Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Forging Ones Future

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 09:09:59 )

Kalin just let out a breath, not entirely sure what to make of that, b ut not going to ask too much, if anything, about it. She could see where he was coming from, and knew what he was saying. She couldn't argue it, either.

"I completely understand." Was all she said.

"Anyhow, if there isn't anything else, then I should probably consider taking off again. I stopped by on my Lunch." She admitted

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 09:27:13 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris nodded in response.

"Of course." he replied.

"You go and return to your life." he told her.

"I... should probably go and talk to Agent Sharp." he then said. "Tell him this is something I am interested in." he continued.

"Although... one question." he then said.

"How did you get your significant other to agree to this?" he asked.

"If my memory serves me right, he's a Lantha, and they are... well... they're not very forgiving of people that mess with their families, friends, bloodline, clans, etc." he said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 09:29:06 )

Kalin was silent for a moment before sighing.

"Simple. I left off details." She told him honestly.

"He... doesn't know it's you, not yet." She then said. "I'll... bribe him to give you a chance. I dunno. I'll figure that out later." She sighed before heading to the door again.

"Let Sharp know, and we'll get the ball rolling on this." She said with a soft smile.

"I'll see you later Chris." With that, she was gone.

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 22:20:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Before Chris could say anything, Kalin left.

"...." he was silent, before shaking his head, his mouth nearly agape.

"...right then." he said.

"Whether this succeeds admirably, or fails spectacularly, one thing's for certain... this is going to be interesting." he muttered to himself, before getting up and making is way out of the door.

'Guess I should see Agent Sharp now.' he thought.

'If this is going to take a month, might as well get the ball rolling...' he told himself, walking down the hallway.

"I hope this works." he mumbled.

"Miss Kalin seems to have such faith in me. Please... don't let me screw this up." he muttered further, almost in prayer.

Sure enough, a little over a month later, Chris was living in Canada, with Kalin, Rene and Serenity... although only two of them knew about it at that point. At the moment, they were all in the kitchen, preparing something special.

For Rene.

"...you sure this will work?" Chris asked Kalin.

"I know the way to a man's heart is through his stomach and all that, but... this is a pretty tall order for him to accept." he commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 02:30:53 )

Kalin sighed.

"Yeah... I ... hope it'll help." She admitted as she mixed the contents of the pan.

"But at the same time... Really, if he has issues he can get his own place." She stated after a moment.

"I own this place. It's mine, not his, so what I say goes."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 02:53:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Chris was silent upon hearing that.

"I... cannot argue that." he said.

"That IS correct." he muttered, before handing her a spice that she asked for.

"It DOES smell really good." he commented.

"LIke... wow. I've never really smelled anything as good as this." he said further.

"Thank you once again for letting me stay here." he then told her.

"I know that, in the long run, this is temporary as well, but still. Thank you so much."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 03:02:05 )

"Everyone needs some help sometimes." Kalin commented. "Just... don't prove to me that this was a dumb move." She paused a moment before adding what she had been handed to the mix.

"Because, really? As it stands, I think I like you, who you truly are. Obviously I have ... issues... with who you used to be while in the control of the elf." She added after a momen or two.

"Plus, LIndsay's word does actually bare a lot of weight." With that she paused as they both heard soft footsteps from above, coming toward the stairs.

"Ah, sounds like Serenity's finally up and about."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 03:40:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris was about to say something, when he heard the footsteps as well.

"Sounds like it." he said.

"..." he was silent, before sighing.

"It's... still strange." he said further.

"To know what Miss Syraene is in that doll." he clarified.

"It's just... such a change."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 03:46:16 )

"It may be, but it makes sense for me." Kalin commented.

"Plus, she helps out. A lot." She added with a light laugh before sighing lightly.

"All right, so Rene is going to be home soon." She then said before turning to face him.

"How do you think you want to do this? Do you have any preferences?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 04:08:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris shook his head.

"No." he said.

"I don't." he told her.

"You know him better than I do. You'd know more than I would." he reasoned.

"So I'll go along with what you feel is best." he said.

