Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/24 15:02:39 )

@Wildfire: A character I created on one of those adorable dressing game apps
If your curious I posted the finish line art version on my Art Dump Thread :3
I'm pretty happy how it turned out.

Awe one of those groggy mornings I see. I had less than eight hours of sleep last night but for some reason I don't feel tired yet.
But then again I finished drinking my coffee so...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/24 15:11:43 )
@Purpsy: I slept reasonably well last night, actually, but woke up with puffy eyes and just a kind of "meh" energy level, despite having had coffee and decent quantity of sleep. We'll see what happens as the day goes on, I guess. :3 Sleep and energy levels are so weird. I hope you have a good day today, despite your limited sleep last night (sometimes, I think we sleep too much and it has a counterproductive effect). I'll go check out your thread - I'm curious! :3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/24 15:18:55 )

@Wildfire: Ah that's true. Sometimes too much sleep does the opposite effect for me but I mostly get headaches.
It feel like I have that good type of "meh" energy today and hopefully it stays that way but I do hope you have great day too ^^

Go right ahead~
I do want to post more wip digital artworks but is kind of annoying that this laptop doesn't have a screenshot option sigh :/

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/24 15:22:43 )
@Purpsy: Oh - that's good! I know that type of "meh" energy and it can be really productive! I hope you make the most of it. I'll get headaches too if I sleep an extra long time, so you're not alone in that.

I keep getting distracted from visiting your thread... o_0

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/24 15:27:58 )

@Wildfire: Lmao xD
Visit anytime lol

I'll try but honestly when I'm in this kind of mood I get easily distracted as well uwu

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/24 15:30:30 )

Well I'm going to get started drawing at least I'll afk for awhile
Btw I keep forgetting to tell you that I love your avi Wild =w='

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/24 15:30:42 )
@Purpsy: Yes, sometimes that happens, but when that "awake meh" energy hits, it can also make for some easy-going and very productive things too. I'll often find myself sorting through stuff and organizing things, or just steadily making progress on a project when I'm in that mood. Or drawing/painting/being creative :3

I did take a look at your last post and the linework - it's a cute character! I do like how it's turning out! :3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/24 15:31:46 )
@Purpsy: Oh thank you! <3 Your avatar is really cute too! :3
And good luck with your drawing and your day! I really should go start mine (officially) too... :3 ttyl.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/24 15:42:02 )
Good Morning.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/24 15:44:43 )
@Koah: Good morning Koah! How are you doing today?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/24 15:47:02 )
@Wildfire: I'm doing alright. I felt sick yesterday, so I'm seeing if that carried over.
My birthday was over the weekend, so I kept comfortably busy.
How are you?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/24 15:54:08 )
@Koah: Oh happy birthday! <3 I hope you had a good day - it sounds like you're content with it! :3
I'm sorry to hear you weren't feeling well yesterday. Hopefully it is over and done with :3
I'm doing ok, thanks. I'm less stressed this week than I have been the previous couple (several) weeks.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/24 16:09:33 )
@Wildfire: I like how we're synced up on stress levels. lol.
I finally chilled out over the weekend. Got my head back into a good/decent zone.
I found out our local quilt shop has crafting and drinking nights. So I went to that a couple of days ago. That was fun.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/24 17:25:02 )

Well I'm back!
And that took 2 hours!? Yikes xwx
I might work at it again later today...

@Wildfire: Yep! Usually I got more creative in my part. Is so hard to motivate myself to clean lol, usually I unconsciously find something else to do.
Have fun drawing~

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/24 17:53:17 )
@Wildfire: Ooo, how is Discovery and Picard? I haven't watched anything Star Trek since DS9.

And thank you very much!

[Quests][Store]

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/24 18:02:09 )
@Koah: right? At least we can console each other as the stress levels fluctuate! LOL! XD
Oh the quilting and drinking nights sound like fun - might make for some interesting quilts, though! XD Do you quilt?

@Purpsy: I'm glad you got some work done on your piece :3 I'm eating lunch now (hot pot with turkey bone broth + chicken + water chestnuts + edamame + carrot + rice noodles, and a salad) but I'm planning to go sketch once I'm done eating.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/24 18:08:12 )
@Kira: They are both better than DS9 (although that doesn't take much-lol!). Both show a bit more of the non-Starfleet side of life in the Star Trek Universe... more off-duty type relationships, histories, etc. (especially Picard), and both are filmed well, if with a few more lens flares than necessary. Picard is a real story, and it's interesting. Discovery is harder to follow due to the "all over the map" storyline and huge leaps of logic/faith/whatever that they expect you to make all the time, but if you're a ST fan, it's probably worth watching, but it's a bit weird, especially given the time-line that they chose (just before Kirk captained the Enterprise)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/24 18:08:39 )
@Wildfire: I have made a couple of quilts, but stopped about 7 years ago. :d
I do enjoy crafting in general. Whether it's sewing, drawing, or carving. You name it, I've probably tried it at some point.

I'm thinking I probably got sick from my influx in stress and de-stress. I realize I need to clean my room too. My sleep quality feels off and it's probably from dog hair or dust. :O
I totally appreciate that I have a safe place to vent and console with someone. <3 So thank you for being on Voltra and hangin' out with me here.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/24 18:11:13 )
-flails- Star Trek talk! <333 YES!
I haven't begun Picard yet, I've seen mixed reviews and I don't have the right streaming app to see it.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/24 18:22:22 )
@Koah: Oh, believe me - I appreciate you being here too. It is so hard to connect with iRL friends these days... everything is just so complicated somehow, so thank you for being here and being a kindred spirit (although both of us could use less stress, it seems!) <3

That's so funny - I've been looking at my room the last couple of days thinking it needs a good cleaning and reorganizing too!

I understand about the art and the crafts... it's the same for me, although I've gotten out of the habit over the years simply because my kids (and fully homeschooling them) had to take precedence *sigh*

Yes, we got the week-long trial of CBS for the Superbowl (which we didn't end up watching more than the first quarter of) and decided to extend it for a month. We'll cancel it in a couple of weeks, but in the meantime, it's fun being able to see these shows :3

Picard is a little weird because he basically goes rogue... which is not really something you'd expect from Captain Picard... but beyond that, it's a pretty good story. I'd say it's worth watching at least. :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.