Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Forging Ones Future

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/30 06:31:53 )

Ashley just sighed lightly before closing the door.

"Go. You two have shit to talk about." She said before shrugging.

"I'm heading back downstairs, myself." With that, she waved and headed off, leaving the pair of them alone. A few secondslater, Lindsay's cell chimed.

I really hope you know what you're doing. I trust you do, but... I'm sure you can understand my wariness. It was Ashley, of course. She didn't seem to be too bothered by this.

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/30 06:55:22 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay looked at the text, before returning it.

Pretty sure I know what I'm doing. he sent back.

I trust Kalin and Agent Sharp's judgements. he then sent further.

"Come on to my office." he then told Chris.

"All right." Chris replied, as the two of them started to head up towards it.

Meanwhile, downstairs, Ash was sitting down in one of the chairs in the room that he and Ashley shared, when he heard her come back.

"Hey." he greeted her.

"What's up?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/30 06:59:55 )

Ashley was silent for a moment before she took a seat on the bed.

". . . Lindsay's newest patient is here." She said simply.

"And I'm getting a headache." She then added, realising that it was likely because of the subdued internal war she was feeling within her tha twas causing it. She wasn't going to say so much to him though, as she didn't want to have him lash out due to Chris' presence there and exacerbate her headache.

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/30 07:24:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash raised an eyebrow when she said what she did.

"Ah... I see." he said.

"And a headache? That's crappy." he muttered.

"Anything I can do to help?" he asked.

"I mean, I'm no doctor, but I know that... well, when I doubt, apply food to the wound." he said with a light chuckle.

"Want something to eat or drink?" he asked her.

"I'm happy to make something up and bring it down here for ya." he offered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/30 07:46:13 )

Ashley was silent for a moment before sighing.

"Normally I would say yes, please, but I think it might be best if you didn't head upstairs." She told him honestly and plainly.

"Lindsay's current patient isn't... well, I don't think you'd be too enthused."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/30 08:27:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash was silent for a moment.

"...huh?" he asked.

"That's... uh... wait, huh?" he muttered.

"That's an odd and confusing thing to say." he commented.

"...why?" he then asked.

"Why would I not be enthused with this patient?" he asked her.

"Seriously. What's up?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/30 08:30:07 )

Ashley just sighed lightly before shaking her head.

"..... Someone from our past. And Lindsay's. And Casey's." She told him honestly.

"You're a Fyrane, you can sense mana."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/30 08:46:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Ash was silent for a moment, before closing his eyes and doing do.

And then he seemed to freeze.

"...what the...?" he muttered.

"No way..." he said.

"That can't be..." he muttered.

"He's here?" he asked her.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhh geez..." he mumbled further, shaking his head.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/30 08:53:17 )

"Yup." was all Ashley said before sighing lightly.

"Nto sure what to make of it, to be honest." She added.

"Part of me... is kinda concerned that he dug his mana into your borther." She admitted. "Since I know he can't with me. He's a freak of nature, and even being a halfbreed, I outrank him in terms of elven mana. But Lindsay...? Or even you..." She trailed off, knowing he'd know exactly where she was going with that.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/30 09:04:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".......hmmm." Ash mumbled.

"I... can understand your concern." he said.

"But... damn it." he cursed.

"I... SO want to fly off the handle right now, and kick him out." he growled.

"But... something's nudging at my brain, saying there's a side to this that we don't know." he went on.

"I mean... Vanessa was everything to him. I don't think he'd be capable of really acting on his own without her." he then mumbled aloud, almost seeming to space out now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/30 09:06:32 )

"That's... just it." Ashley started.

"How do we know that she didn't send him?" She asked after a moment.

"I mean.. just.. how? For all anyone knows, he's here at her behest, and honestly? I'd rather not have to deal with him tearing this place apart because of my fucking sister."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/30 09:26:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Ash was silent as she said this.

"I... what?" he asked.

