlier." She then added. "If you find anyone though, then that is fantastic." There was s till a professionalism to her voice, which was quite nice. She wasn't letting this get to her overall demeanor and the way she addressed people.

♯Cover me with snow \\ Freeze me to death \\ Forever I'll lay in the alpine bed♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 21:55:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ty nodded in response.

"Well, I already found two." he told her.

"Our resident banshee, Sierra, had collapsed in her dorm, and I managed to get her to the medical wing." he said.

"The other is our own vulpine young lady, Peyton. Seems she was up in one of the records rooms when this started, and a cabinet ended up falling on her, almost crushing her." he reported.

"But I found her thanks to a text from her, and she's in the medical wing as well." he continued.

"Frankly, hearing that you've already gone through the building is a massive relief, but I feel that I should at least give it a once-over still." he then said, before pausing.

"...if nothing else, so I feel somewhat useful during this crisis." he admitted candidly, scratching the back of his head.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 22:02:30 )

"If you want to be useful, help me with going through all the files here." Hollie commented.

"I am trying to find, first off, who is in the building and who is not, since I realise not everyone is." She continued, "Secondly, trying to locate if there's anything that can give a hint as to what is going on." She sighed here, seeming more human than she usually let people see.

She marked down on a list that she was starting to make up that Sierra and Peyton were already in the med wing.She was compiling a list of who was reportedly here, and who she knew was already down in there.

"Beyond that, I'm not sure what anyone can do here, to be perfectly honest." She added with a light sigh.

♯Cover me with snow \\ Freeze me to death \\ Forever I'll lay in the alpine bed♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 22:19:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Tyson just nodded, and stepped into the office.

"Sure thing." he replied.

"And you want to know who's here and who isn't?" he asked.

"Well, Agent Miki Vierayen isn't in the building, as she's taken some personal mental health days recently." he told her.

"And I think Agent Anya Averina is away on assignment, so she won't be here in the building, either..." he went on, thinking about it.

"Beyond that, I'll sort through the files and let you know more as I remember it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 22:22:23 )

"Hal's pretty good with marking all that down." Hollie said before chuckling.

"Plus, I have Jake checking the entrance and exit records to verify if someone is or is not in here." she added.

"But help would be appreciated.I would prefer to find the source of this before someone dies." She added as she continued to look through what was in front of her - which was a huge stack of files.

"But thank you for the information on the two ladies. Knowing they aren't here is definitely a good thing."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 22:42:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Of course." Tyson replied.

"I'll do whatever I can." he told her.

With that, he began to help her as best he could, but paused after a moment.

"...Lady Remmington?" he addressed her.

"How are you holding up?" he asked.

"This whole situation can't be pleasant for you, to massively understate it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 22:45:31 )

Hollie just let out a breath. It was light, barely detectable, but it was there.

"Please, there's no need for formalities here." She stated simply.

"I'm just as trapped here as you are." She added.

"As for how am I holding up? .... could definitely be better." She admitted, but not going into detail. She was still the head of the Council, and she was certainly still the one that everyone would be looking to for assurance if things went south.

"But I'm holding up well enough for the moment." She then said.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 23:23:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Fair enough." Ty responded.

"And all right, that... does makes sense." he said.

"......" he was then silent, before sighing.

"I'm not going to lie, I'm worried about Hal." he told her candidly.

"Anyone that's asked me, I've responded with 'he's tough, he'll live through this'... but... well... I don't know if I believe it." he admitted further.

"I know his very existence is based on mana-" he went on, before realising that Hollie was probably just as worried about Hal, if not MORE.

"...but I won't say anything more on it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 23:29:37 )

"Trust me... I'm completely aware of that." Hollie said after a few seconds.

"He's part of the reason why I'm trying to scramble and find something, here." She added.

"He and the spirits here are most likely the main ones at risk for the moment." She paused after saying this and let out a breath.

