Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Emotional Manipulation

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 22:53:33 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Gabe was silent as she said that.

It was, quite frankly, the most roundabout response he could have been given. He really did not know how to properly take it, so he defaulted to aloof ambiguity. He figured that was safe right now.

"Fair." was all he replied with.

At that point, off to the side, Zeke and Angela returned, having used Zeke's mana, and Gabe sighed.

"Well, let the medic tend to your wounds." he told Erica.

"Don't need you developing complications."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 23:00:18 )

Erica was silent for a moment before nodding as Angela made her way over, her intention to check the auburn lady over. As she got within the room though, she froze.

".... Right. so any chance one of you two can help quell that?" She asked, some venom to her voice.

"Because I am not going to go anywhere near her, or have anyone else go near her, to tend to anything around her curse. I can fucking feel it." She added as Erica paused.

"... oh... right..." She said with a light sigh before just shaking her head.

"Angela, give me what is needed, I'll stitch it myself." She added as she reached out toward the medic. Angela just crossed her arms.

"Tch, and have you give yourself a fucking infection due to incompetency? I'm not going to have that on my head."

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 23:21:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke looked shocked and worried about what had just transpired. He didn't even think of the effects of the curse on Angela. He was about to try and suggest something, before he noticed Gabriel looking... irritated.

Almost angry.

"...oh boy..." he mumbled.

"ENOUGH." Gabriel said in a booming voice, stamping his foot down and causing a visible golden translucent semi-circular bubble of mana to come out from him, spreading out and engulfing the kitchen.

"It's a neutralising field." he said.

"Now..." he said to Angela. "I believe you have a patient to tend to... yes?" he asked her, and Zeke could tell he was holding back the ire and impatience.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 23:26:00 )

Angela paused a moment before shaking her head.

"Igh, that's never fun." She muttered before making her way over to Erica.

"Don't be stubborn, or it'll be your lips too." She warned before getting to work on the slice that Erica had sustained. The auburn lady did as she was told, and just stayed silent, letting the medic do what was needed.

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 23:53:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabe just crossed his arms over his chest, and waited for Angela to do what she needed to do.

She did, and it wasn't very long before Erica's wounds were tended to, dressed, cleaned, everything.

"And done." she said.

"Good, good." Gabe replied.

"Thank you." Zeke told her.

"Want me to take you back to the Unit now?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 23:54:39 )

Angela nodded as she looked over to Zeke.

"Please." She answered before looking to Gabe.

"and thank you for the field. Made that," she motionined to what she'd tended to, "actually doable. And Erica? Take care of yourself, hey?"

"Yeah... yeah sure." was all Erica said, which net a sigh from Angela.

"Right... Anyway, Zeke, let's go." the medic said as she made her way over to the nephilim

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 00:15:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke looked over towards Gabriel, and looked like he was about to say something... but didn't. Instead, he grabbed hold of Angela's hand, and they both disappeared from where they were.

Once they did that, Gabe dispelled the field.

"Ugh." he sighed.

"Well, at least that's done." he said.

"What happened?" he asked her.

"During the flare up, and such." he then clarified. "How were you injured?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 00:21:11 )

Erica went to say something, before pausing.

"I ..." She started before shaking her head.

"I don't know." She added after a second or two.

"I just... I don't know. The past... while... has been a blur."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 00:43:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabe wasn't going to lie, this trend of her not remembering things and being a blur was concerning him.

This couldn't be the work of the curse... could it? She HAD lived longer than anyone else in the past with it... was this part of its progression? Was this something that would have happened to the others?

He didn't know. And he hated that.

"I see..." he said.

"That's unfortunate." he commented.

"At least you seem to be all right now." he told her, looking her over.

"...Miss Edwards is quite the doctor." he admitted at the end.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 01:39:34 )

"Yeah... yeah she is." Erica agreed with a nod. There was something to how she spoke though. Originally, she seemed to have a lot more energy and life to her, even if she was worried. She didn't sound so... flat.

Now though, it was as if she was being stripped down to nothing more than a hollow shell.

Yes, that was something that would happen over time with the curse, the question would be if it would happen like this, though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 02:19:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, Gabe was silent.

He wasn't sure if this was supposed to be happening. Was it? Was THIS the fate of all those with the curse?

If so... he didn't like it. Not one bit.

"Anyway..." he then said.

"How are you feeling?" he asked her.

"Feel like you need to rest or anything?" he asked further. "Because odds are you'll need to take it easy for the next little while." he reasoned, gesturing to her fresh stitches.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 02:43:53 )

Erica was silent before sighing.

"Yeah... I should." Was all she said.

---

Erica was silent was she walked through the mall, watching the crowd around her, with absolutely no cae. She made her way to the fountain in the middle of the busy group of people, and just took a seat, watching the crowd, waiting.

Waiting for waht? She didn't know.

