Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Emotional Manipulation

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 05:41:20 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel couldn't linger, he needed to get back to Aedan. And he kept an eye on Erica the entire time he was there. Nothing. She didn't even look over towards him. Didn't acknowledge him at all.

Which dug the metaphorical knife deeper.

So, once he got his order, he slowly left, giving her one last look before leaving the café, his previously energetic gait now sluggish and slower. He walked and walked, and only when he was out of sight, did another figure emerge from where they were hiding. They made their way to the establishment as well, locating Erica, and sitting down directly across from her.

"Did you say anything to him?" he asked her harshly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 05:45:55 )

Erica was silent for a few seconds before sighing.

'No." She told him honestly.

"Nothing of note, anyhow." She added.

"Why this meeting, and why in public?" She asked

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 06:12:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Good." he replied.

"And we're meeting HERE because of whatever pesky archangel is nosing about your place." he told her.

"I can't risk being caught by one of them." he growled.

"That's why in public, anyway." he commented.

"The meeting itself... is about my proposition." he said further.

"Feel like joining my little crusade?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 06:16:25 )

Erica just sighed.

"No." She stated simply.

"As I tell you over the phone every time. No. I am not interested."

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 06:36:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He looked unimpressed to hear that.

"I see." he said.

"Hmph." he muttered.

'Looks like I need more time.' he thought.

"A shame." he told her.

He then got up and started to walk past her, gently patting her on her shoulder... her bad shoulder. And she could feel it starting to spike.

"Well, talk to you later." he finished, before quickly leaving... and leaving her with the desire to get out of there before things got bad.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 06:44:23 )

SHIT! Erica thought before trying to get to her feet to clear out. She found she couldn't though, that there was something keep her there.

"I... I can't.." She started before shaking her head, feeling her arm, her curse, pulse.

I can't stop it... She thought, hesitation to it as she gave up fighting.

No point anyway... this is going to come and consume me, anyway. Might as well... just... let it. Almost instantly there was a pulse from her that everyone could feel, even if they couldn't identify it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 07:05:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After the pulse, there was silence for a moment.

And then the customer at the counter started to get angry. VERY angry. And the cashier was getting irate back at them. This started a chain reaction of people getting angry at each other, uncontrollably crying in sadness, people hiding and showing sheer abject terror and cowardice...

...and then a punch was thrown. As well as a chair. And then people were starting to get into fights.

Zeke just happened to be walking across the street at the time, and saw what was happening, before rushing towards the establishment. He got to the window, and felt Erica's curse... seeing the woman sitting there among the chaos.

"Erica!" he tried to call to her over the noises.

"Erica, get out of there!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 07:17:09 )

Erica was silent for a few seconds before the fact that she heard him registered. She looked over to Zeke, something akin to shock on her face, before getting to her feet - somehow. She carefully made her way through the brawl that was occurring, but did end up getting a couple of good swift hits, ending up with her shoulder dislocated, and a rather nasty slice below her collarbone that was about four inches long.

It was a task, but she got out of there. As she did so, Zeke noticed that he could feel her curse, the effect of it. It was revealed a bit, after all, as there was a slice on it, of course.

"I... I can't call it back." She said, her voice not quite as it normally would have been at this point. She was definitely more devoid of emotion than normal.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 07:40:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Crap!" Zeke exclaimed, holding back his emotions as best he could.

He then grabbed her and lifted her into his arms, before racing off behind the building, and then teleporting directly into her home.

'DAD! UNCLE GABRIEL! SOMEONE!' he mentally yelled through his 'celestial connection'. 'Erica's hurt! And her curse is acting up!' he said.

About 5 seconds later, there was an immense mana presence beside him, and Gabriel stood there.

"Back off." he ordered Zeke, causing the nephilim to do so immediately.

"...not as bad as it's been." Gabriel commented, noting her actual injuries, before gently putting his hand on her shoulder to quell the curse.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 07:47:55 )

Erica was silent as Gabe did what he did. She didn't say anything, didn't know what it was that she could say. Her brain wasn't processing it, at all, for the moment.

"I..." She started before realising who was there, the fact that it was Gabe.

"Thanks... and ... and sorry." She said after a moment or two, before sighing heavily.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 08:07:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Don't be sorry." Gabe told her, before snapping his fingers at Zeke.

"You. Call that medic of yours and tell her to come here to help this one." he told him.

Zeke was silent, before nodding and calling Angela.

"...Angela, Erica's hurt and needs medical attention. Can you get here ASAP?" he asked her when she answered.

"I can teleport you if need be." he added, before recounting the injuries that Erica ha sustained.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 08:15:28 )

"Yeah, that'd be appreciated." Angela commented.

"I'll be ready in five, as I need to make sure I have everything needed to tend to the injuries" She added.

Meanwhile, Erica was just sitting where she was, not meeting anyone sgaze. It seemed she had something or other on her mind. When Gabe brought a hand down and lightly grasped her hand, she did respond in kind, but didn't do much else.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 08:38:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'll be there to grab you." Zeke replied, before they ended the conversation, and he looked at Gabriel and Erica.

He didn't say anything, before disappearing from where he was, as Gabriel held Erica's hand.

As he did so, he felt himself feeling QUITE worried about her.

Surely this wasn't the curse, was it? Had it finally gotten to her? Was she really at the point where she was starting to give up.

"I'm here." he said.

"You'll be all right." he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 08:41:28 )

Erica was silent, biting her lip.

"I don't know anymore.." She admitted quietly.

"I just... how can I. how can anyone. I'm older than pretty much any others with this damned curse... " She sighed, heavily.

"I just don't know why I bother." She didn't sound depressed... if anything, she sounded like she'd just made a realisation.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 09:02:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabe let go of her hand... and the next thing she knew, he was gently massaging her shoulders. And, to hit the nail on the head... it felt heavenly.

"Because you have people that care." he told her.

"Because you CAN fight this. You're strong. And you're not alone." he said further.

"You have Ezekiel... you have Azazel... you have your boss..." he went on.

"You have ME, now." he told her.

"-I- care."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 09:04:36 )

Erica didn't even wince as Gabe did what he did with her shoulders, despite the slice up at her collarbone.

"... I know... I know.." She said wit a heavy sigh.

"I feel like I'm breaking at the seams though, and I don't know why. I was fine, and now, suddenly..." she trailed off before pausing.

"... Basically ever since I met you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 09:24:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabe paused when she said what she did... especially at the end.

"I'm sorry?" he asked.

"What... what do you mean by that?" he asked her.

To him, it almost sounded like she was correlating her sudden getting worse with... him. His presence.

But that couldn't be it, right?

"I assure you I am NOT even capable of causing your curse to flare up as it has been."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 12:08:41 )

Erica didn't say anything for a few seconds before sighing, heavily.

"That... that's just it." she started.

"I don't know. You can say that all you like, but... but there's no way to verify that." She continued.

"I just.... I have no idea, and while I don't want to believe it's you, I can't deny the possibility."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 22:33:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabe removed his hands when she said all that.

"I see." he responded.

"Well, then." he sighed, before slowly rising to his feet.

"Would you like me to leave right now?" he asked her.

"I can do that right now, and if you so wish it, you will never see me again." he told her further.

And in the back of his mind, there was a slim, nagging doubt. Could she be right...?

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 22:36:00 )

Erica was silent, biting her lip.

"I ... I don't know... I can't..." She started, sighing heavily before meeting his gaze.

"You're probably the only one keeping me actually sane. Kicking you out would be a dumb idea. I'd crumble faster, even if you are the cause."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.