Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Emotional Manipulation

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 05:35:41 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Of those that it reached, one of them seemed to have recognised it first... and therefore, by their own rules, they were the one designated to answer the call. And they weren't happy about it.

Already they were in a bad mood, even more so than usual, but they'd dealt wit this woman before, and were NOT looking forward to doing it again. They were not eager to be in her presence.

However, they couldn't ignore it.

About 10 seconds after she finished her prayer, she looked and saw a pillar of light appear a few metres away from her, and when it died down, she saw the archangel Gabriel standing there.

"...yes?" he asked curtly.

"Must be bad if YOU'RE calling out to us." he commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 06:05:39 )

She looked him from head to toe before sighing and replacing what she'd taken out of the cupboard, back where it belonged. She then made her way over to the doll like figure that she had been watching through, grabbed it, and returned to him.

"I trust you know what this is." She started. "And please, spare me your comments on it. I do as I am paid." She reminded him before holding it for him to take.

"Take it and concentrate, the one it is connected to ... even I cannot tolerate it." She told him.

"I do not have the power to stop him though."

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 06:28:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He accepted the doll and grimaced as he held it.

"Detestable thing." he growled.

He then closed his eyes, concentrating on it... and almost instantly, his eyes popped open.

This woman did not fear much. To say she feared nothing wouldn't be too far off, honestly. However, even SHE felt a little nervous when she saw the pure anger in Gabriel's eyes. He looked at her, and it almost seemed like he was about to pass judgement on her, himself, right there and then.

But he didn't. She saw the anger was still there, but she knew the new look in his eyes. He was now making quick plans, but he looked at her once more.

"...tell me something." he said.

"Did he mention anything about amassing an army or waging some crusade against someone?" he asked her.

"The answer will change my plans." he told her, setting the doll back down. He knew she would need it to undo what she did... and he was forbidden from taking artefacts from humans anyway, or interfering with them without clear consent.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 06:30:27 )

She was silent for a moment before nodding.

"He did." She told him honestly.

"Paid me handsomely, as well." She added before putting the doll back where it was.

"And yes, considering what this has progressed to, I will most certainly be working to sever that connection." she assured Gabriel, figuring she'd do good to tell him so.

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 06:50:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabriel was silent again, before narrowing his eyes.

"...I am returning to make sure of it." he told her, before disappearing from where he was.

He then appeared close to Balphegor, and stopped him from approaching Erica, by slapping him hard on his cheek, causing the demon to recoil immensely.

"You!" he growled, starting to build up mana, but it was too late. Gabriel moved far too quickly and grabbed the demon by the throat, so tightly that if he'd needed to breathe, he'd surely be choking. He then lifted him up off the ground, his eyes filled with a great and terrible anger.

"I want so desperately to burn you slowly. Painfully." he told him, as he used his other hand to coat Erica in his mana. This had two effects... the first was detoxifying her of the curse, and then it teleported her home, in her bed. Where she would lay until the connection was severed. Which happened soon after, leaving the celestial and infernal alone.

"But that's not good enough." he said, once Erica was gone. "I have a MUCH better idea." he said, an ominous smirk on his face.

Then, before Balphegor could respond, they both disappeared in a pillar of light.

Meanwhile, in Hell, Lilith was discussing some things with her progeny, when they all felt archangel mana behind them. When Lilith turned around, she saw Gabriel throw Balphegor down to the ground, and stomp on his head.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 06:54:46 )

The demon in question, Lilith, was stunned when she looked and saw Gabriel with Balphegor beneath his boot.

"What are you doing bringing him here?" She asked.

"Or has he been... causing problems again?" She then asked a moment or two later, a bit of a gleeful smirk to her voice, and face.

She so hoped he had been, as it would mean that she could play with him. Again.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 07:15:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabriel looked over towards Lilith, and held back his instincts to spew insults and such at her, and even outright attack her. This wasn't what this was about. As it stood, they now had a common enemy... beneath his boot.

"You could say that." he told her, as Balphegor flailed about under the foot... to no avail.

"It seems that he had decided to conscript some soldiers for an army to lead against you." he said further. "And one such was a young lady with the recurring demonic curse." he went on.

He knew this information would be relevant here. Demons could not be affected by it... but if any other hellspawn or mortal was exposed to it, they became unafraid of death, of anything of the sort. And if those under the curse's influence could be controlled and directed... it would mean trouble, or at least a difficult time, for almost ANY opponent. Even Lilith.

This told her that Balphegor wasn't just 'causing problems again'. This told her he had been making a serious, genuine, and real attempt to make a power move against her.

"No! No!" the demon protested, his voice... a bit muffled. "It was just to impress you!" he said in a panicked tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 07:33:09 )

"Ah." was all Lilith said, her voice filled with displeasure.

"Well, that is most certainly good to know." She started before looking to Gabriel.

"Do stay for a moment. I wish to give you something as a thank you for bringing this ... issue... to my attention." She said before ordering him off of Balphegor, and the demon to his feet.

"You may want to step back angelboy." She stated before motioning for one of the two that she had been speaking with to come over. She did so, then stepped up behind Balphegor with a motion from Lilith.

