Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Forging Ones Future

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 06:33:14 )

Kalin just sighed as Rene insisted what he did. She knew that Chris hadn't done anything, although she completely understood where he was coming from.

"Rene, seriously." She started.

"I'm all right. No mana involved - well, aside from the little bit I've used to do various things." She then said as they heard footsteps above again, coming toward the stairs.

". . . Just... ugh. Don't hurt him." She knew that nothing she said would make a difference here.

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 06:55:36 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Don't HURT him!?" Rene exclaimed.

"He's been Vanessa's willing lapdog, and even now he dares to try and worm his way into here!" he exclaimed.

"All right, look." he then said to Chris.

"You have one chance to reverse this." he told him. "You undo what you've done to Kalin, and maybe... just MAYBE... I'll look the other way regarding this little... transgression..." he said further.

"But... but I didn't do anything to Kalin." Chris insisted.

"All I did was... well... earn her trust through earning others trust." he said. "And not through mana, I swear!" he added.

"...." Rene was silent, before he started to walk towards Chris, rolling up his sleeves as he did so.

"Committed til the end, I'll give ya credit for THAT." he told him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 07:06:05 )

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Kalin commented with a sigh. When Rene looked to her sharply, she motioned behind Chris, motioned to the doll that was standing there, her arms cross.

"So this is how you treat guests now, Jari?" The doll asked, her voice ... not as light and kind as would be expected considering the form she was. Instead she sounded... blunt and unimpressed.

"Back off." She added before looking to Kalin.

"Would you like me to take over dinner preparion, my lady?" She asked Kalin who shook her head.

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 07:28:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Rene was now stunned.

"Ah... I..." he stammered.

"Serenity!?" he exclaimed.

"Wait, he got to YOU, too!?" he asked her, before pausing.

"Wait, wait, wait." he then said.

"No, that doesn't make sense." he told himself.

"...does it?" he asked quietly, sounding confused now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 07:32:42 )

"I'm dead, and have more mana than he does." Serenity answered as she pulled herself up onto the table.

"No. He can't 'get me too', as you put it." She continued.

"So, as I said. Back off." There was annoyance to her voice.

'And before you ask, no. I'm not super enthused about him being here." She told him "But I realise that everyone deserves a second chance, especially when he never truly had a first chance."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 07:55:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I... ah... what?" Rene asked.

"Never had a FIRST chance?" he asked further.

"It's a long story." Chris replied. "One that's slowly coming out in my sessions with Dr. Fyrane." he added.

"...Lindsay?" Rene asked him.

"Of course." Chris replied with a nod.

"...." Rene was then silent, before sighing and shaking his head.

"All right, fine." he said. "I suppose I have no choice but to give you a chance." he told Chris.

"...but I'm warning you." he went on, stepping close and lightly grabbing the man's collar. "Step outta line just ONCE... and it'll be a bad time for you."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 08:00:47 )

Kalin just rolled her eyes.

"What you would do... is only half of what my sister would, I'm sure." She commented simply.

"Anyhow, sit down. Dinner is ready." She added.

"Chris, you too." She said. "And don't fight, for the love of anything you may believe in... don't fight."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 08:25:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris just shook his head.

"I... I have no intention of fighting." he said.

"Even if I did, I wouldn't win." he said further.

Rene just sighed.

"Right, dinner sounds good." he commented.

"Kalin, what's the long-term plan with Jenkins?" he then asked Kalin.

"Knowing you, you have plans for him."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 08:31:23 )

"Help him get his own life." Kalin answered simply.

"He's always been a puppet, so once he knows what he wants to do." She added as she started to dish out the food.

"I'm just giving him a proper chance to do so." She then said before sighing. She had no idea if this was going to go well, but at least she would try. If only just because she was of the (kind of bregrudging) mindset that everyone deserved a fair chance. Sure, Chris had done... a lot of bad in his life, but it was never his own choice, not fully.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 08:45:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Rene was silent, and then sighed.

"All right." he said.

"That's... that's fair enough." he muttered.

"I... I won't argue it. I can't." he went on.

He then looked at Serenity, and sighed once more.

"...you think he's turned a new leaf, eh?" he asked her.

"Well... knowing that she's willing to give him a chance, and knowing that you're fully willing to, means I will too." he assured Kalin.