"How do we know Vanessa didn't sen him?" he repeated.

"I mean... unless she gave him some sort of instructions for after..." he started to say, before pausing.

"Do... wait... wait, don't tell me..." he then mumbled, remembered what Gaea had told him back when she had removed Vanessa's mana from inside of Ashley.

"Ashley, humour me." he said.

"Remember when you were out in the Maine area? For the hunt?" he asked her.

"What's the next thing you remember AFTER that?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/30 11:29:15 )

Ashley paused and quirked an eyebrow.

". . . Waking up here at home. Why?" She asked after a moment.

"And even then, I couldn't tell you when, as, if you recall, my head wasn't exactly in the best states after wahtever happened, happened." She added. "You've... never really told me what did happen to cause that..."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/30 22:31:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........." Ash was silent for a moment, seemingly stunned.

"Ohhhhh jeez." he mumbled.

"Well, I suppose I ought to find her and let her know about this..." he said to himself.

"But... Ashley, I... well... I don't know how to delicately say this... but you had a run-in with your sister." he told Ashley. And a LOT of shit's happened. A year's worth of stuff, to be frank."[/b] he continued.

"Yes, it seems that the past YEAR has been wiped from your memory, but please, let me explain, all right?" he asked.

"I know you have a headache, but it seems like this is the best time to fill you in on some stuff." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/30 22:37:27 )

Ashley just paused.

"I..." She started before sighing.

"Find her? Find who?" She asked.

"Ash... What the hell are you going on about?" Followed a couple of seconds later. "And yes, I have a headache, but my confusion is just exacerbating it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/30 23:02:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"There's a lot to say." Ash responded.

He then took a deep breath, held it for a moment, and exhaled it. After doing do, he proceeded to tell Ashley everything that she had missed in the past year that had been erased from her mind.

Everything.

"...so there you have it." he then said after he'd reached the end.

"Vanessa's dead, it's Chris's fault, she had tried to use you to carry on her will, but Gaea showed up and took it all out from you." he summarised.

"I guess Chris is here to try and... I dunno, build a life that doesn't revolve around being a pawn?" he suggested with a shrug.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/30 23:05:07 )

Ashley didn't say a word through his entire explanation. By the end of it, she remained silent, and had an almost lost look to her.

That had been one hell of a bomb to drop on her. She was having a difficult time reconciling it all within her own head.

"I.." She started after a minute or two before shaking her head.

". . . . definitive proof of Vana's death is....." She trailed off, not entirely sure how to say it. She knew that it would be difficult to acquire, but also that it wouldn't be beyond her sister to have orchestrated this as a test, as a decoy or some shit.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/30 23:24:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash just sighed.

"I can think of two ways to confirm it." he told her.

"We either get Casey to talk to either of the reapers, and they can tell us whether or not Vanessa is dead and gone." he said.

"Or we talk to the demon that Agent Sharp has under his employ, Azazel, as I'm sure HE'D know about the goings-on in Hell." he offered.

"But it genuinely seems that things are as they say." he went on.

"I don't know what else to say."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/30 23:28:13 )

Ashley was silent before just shaking her head, her hands in her hair (she was careful to avoid her horns, of course)

"I just..." She started.

". . . now I really am alone." She admitted after a moment or two, something akin to despondence to her voice.

"Mom's gone, Vana's gone... I'm the most pure dark elf left." She then said before sighing.

". . . it's for the best." She admitted, proving that she was still herself. Wasn't going to let something like her being the last around to get her down. It was just a shock for the moment.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/30 23:52:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Ash was silent, and sighed.

"Yes. One can argue you are alone. The last remaining dark elf left alive." he told her.

"But... at least you're not alone, overall." he said further.

"You still have all of us, after all." he reasoned.

"And I'm sorry to have dropped so much on you so suddenly." he then apologised.

"But... I had no idea how to do it smoothly. So I just... did it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.