Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 22:36:11 )

@Totalanimefan: Halfway through? I hope you get through the remaining months easily :O winter sucks all around :/
The weather here has been great, actually. We just got rid of a rain storm but other than that our temperatures are going up again. It is forecast to be pretty cold for a few days this weekend, but after that the temperatures are going up again.

Iced tea and lemonade it is! Lemonade is a great substitute. I mean both types of lemonade btw.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 22:41:29 )

@sunny: Things here start to bloom at the end of March. So I have just under two months left. I normally feel like winter is over March 1st even if it's doesn't feel like it in real life.
That sounds nice. It snowed here for three days and I couldn't believe it. It felt never ending XD. I like snow, but I didn't like having to get around in it.
There is a low chance of snow next week, it will probably end up just being rain though.

Iced tea and cloudy lemonade is really good together. Have you ever had them mixed?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 22:44:17 )

@Totalanimefan: oh wow, three days of snow?? Sounds horrid tbh. Snow is alright in small doses but not three days. I would not like that at all. Did it cause traffic problems?

I have not tried them together! I should do that! Is it nice? It sounds like it would be nice.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 22:52:58 )

@sunny: Yeah that's what I thought. I liked it on the first day and by the third day I was like why?!
It did cause traffic problems, but luckily not as many people are on the road during the pandemic.

It's sooo good. I always order iced tea and cloudy lemonade together if I can. You find it here at southern or BBQ restaurants. Both unsweetened iced tea and sweetened iced tea work. Just depends on how sweet you want the drink. Here it's called an Arnold Palmer. He was a famous golfer that would always have that drink on the field so they named it after him.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 22:55:11 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh that's good at least. I mean, in terms of the snow. I'm glad people are staying indoors and taking it seriously.

I never heard that before! I will definitely make sure to try it, but it sounds like a summer drink. I will be able to sit in my new garden and enjoy it :) Does it matter what brand of Ice Tea? What ratio of ice tea to lemonade is it?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 22:58:24 )

@sunny: Not everywhere is taking Corona seriously in the US, but around here it's pretty good.
I don't think that brand matters. It's half and half. So just so half iced black tea and half cloudy lemonade. In recent years I've seen trendy places do iced green tea and lemonade together. It's pretty good but I found it to be too sweet, but that was just how the restaurant did it.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 23:00:44 )

@Totalanimefan: people are not taking it seriously here either :( my mum had her vaccine yesterday though, the first dose.

Hmmm i don't usually like green tea. I am excited to try this combo now, we just need the warm weather!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 23:04:10 )

@sunny: I do get that people are tired of the virus. I'm tired of it too, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to act like it's over. Ugh.
Good to hear about your mom!! When is she getting part II? Do you know when you are getting the first dose?

I like green tea for sure. I just don't like when people make it wrong and it tastes really bitter. Not for me.
Yes we just need warm weather now. It's not a cold weather drink XD

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 23:10:16 )

@Totalanimefan: No she doesn't have a date for the second dose yet, she has to wait for a text from the NHS. It should be about two months or so. Idk when I am having the vaccine either, maybe later in the Spring? I have no idea tbh I haven't heard anything about it. I am still isolating at home for now. I am only going out for groceries etc.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 23:26:46 )

@sunny: I feel like two months later is really long of a wait. Good that she was able to get the first shot at least.
I don't know when I'm having the vaccine either. Maybe summer for me? Or maybe even later? They aren't even talking about when 'young normal' people can get it.
I'm staying at home a lot too. I'm using basketball to help keep me occupied. Every other night my favorite team (my home team when I lived in FL) plays a game at night. So every other night I have a way to spend my time lol.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 23:44:51 )

@Totalanimefan: Hey there total. Yeh I have somehow dissapeared from here again.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 23:50:47 )

@vengeance: Yes and that's bad we miss you <3 Plus you are a mod lol
How have you been?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 00:00:06 )

@Totalanimefan: I am just watching you all from behind XD

I have been doing good. I am currently working. Only 20 hours a week tho.

How have you been?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 00:05:03 )

@vengeance: Always watching lol
Is it still 5 days a week?

I'm good. I've done a lot since we last chatted. I bought a house and we moved it. It's been a lot of work packing, moving day and now unpacking. Ugh. We have a home office now since my husband works from home (and I do sometimes too when I am working). So it's just a lot.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 00:06:06 )

I gave myself the day off of unpacking. I'm going to work on it more tonight after dinner.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 00:10:12 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeh still 5 days a week. They expect around 15-20cm show sunday and monday. If that's the case I cannot get to work monday.

Yeh don't unpack everything single day. Take a rest now and then.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 00:31:17 )

@vengeance: Wow that's a lot. We just got there where I am. I snowed from Sunday to Tuesday. 3 days straight of snow.
Can you work from home?

Thanks for the advice. Everything just seems so overwhelming with the move.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 16:07:06 )

@Totalanimefan: is your basketball team winning? I know absolutely nothing about basketball lol.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 16:41:42 )

@sunny: Well last season they made it all the way to the finals! And then lost, but we did have some injuries during the finals.
This season we are not looking so good. Some of our star players got Corona from another team, but the organization made them still play because they had 'enough people' but just barely. They some of those guys got injured because they were playing so much because there was no one to switch them out with. So it's really not looking good for us. We have 5 more losses than we have wins. (7-13)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 16:41:53 )

How are you doing today?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.