"If Hal doesn't survive this.... I'll have ot find someone to take over.... Would you be interested?" She asked. It was apparent tha tit was more for the sake of knwoledge, for just in case, than anythign else.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 02:37:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Tyson's first instinct was to get angry. He was livid at the thought of Hal's replacement being talked of already... but he knew why she was asking. Or, at least, he figured why she was, and he knew she'd never be callous for the sake of being callous. He knew she had valid reasons.

So he took a small breath, and let it out slowly.

"Yeah, sure." he replied.

"I've filled in for him before in the past." he reasoned.

"And Hal's always said that I'm a potential candidate to be head of the Unit if something ever happened to him." he went on, pausing again.

"...just never thought it would come up THIS soon." he admitted further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 03:43:19 )

Hollie was silent for a moment before sighing.

"Trust me... I really don't want to have that happen today, tomorrow." She then said.

"But... in case... it's good to know you're willing." She followed up with a few seconds later. "If you can't handle it or decide that it's not for you, then I will work with you to find someone else that could fill the roll."

"Beyond that, we need to find anyone else that needs to get to the med wing." She let out a breath, one with a lot of weight to it.

" and hope that something comes up with what Leo and Violet are looking into regarding how to fix this..."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 04:01:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Just as Tyson was about to respond... and as if on cue... they both heard something.

It was a voice. A familiar voice. And it was calling out for Hollie.

"...llie! HOLLIE!" Leo shouted out.

"HOLLIE!" he repeated.

"......" Tyson was silent, before looking at Hollie.

"Methinks you have someone looking for you."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 04:04:49 )

Hollie was silent.

"I... ok then." She said. I hope that he has good news... or at least useful news." She said quietly before sighing and using some of her mana to open the door, which showed Leo as he was about to knock.

"Come in." She said simply.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 04:22:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo looked exhausted.

He was breathing heavily, and sweating profusely... probably from all the running and yelling he'd just done.

"Calm down, kid." Ty said.

"Seriously, take a few breaths." he told him, to which Leo did.

"Now... what is it?" he asked the young Order member.

"We found it!" Leo exclaimed in response.

"Violet and I! We found what's causing all this!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 04:24:41 )

Hollie looked over.

"Excuse me?" She asked, disbelief in her voice.

"Sit down, take a breath, and tell me what you found." She then said before pausing.

"And where is Violet?" She asked.

"She..." Leo started before having to cough from the lack of oxygen for the moment.

"She headed down to the pod her and her brother arrived in." He answered.

"I'm guessing that's part of it then..." Hollie commented.

"Give me the information, and we can finally fix this."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 05:01:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"It... it's airborne." Leo said.

"The virus is airborne!?" Tyson exclaimed.

"Virus isn't the correct term." Leo responded.

"See... this IS being caused by microorganisms, yes... but it's not like a virus or a bacterium, or anything like that. It's... more like a weird parasite?" he explained. "But they travel along the air, enter organisms that have mana in them, drain them dry, and move on." he continued.

"....and Violet and Emerald brought them with them?" Ty asked.

"Well... a form of it." Leo replied.

"They're not QUITE as evolved or advanced as what ravaged her world." he said further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 05:04:55 )

Hollie was completely silent as she listened to what was said. It wasn't hard to tell that she was processing it, and thinking about it all. Before saying anything, then just pulled her phone out of her pocket and dialed a number. She was silent, not entirely sure what to say to the others for the moment. Before she hit call though, she noticed that Leo looked like he had more to say.

[b"You look like you have more to say."[/b] She then said.

"Talk, Leo. Give me the information, before I make a decision regarding clearing it out of here."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 05:20:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo nodded.

"Right." he said.

"It also seems that they can go 'dormant' when there's no mana around." he told them.

"...is there any way to stop them?" Ty asked.

"I don't know." Leo replied.

"But we DO know that, apparently, they cannot survive in space." he continued.

"...really?" Ty asked.

"Hm." he mumbled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 05:22:12 )

Hollie paused.

"I feel like you're leaving off information there, Leo." She stated.

"So what's the rest?"

"Huh? what do you mean?" Ty asked, not entirely sure what she was getting at. Hollie just sighed.

"Leo. Obviously you know how the parasite survived. So how about explaining that?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.