"Just try and stay out of the way." he then told Chris.

"Right." Chris replied.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 08:48:14 )

Serenity sighed.

"It's less that he's 'turned over a new leaf', Jari." She stated

"It's more that he's finally been given a chance."

"And that's what I've been told by Lindsay, and Sharp, and what I've witnessed." Kalin agreed.

"Anyway! I have food. Sit down you two." She looked to the doll.

"Would you mind helping me bring the food over to the table?" She asked. Serenity nodded.

"Of course." was her answer before hopping off of the table and making her way over to where the dish was.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 09:05:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Finally given a chance?" Rene asked Chris.

"Most of my life, I was used because of my potent mana and abilities." Chris told him.

"As a kid, though?" Rene asked.

"Older sister." Chris said.

"She essentially used me for my mana, saying that it was a form of love." he told him.

".....ah....... wow." Rene then stammered.

"And your parents??" he then asked further.

"They never knew. Sis told me to keep it a secret, as it was a special form of sibling protection and love. And that they wouldn't understand." Chris explained.

"..." Rene was just silent, stunned by the information.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 09:13:01 )

"Yeah.... hard to hate someone so strongly when you know their past." Kalin commented.

"I can confirm his past, by the way, Rene." Serenity then said.

"Being who, and what I am, I have access to more information than pretty much anyone on the living plane has."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 09:22:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah... yeah, that's true." Rene admitted.

"Odds are she's seen it all." Chris commented.

"As I am slowly coming to realise... it wasn't pretty. At all." he muttered.

"Sure doesn't sound it..." Rene said quietly, before clearing his throat.

"All right, all right, I get it." he then told the females.

"He's still on strictly thin ice, though." he warned.

"I expected that as soon as Miss Kalin told me she was giving me a chance." Chris told him.

"...geez, it's like you're a completely different person." Rene muttered back.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 10:35:32 )

"He's who he would have been normally." Serenity commented with a soft tone.

"Meaning, he's getting his first proper chance at life." Kalin then said before shrugging as they got the food to the table.

"Which is why, while I ... am slighly begrudging for this, I am not completely against giving him a chance." She added as they all sat down for food. Well, barring Serenity of course. Dolls don't eat.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 22:51:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Rene just scratched the back of his head.

"Must feel weird for people to begrudgingly give you a chance." he told Chris.

"I'm just happy for a chance. Any chance." Chris replied.

"The people at the Unit, Miss Kalin... they're not using me for my mana, or anything." he said. "It's odd, but... instead of feeling useless, I feel... strangely okay with it." he admitted.

That was already a good sign, at least for Kalin and Serenity.

It showed that Lindsay was starting to break into who Chris was, and show him that being used was NOT love.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/3 01:08:01 )

"Well, that's a start." Kalin commented.

"Are you enjoying your appointments with Lindsay?" She then asked. "If he steps out of line, let me know and I'll get him back in line." she added with a light laugh.

"also, depending on what's said next month, I'll take you to help out, as I said I would." She paused a moment before shrugging. "I just wanted to give you a chance to kind of acclimate to being here instead of there."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/3 01:26:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris nodded.

"The appointments are very nice." he said.

"Very informative." he went on. "I'm learning a lot about myself... and the type of man Dr. Fyrane is." he went on.

"Also... seeing how everyone's lives are around here... I feel jealous." he said further.

"Jealous?" Rene asked.

"Well... maybe that's not the right word." Chris corrected himself. "I guess more... angry." he continued.

"At us and our lives?" Rene asked him.

"I thought that at first, but... I think it's more towards my sister... who started me down this path of being used all the time." Chris replied.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/3 01:43:22 )

". . . Your family is naturally purely human, right?" Kalin asked after a moment or two.

"I ask because I swear I've had a case regarding someone with a face similar to yours in the past." She then said. "One of the mock cases while I was in school, specifically."

"So... I'm wondering." As they spoke, Serenity set to work cleaning the kitchen.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/3 01:57:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Chris was silent, before nodding.

"Yeah." he replied.

"We're human." he told her.

"Well... I WAS... don't know if any of my siblings or parents are alive any longer." he added.

"And a face similar to mine?" he then asked her.

"That's... well, it might be, might not be." he continued.

"I'm not sure I want to ever encounter any of my family every again..." he then admitted quietly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.