"Last thing we need is for this to go as bad as possible."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 04:13:45 )

"I'm... sure it'll be all right" Kalin commented before sighing.

"I really wish I knew more than that." She addewd with a light sigh. Mere moments before they heard a key slide into the lock.

"Shit..." She said quietly, looking to Chris.

"You, hide."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 04:54:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris just nodded.

Kalin looked back over towards the door for a moment, and then looked back at Chris.

Or, rather, where Chris was.

He was gone. Just gone. No sign of him ever being there remained.

Seemed like one thing he was good at was disappearing when the need arose.

"I'm home!" Rene called into the house as he opened the door and stepped inside.

"Hey now, something smells goooooood!" he then said, sniffing the air.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 04:57:45 )

"Damn. You're fast." Kalin muttered as the door opened. She just sighed.

"It does!" She agreed with a laugh.

"Makin' something I had to get the Fyrane's help for, too." She then said as he reached the kitchen.

"Specifically Ashley, as she's a wicked good swimmer, despite the dragon aspects." As she spoke, she continued mixing what she needed to.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 05:20:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Rene sniffed the air once more.

"Mmmm, jambalaya." he said.

He then sniffed again, and his eyes widened.

"Heeey, are their Razor Shrimp in there?" he asked.

"Is that what you had Ashley's help for?" he asked further.

"Because DAMN, that smells good!" he exclaimed with a smile... before he paused.

"...right what's the catch?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 05:22:17 )

Yep. It is." Kalin answered.

"She was heading into the area for a hunt anyway, I asked her to grab some for me while there." She added before sighing.

"And the catch? The catch is regarding our houseguest. Who arrived yesterday, by the way. You weren't home so you didn't really get a heads up on that front." She continued as she turned the burner off.

"But... you aren't going to like it. Your cousin will hate it even more, and Casey'll be out for blood."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 05:37:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Rene quirked an eyebrow when he heard that.

"Ahhhh... ha." he said.

"Sounds a lot like hyperbole." he commented.

"Like, seriously." he said further.

"I won't like them, Anna will hate it even more, and Casey will hate it even more than HER?" he asked.

"That sounds... almost impossible." he said further.

"Seriously. How bad can a houseguest BE?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 05:40:11 )

Kalin just sighed as Rene said what he did.

"How bad..?" She asked.

"Well..." She trailed off before lokoing behind him, to where Chris was barely visible. He had poked his head around the corner, and she saw him - barely - in the shadows. Mostly it was his white hair that stood out.

"It's because of who the guest is." She then said. "Keep in mind... that this is my house, and I do trust him." She cotninued as she motioned, subtly, for Chris to step forward, behind Rene, and in view. She was going to leave it in the courts of those two, one to speak or the other to turn. It was up to them how this went.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 06:01:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris gulped, and stepped out from the shadows.

"...h-hello." he said.

Rene froze when he heard the voice.

"......I'm going to turn around now." he told Kalin. "And when I do, who I'm thinking is there, better NOT be there." he said further.

With that, he turned around... and glared at Chris.

"...you..." he said, venom in his tone.

"How are you even-" he started to ask, before his eyes widened, and he looked at Kalin.

"No..." he whispered.

"Damn manipulation mana." he hissed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 06:02:38 )

"... knew you'd instantly jump to that." Kalin muttered as she leaned forward on the island that was between them.

"Look. No mana was used, at least not that in this scene." She then said.

"He's got Sharp and Lindsay's trust." She then added before pausing to give him a chance to say anything. Actually to give both a chance to say something.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 06:29:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Rene whirled back around to Chris.

"I swear... I didn't use my mana to do this." he told Rene.

"...not that my word means anything..." he mumbled.

"You're right. It doesn't." Rene agreed.

"Damn it, damn it, damn it." he then cursed to himself. "I thought we had seen the end of this when Vanessa died." he growled, before looking at Kalin again.

"Kalin... if you're in there, and can hear me, don't worry." he said to her.

"I'll save you. I'll make this right." he vowed, turning and narrowing his eyes at Chris again.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.