As a kid grabbed her sleeve. She didn't even seem to notice, and when the kid was picked up by their mother, they took the sleeve with them, revealing the curse... and causing a change in the air, in the crowded place.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 03:00:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The change was nigh-instant. Children started to either bawl loudly, throw tantrums, or started to run about with inexhaustible exuberance, people were crying intensely, laughing out of control, getting angry at each other... but it was a lot of the last one.

So much so, that, much like the incident in the café, fights started.

And one fight turned into a larger fight... which meshed with another fight. And soon enough, it was like a massive brawl, with security being called in, police on their way, or already there, and EVERYONE was out of their minds.

Except for a couple of people... arguably. Erica had remained sitting there, not even caring when she was shoved into the fountain. She merely stood up and walked out of it, sitting back down at it like it hadn't happened.

And Azazel had been there, grabbing something that Roxie had asked him to pick up while he was in the area. He'd been dodging and avoiding people, knowing this HAD to have been Erica's doing, and when he saw her at the fountain, he started to forcibly push past people.

"ERICA!" he called out to her.

"ERICA, HANG ON!" he said further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 03:12:48 )

Erica didn't say anything, couldn't. She didn't react to the gunshots she heard, she didn't feel the burning hot pain in her side.

As Azazel approached, she didn't move, didn't react, and didn't even look to him. She was just staring forward, completely unresponsive to Azazel until he grabbed her arm. It was almost instant. She looked to him, her blue having the same marking that was on her arm, spreading across her torso, up her neck, her face, into her eye, and everywhere.

She didn't say anything before tearing her arm out of his grasp.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 03:46:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Her tearing her arm away was so abrupt and violent, it surprised him.

And the spreading curse was alarming him.

"Erica!" he snapped.

"Erica, come ON!" he told her, before seeing JUST how bad she was.

"Oh... oh, no..." he mumbled.

"That's it, I need to suck some of that curse OUT of you!" he told her, grabbing her arm again. However, just as he started to drain her of her curse energy, a strange sinusoidal blade emerged from his chest, someone having stabbed him from behind.

He looked at the blade, before looking at the one who had done it, his eyes a mix of hatred and fear.

"Bal..phegor..." he stammered, as the demon withdrew the blade, causing Azazel to let go of Erica, and stumble into the water.

"Now that THAT pest has been taken care of..." Balphegor said, looking at Azazel, and then Erica.

"Shall we go?" he asked her mockingly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 04:04:23 )

Erica didn't react to Azazel being run through with the blade. She didn't even seem to properly realise what hapepned.

As she was beckoned to go, she got to her feet without a second though, before stepping up to the newcomer. She was erady for whatever he wanted, and it showed. Easily.

She was silent, but that wasn't too surprising. The doll, combined with the curse, made her almost nothing more than a doll for him to pose, or order around. He could get her to do basically anything by this point.

Four long months, and she was his. Her curse, it was his.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 04:28:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Balphegor was silent as he looked her over, and saw her obedience.

"...excellent." he said.

"You will make a fine addition to my army against Lilith." he told her, as he started to lead her through the mall, casually knocking out and injuring any that got close to them.

"And... hmmm..." he mumbled, looking her over.

"Yes, I think it should be complete and full." he finished, pondering something.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 04:36:57 )

As he said all he did, Erica was completely silent, unresponsive. Or rather, her personality was all but gone, but he knew she was still listening to him. He was probably the only person that she would listen to, for that matter.

He led her out to where they wouldn't be seen, as even if he was a demon, he did not want to reveal the presence and existence of those like him to the general public, he opened a path through hell before beckoning for her to go through. Erica, without hesitation, did so. She stepped out on the other end, seemingly unaffected by the realm she'd just traveled through, to find herself in the ruins of a burned and charred building.

It wasn't hard to guess where, either, if she was able to actually figure that out. The cursed markings were covering her, swallowing every part of her. As with any others who had succumbed, she would be nothing more than a tool, that curse in human form. If he ever allowed it freedom again, it would be quite a force to be reckoned with, uncontrollable.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 05:06:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He just grinned as he looked at her, contrasting her with the ruins of the building.

"Beauty." he said.

"It's never permanent." he lamented.

"So... let me appreciate YOUR beauty... before you are little more than a husk for that curse to command." he told her. "Or... rather... a husk for me to command the curse with." he chuckled.

Unbeknownst to him, however, there was a third party that was privy this encounter.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 05:14:00 )

The one who was watching just sighing, wanting to do something drastic like throw the doll against the wall. She knew that it wouldn't be a good idea though, as the destriction of the doll would result in the potentially permanent destruction of the mind of the one that it was attached to currently.

"dammit." She growled before collecting herself and just making her way over to a cupboard and withdrawing a particularly strong artefact, and just held it close.

"I don't know if any of you wish to answer this prayer, but there is a problem, and I cannot deal with it myself." She said quietly as she closed her eyes, trying to keep calm and open up enough for a proper outreach.

"It involves a demon toying with a human, in very distatesful ways when she cannot resist."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.