Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Forging Ones Future

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/30 23:54:22 )

"It's all right... and really I said the most pure. I know that ... Jenkins... kind of counts, and Kelly is part, but I'm more." Ashley commented.

"But it's just... it's kind of jarring." She added.

"I'm... gonna go for a flight." She then said, getting to her feet.

"I'l... see you in a bit. I just need to try and properly wrap my head around this."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 00:16:42 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash just nodded.

"Sure." he replied.

"Just be careful if you go south." he told her.

"I think there's a bit of a tropical storm brewing close to the equator." he continued.

"I know you flying that far is rare, but I also know you can lose track of things and end up pretty far from home." he added with a small laugh.

"Want something waiting for you when you get back?" he asked.

"Name it, I'll make it." he told her.

"Even corndogs." he added with a small grumble to his tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 00:19:34 )

"I'll... keep that in mind." Ashley said.

"As for anything... I'm not sure. I'll let you know when I'm on my way back, and we'll go from there." She then said before sighing lightly.

"This... is just one hell of a information drop, that's all." She approached him, leaned close and gave him a kiss.

"I love you, and I'll see you later."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 00:49:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah, love you too." Ash replied, returning the kiss.

"Talk to you when you get back." he said.

"I might have some more answers regarding Jenkins' presence here by the time you get back." he added.

- - - -

Rene sighed as he sat down in his chair behind his desk in his office at the hospital.

"Whew." he exhaled.

"Finally, a break." he said, grabbing a bottle of water and taking a drink.

"Just 5 minutes before I need to do some paperwork." he mumbled, shaking his head.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 00:54:43 )

"Been a bit overworked today?" She asked from where she was sitting, on the loveseat that he had against the wall.

"That's never fun, but I can relate. Anyway, I have a question for you." She added before getting to her feet and carrying something over to him.

"Also, here's some lunch - since knowing you, you didn't eat."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 01:07:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Rene jumped slightly when the woman spoke.

"Ah! Kalin!" he exclaimed.

"....guess this shows how distracted I am." he muttered, shaking his head.

"When did you get here?" he asked as she carried something to him.

"...and lunch?" he then asked with a smirk.

"Smells gooood." he said, sniffing the air around what she'd brought.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 01:10:11 )

"It really does." Kalin agreed with a light sigh.

"And I've been here for about an hour, waiting for you to return. Admittedly... I was told about ten minutes was the expected wait." She muttered the last bit under her breath, but she knew he'd likely hear it anyway.

"And it's some of the curry from the shop down the street that you adore. Figured that since you've been rather stressed for a bit, that I'd bring you something to pick you up." She told him with a smile before sighing.

"And I wanted to ask you if you had a problem with some company for awhile."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 01:29:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Rene just sighed deeply.

"Things are hectic here." he said, before pausing, and looking at the clock.

"...and I still need to take lunch." he commented.

"Guess this is quite fortuitous." he said further, exhaling slightly.

"Been a while since I had that curry. You always know just how to pick a guy's mood up." he laughed.

"And... company?" he asked. "What do you mean, company? Like... a house guest?" he asked. "If so, you know my stance on them. We've had then before. It's been fine."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 01:38:03 )

"Yeah, a house guest." Kalin confirmed with a nod.

"And while I know the house is technically mine, you, Serenity, and Adrienne live there." She continued. "Therefore you all get a say." She paused though before sighing.

"And ... hectic... are yoi going to miss Adrienne's farewell dinner tomorrow before she leaves for Egypt? Or can you still get that time off?" He could tell there was nothing more than sheer curiosity to her voice with that. She just wanted to know. If need be, they would come there to see him for a short bit instead of having him break away from the hospital.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 02:01:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh, no." Rene responded.

"No way am I missing THAT." he told her.

"I booked tomorrow off specifically for that, and NOTHING is keeping me from it." he assured her further.

"Our little girl is going away by herself. How can I NOT be there to wish her luck?" he then asked rhetorically with a chuckle.