"You won't overstep again." She promised before he could feel the others hands on his horn. Before he could ope to argue, it seemed to melt, dematerialise, away, only to hover in front of Gabriel.

"Take it. I know in your posession it will never be returned." was all she said. "We will take care of this thing."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 14:56:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabriel looked at the horn that had been hovered over towards him, and smirked a little. He then grasped it with his hand, the aura that had been around it disappearing as he did so.

"NO!" Balphegor screamed.

"Heh." Gabriel chuckled.

"This is why I brought him to you." he told Lilith. "Anything I could do... it pales in comparison to the cruel punishment you can dish out." he said further with a smirk, before it quickly disappeared.

"And that is the closest thing to a compliment that you're getting from me." he finished, as Balphegor collapsed to his knees, a defeated man.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 15:20:20 )

Lilith didn't say anything before smirking.

"Ah, but that is one thing I do well. Do what you want with that horn, just do not bring it back to this realm, or him." She told Gabriel.

"I will deal with this and enjoy it while I do."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 17:45:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabriel merely nodded in response.

"You can count on it." he told her.

With that, he look one last look at Balphegor's now-pathetic and pleading eyes, and sneered.

"Oh, how the self-proclaimed 'mighty' have fallen." he said.

He then disappeared from where he was, appearing back where the Priestess was.

"He has been dealt with." he informed her.

"And I will oversee your undoing of the connection."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 17:59:37 )

The priestess was silent for a moment before sighing.

"Of course you are." She commented with a shake of her head.

"I would not expect anything more." She added as she set to work.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 21:18:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabriel was silent as she went to work, and once she was finished, and the artefact revered to its neutral state, he sighed.

"I don't like you having that." he said. "But I realise you have every right to possess it, and I cannot interfere with your right to have it and do with it what you will." he told her.

No more words were said, and he then disappeared from where he was.

After that, Erica had spent close to 2 days in bed, with Gabriel watching over her.

He had continued to watch over her, not daring to leave her side for any great length of time, and he wondered when she would awaken. That was answered within the next 3 minutes, as he watched her eyes open, show a hint of confusion... and then abject horror.

"...shouldn't be surprised at that." he muttered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 21:22:15 )

Erica didn't say anything before rolling onto her side, curling into a ball as she just wrapped her arms around herself. She knew what it was that had happened, what'd she'd done, what she'd been through, what had been done directly to her.

She felt used, abused, violated. And it would likely take time for her to come to terms with it. However she was ignoring Gabe's attempts to get her attention for only a minute or two before biting her lip.

"Is... Is Az ok?" She asked, her voice quiet, far more subdued than he was used to from her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 21:50:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabriel was silent for a moment, nearly stunned. Zeke had stopped by about a day ago with info on Azazel, and INSISTED on giving it to him, stating that Erica would ask when she woke up. Gabe hadn't believed him at first, but Zeke wouldn't back down. This earned a modicum of respect from the archangel, so he agreed to listen to what he had to say, and regurgitate it should it be asked.

And... it seemed Zeke was right. It puzzled him.

"Ah..." he stammered.

"Yes." he told her.

"Ezekiel came by earlier and volunteered that information." he said. "He was taken to the Unit, and is being tended to. It's expected that he'll make a full recovery shortly." he informed her.

"And any public that saw his demonic blood have had their memories altered."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 22:37:20 )

Erica let out a breath of relief. It wasn't much of a breath, admittedly, but it was still there.

"good... Just... Just good." She said quietly.

"Thank you, Gabe... So much"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 22:57:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabriel was silent... a look of guilt in his eyes.

"...don't..." he said.

"I... you've been through... such horrible things..." he commented.

"And... and it all happened right under my nose..." he went on.

"I'm sorry..." he said further, lowering his head a little.

"I'm so sorry these things happened to you, Erica..." he apologised, his tone sounding like he was holding back tears.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 23:04:07 )

Erica didn't say anything before reaching over, twisting slightly, to grab Gabe's hand. She didn't let go, but didn't say anything. She didn't even look at him for the moment.

He didn't move though, and when she realised that, she just pulled on his hand lightly, as if to say 'come here'. It didn't take much for him to actually take her advice, and crawl into the bed with her.

"Thank you, so much. You aren't to blame." She said quietly, holding his hand close to her torso.

"Just... thank you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 23:36:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" Gabe was silent for another few moments, before she felt his hand tense up a little... but it softened quickly.

"...Angela... was here earlier." he said.

"You... had been injured in the brawl at that mall... and I called her in here to patch you up." he said further.

"As... as I said, the demon, Azazel is going to be fine..." he went on.

"And you won't have to worry about that parasite Balphegor again." he then assured her.

"He's gone. Out of your life forever." he continued.

"...and he was the one causing you such misery. The blank-outs, your outward attitude..." he went on, and she could hear the anger and sadness in his tone... but he was trying his best to quell it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/19 23:39:38 )

Erica didn't say anything as Gabe said all he did. She didn't want to interrupt him, and had no idea what it was that she could say anyway.

When he'd finished, she just shifted position so that she was facing him, and wrapped her arms around him as best she could.

"You... You saved me. Please, don't... Don't blame yourself.... Please." She begged him

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.