Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 22:29:42 )

@sunny: It snowed here yesterday but it's gone now. Today is close to freezing out but at least it was sunny. So I'm happy with that. The rest of the week I think is going to be crappy weather.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 22:30:36 )

@Totalanimefan: aw that's no fun. Will it snow more there? Yay for sunshine, I haven't seen the sun in TOO long lmao.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 22:32:51 )

@sunny: yeah British winters are actually known for their sun lol
It will probably snow more this week because we are getting three storms just this week 😱but it could just be rainy instead. After today I won’t get to see the sunshine for like a week?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 22:34:01 )

@Totalanimefan: Three storms? That's a lot :/ too many. Send one back lol. I hope you get through them okay.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 22:39:35 )

@sunny: Yeah I just looked. Tomorrow is a 30% chance of rain, and the rest of the days until next Monday is 40-60% chance of snow each day. 0-0
It's times like these that I miss living in Florida. The winter in Florida is warm (not hot) and it rarely rains and there is a light breeze. The raining season is in the summer, but it's not grey all the time. In the summer it's big afternoon storms where the sky turns black and it rains all at once and then is gone.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 22:41:05 )

Gosh just talking about it made me miss it even more lol. My husband and I haven't been since Oct 2018. We couldn't afford to go in 2019 since we traveled to England instead for a wedding and a birth. In April 2020 we were planning on going, but you know how that went.
And I'm most deff not going there again until Post-Corona. That state is like the Wild West when dealing with it.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 23:06:58 )

@Totalanimefan: It sounds like you really miss it. The warm weather alone is a good reason to miss it, and you have family there right?

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 23:15:20 )

@sunny: I have some family there. My dad's side of the family + my dad. My mom is with her side of the family now in Pennsylvania, which makes her about a 3 hour drive away from me. And my sister lives in CA, which is the state I used to live in but CA is huge. So it was an 8 hour drive to hers if I went to see her.
Her BF is thinking about moving to the East coast and she might come with. Which would be nice. DC is a city on his list, so maybe my sister would move here in the future? That's a nice though. She's never lived anywhere cold though. Just FL and San Diego, CA which is right on the border with Mexico.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 23:19:33 )

And the thing is, even if I miss the weather, and some of my family that's there I don't think I would move back. I mean, I could have in 2020 but my husband and I chose DC. The economy in FL is awful, it's just tourist jobs and retail. It's very hard to not have a job like that unless you are in healthcare or a teacher or something.
Another reason is climate change. Soon the rising sea waters are going to take my home. :(
And the way the state is run is not really in alinement with my beliefs. I like that the state is 50/50 split between the two parties, but the politicians that run are just in it for themselves. They don't do anything to help the people of the state. At least in Texas they use things like tax breaks to lure businesses to come to their state for the jobs. Florida doesn't do anything like that.

EDIT: I'm also not that close with my Dad anymore, and FL is also very car dependent. One of the worse in the US.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 02:50:03 )
@totalanimefan: Hey yeah, I've been pretty out of the loop lately. I check the forums at least once a day and try to pop in here and there but I've just been SO TIRED lately. (∪。∪)。。。zzZ Got some stuff going on in my life that's draining me, but who doesn't these days amirite?

I'm glad you're settling in to your new home.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 03:01:13 )

Questing: Ruby | Corrupted Icho | Falling Star | Untamed | Doggo of Death

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Totalanimefan:

@star2000shadow: Yeah I can't go to the library right now. I meant like before 2020.
My day is going. I have to make lunch soon.

yeah before 2020 i would walk there pick up some books, then walk home 'nods' <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 03:03:55 )

@Priestess of Pie: sometimes in Dec and Jan I was too tired to come on Voltra much too.
Yeah everyone is just so tired and has nothing left in the tank. :(
Thanks. I’m glad I am too. There is still some unpacking and I don’t want to do it lol

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 03:05:03 )

@star2000shadow: I loved going to the library before corona. :(

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 03:21:11 )
@totalanimefan: no one likes unpacking >.< It's so tedious. I get tired just thinking about it.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 03:40:41 )

@Priestess of Pie: then allow me to change the subject. You said you have been busy, have you had time to do any art lately?
Oh and did you see that I repainted my bedrooms in the new house. One of the rooms is green.

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 04:18:08 )
I went to the library the other day. I order my books online and pick them up when they're ready.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 04:21:05 )

@Lilykin: omg that’s awesome! What state are you in again?

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 04:24:33 )
@Totalanimefan: Oklahoma. They've not handled the pandemic well at all. But the eastern Oklahoma library system is great.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 04:31:17 )

@Lilykin: yeah I drove through that state over the summer and I don’t know if anyone was wearing a mask at the rest stops I went to. ^^;
Good to know you can still get things from the library.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 04:34:56 )
@Totalanimefan: Our governor is, how to put this delicately, a dumbass. Like, days before statewide lockdown he was tweeting about going out to bars. :|
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.