"Even though she WILL have Leo and Nakia there to help her and such." he added, shaking his head again.

"Regardless, I will be at the dinner, and a house guest is fine." he shrugged.

"Again, we've done it before." he reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 02:06:07 )

"True." Kalin agreed with a light chuckle.

"He'll be arriving next week then, if all goes well." She added after a few seconds before sighing.

"Now, I would love to hang out and eat with you, but I didn't grab enough for that, and I need to take off." She then said. "I have some things to tend to."

"I'll see you when you get home. If you're staying here overnight, just let me know."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 02:23:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I doubt it." Rene replied.

"I'm getting a lot done. So I should be finished at a reasonable hour." he told her.

He then smiled and leaned in close to her, giving her a kiss.

"Love ya, babe." he said.

"I'll see you and Adrienne when I get home." he told her further.

"Thanks again for the food." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 02:31:34 )

Kalin returned the kiss with a soft smile.

"Love you too." She said before waving and heading off, not entirely sure what it was that she was going to do regarding him knowing that he would not be interested in who she was planning to bring home.

She didn't want to deal with those questions, either. Sadly, she knew she had to.

---

She walked into Sharps office after being let in.

"Hey. I was wondering if you have a couple minutes. I have.... An offer regarding Jenkins."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 02:50:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Welcome again, Miss Calder." Hal greeted Kalin.

"Please have a seat." he offered, to which she accepted.

"An offer you say. Regarding Jenkins." he then went on.

"Interesting." he said.

"Proceed." he urged her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 02:55:03 )

Kalin took the proffered seat and sighed lightly.

"Lindsay's saying he's doing well, but I'll be touching base with him after this properly, depending on what you say." She started.

"Do... You want him to stay here forever? Or possibly have him move out?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 03:28:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal shook his head.

"The lodgings we offer can be long-term, yes, but they are never intended to be permanent." he told her.

"They're intended to be a sort of halfway point. A step towards getting one's own place and integrating into society." he continued.

"So him moving out is optimal." he said.

"Why?" he asked.

"Oh, and it's good that he's doing well with his appointments." he then added.

"I'm glad progress is being made."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 03:38:47 )

Kalin sighed lightly before nodding.

"So am I. I hate him, I have an inherent hate for him, but that does not mean that he doesn't deserve a chance st life, a proper chance." She commented after a moment or two.

"And... I suspected as much about the living situations." She continued.

"If you will help me with the necessities, I would like to offer him a room in my home. He'll have a hard time finding somewhere on his own due to his appearance."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 03:54:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal raised an eyebrow when Kalin made her suggestion.

"Admittedly, you offering him a place to stay surprises me." he said.

"After all he's done to your family and yourself, one would think you'd be among those that wouldn't even lift a finger to try and help him in any way." he told her.

"That being said, if you are truly willing to put him up, then I won't object or stand in your way." he then said.

"I'll help in any way I can." he then informed her.

"What do you need?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 04:01:02 )

Kalin paused a moment before smiling softly.

"Thank you. And primarily... immigration papers." She told him .

"I live in Canada. He'd need to be able to cross the border without issue - or at least have a paper trail with a mana transport. I do think flying or driving may be best, though." She added.

"That's the main thing. I have a room he can use, furniture, etc. I can certainly afford it, but I know how hellish immigration is, and I'd rather not have him stopped at th eborder and have to deal with that headache. We both know he'd likely be in trouble strictly because he doesn't look 'right'."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 04:20:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hmmmmmmm." Hal muttered.

"Indeed." he said.

"Normally R&D would have made something for him to camouflage his... well, his looks... but his DNA and mana are... strange. Nothing seems to have worked properly." he admitted.

"So yes, I can understand your worries." he told her.

"Don't you worry, he has proper I.D. already, and I can make sure the proper paperwork is done up for immigration from here to Canada." he went on.

"Give me... a month, at most." he said.

"I should have everything ready to go."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.