Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day Event 2021 ┤▒├ Wild Sweet Treats

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 19:44:37 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: it just takes time and practice to get better at a skill.
so i don't think it's unlikely or impossible.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 19:47:41 )

@Koah: I'm in the same mood as well. I was mostly drawing for the picture perfect event here and I might get back into it later. Other than that I'm in no particular mood to do anything else unless needed to =w=

@wildfire: Good for you! And my day is going alright is turning in one of those meh days I think. But a very good meh so far lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 19:48:30 )
@MoodyB: some of these skills take years to come close to understanding or doing remotely well... but sure, somebody could pick a handful to become good at. With time and a lot of dedication. :3 It also depends on your definition of "good"...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 19:49:53 )
@Purpsy: eh, it wasn't much of a workout tbh, but something is better than nothing and since my goal is to just move the body some every day, I'm calling it a success! XD

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 19:52:27 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: I don't think anyone has to be "good" to learn a skill that they enjoy.
If they enjoy it, then i don't think being good really matters.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 19:54:59 )
@MoodyB: True - there is no reason why somebody shouldn't do something they enjoy regardless of how "good" they are at it. The enjoyment of doing is often enough and has its own rewards, but we were talking about a certain level of competence across multiple and varied skillsets...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 19:55:35 )

@Wildfire: Is better than nothing and small progress is still progress~

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 19:58:20 )
@Purpsy: yes, especially since I was in a good routine for a while, but it has been 3 or 4 days since I last worked out. So it was time to do a workout. It was time to do something. It did reinforce, though, that I chose well with my goal and my "bite-sized" workout options! :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 20:04:29 )

@Wildfire: Darn relatable =w=
Except I don't work out but that's totally me when it comes with my art.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 20:07:54 )
@Purpsy: I'm trying to do that with my art too... just do something creative every day, if only for a few minutes a day. For some reason, I'm having a harder time sticking to that goal, which is rather bizarre, tbh, given that like I went to art school and everything, so obviously I like art and doing creative things :3 /dead/ ... I'm so confused these days! XD

So you have "bite sized" creative goals every day? What kinds of things are you doing? How are you breaking that up for yourself? Are you working on one thing, towards one bigger goal, or do you have a "anything creative goes" approach?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 20:25:38 )
@Wildfire: I agree on the 'things are strange nowadays'. Turns out I need to drive to my husband's work to pick him up today. His vehicle is mad at him and is refusing to be drivable now. =;=
@Purpsy: I keep putting off that event thread, but I love the idea of doing it. C: I'm glad you're putting an entry in. <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 20:26:39 )

@Wildfire: I'm at the point where even if I don't got anything "creative" done today I try not to feel bad about it and just give myself the day off if I have it really bad, but that also goes for every goal or plans I try to achieve too. Which is difficult because there are times I do give myself day offs a bit too much. Is hard to balance that out, like what the right situation to back off or push forward and just get things done. And to top it all off I feel completely burned out too often. In short I have no clue what I'm doing with my life because I was dealing a lot of shit with my family and personal issues of myself in the past which left me stuck for a very long time and I'm still you can say healing from it.

But as for creative things, I do draw very little in portions these days. At least an hour or two a day but not really daily. I need at least a day of not drawing to just give myself that break so I can start again the next day. I hope that answer your questions :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 20:32:56 )

Silence, the White Mage is now speaking.

@Wildfire: oh yeah for sure!
people i know who life in hot areas and like this look go for hoop skirts... nice and airy XD

I am not an actual NPC.

please @ me

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 20:38:05 )
@Koah: LOL - hubby's vehicle is mad at him and is refusing to be driven... 'cuz why not! XD I think there's something in the air today...

@purpsy: Yeah, that makes sense, and I understand where you're coming from! I'm in a similar spot, tbh, if for what sounds like slightly different reasons. And I definitely get the needing to give yourself downtime in order to do it the next day! All we can do is what we can do. It's important to push yourself sometimes, but it's also really important to give yourself a chance to be quiet and still, and the opportunity to heal. Sometimes it's hard to tell which way you need to go :3 <3

I keep putting off doing something for that thread activity too, but it looks like fun!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 20:39:33 )
@Vixen: That makes a lot more sense for areas like this, but it might just be me being not much of a skirt type girl, but it still seems like it would be "too much" in the Florida heat and humidity. Of course, pretty much everything is... >.>

How are you doing today?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 20:48:34 )

@Wildfire: Yep yep~
Is difficult but I feel more woke than I've ever been before lmao xDD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 21:00:13 )
@Purpsy: LOL. <3 Give yourself the time you need. We tend to push-push-push!!... and although there's nothing wrong with that, sometimes we just need to chill-chill-chill!! XD

I dun feel like doin' nuttin'!! XD /lazy today... but also kind of bored and aimless/ *sigh*

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 21:02:00 )

@Wildfire: Yeah lol I tend to be harder to myself the most. Definitely gotta chill more hahaha

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 21:04:22 )
@Purpsy: so what are you doing today to chill (other than chatting with me)??

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 21:08:04 )

@Wildfire: No clue lmao. I'm just gonna wing it
I'm hitting that ultimate chill pfft

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.