Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day Event 2021 ┤▒├ Wild Sweet Treats

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 16:08:04 )
@Koah: Oh, I hope you get to go to the fair!! <3 Yes, I absolutely despise the term "social distancing" because of the psychological impression and impact it leaves us with!! It's not "social" distancing ... we Need the "social" part of life, especially during crisis and fearful scenarios! "Physical" distancing? Ok, maybe. But not "social". It's soooo bad!! I definitely felt it/still feel it, and I'm relatively sane and well-balanced (don't tell my husband or kids - they might try telling you otherwise XD ) ... I can only imagine the effects on those who are not as secure, confident, or as balanced! Yeeesh! Anyway... ugh. *crosses fingers for life to resume to normal REAL soon*

I hope you can help your friend! It's not a bad thing to role-play and practice interviewing regardless, so I'm sure it will help :3

I'm at the point with the food in the fridge that we're running out of a few things (like eggs), running a little low on some veggies, but not others... but the freezer is full of stuff (I'm just not entirely sure what XD ), and I can probably get us through a couple more days but I'm not sure what they'd look like other than probably a little bit weird... XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 16:16:30 )
... I'm going to try to pry my arse out of the chair and away from the computer to do a short workout. I probably won't be AFK for very long. Wish me luck!

*leaves a trivia question* --------------> What is the common name for dried plums?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 16:29:16 )

*gives you a huge amount of luck*
Werk that booteh out!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 16:32:37 )
@Purpsy: XD LOL... I'm still stuck to my computer chair XD
*grunts and groans and pries myself out* ...ok... BBS, probably.
And "hello" BTW! <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 16:50:25 )

Silence, the White Mage is now speaking.

@Wildfire: i bet xD
Cuffed sleeves and a fitted collar probably exacerbate it too
But i do feel very cute in the full outfit lol

I am not an actual NPC.

please @ me

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 17:53:17 )
@Purpsy: Hi good morning! :3

@Wildfire: Did you do your workout? lol I should try and do mine in the mornings. I do it right before bed.
'social distancing' is truly an unfortunate way of phrasing physical distancing. The pandemic began and I started reaching out to family and friends that I wanted to know better. I even had weekly girls meeting last summer. Where we'd meet in zoom and drink and talk about our week. It was nice. Businesses reopened and people went back to their lives with restrictions.
My friend is a punk. lol. It'll be fun getting back in my bank attire and intimidating her with my cleaned-up appearance. Even my husband wants in on this. He dug out his business-casual suite yesterday to tag along. XD My friend doesn't know she asked Two Very enthusiastic/charismatic people to roleplay. lmao. She knows I enjoy costumes and I have a long work history- but I don't think she's ready for this.
I'm in the same boat, grocery-wise. I'm planning my shopping trip for Thursday. Maybe go to Costco.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 18:04:37 )
@Vixen: I bet you feel (and look) quite cute in the full outfit! :3 <3
It's just not something that's even remotely realistic to do here - lol!

@Koah: I did a small workout - a few minutes of body strength/conditioning (lunges, pushups, plank, crunches, etc.) and a short yoga routine :3

Your weekly girls zoom meeting sounds like a wonderful thing! I guess it's not happening any longer, huh? That's unfortunate :(

You're really looking forward to intimidating your friend, aren't you? XD It sounds like it will be good for her (and probably you and hubby too)... including the "surprise!" aspect that you're going to spring on her! :3 I'm sure it will help her.

I have been avoiding Costco, and I'm not entirely sure why that is tbh. I should go. We really should try to use that membership at least once in a while...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 18:30:18 )
@Wildfire: I wish my girls nights were still going. But such is life. It was pretty difficult... tedious.. to plan and make sure everyone had the same available time and which day, every week. It was worth it, of course. The planning fell on my shoulders though.
lol, I am, We are- I should say, looking forward to spookin' my friend with fancy clothes. C: Hopefully it'll help rattle her brain into thinking people in suits are normal people and not some scary, bigger, superior human. My work aesthetic was always casual enough to look friendly but cleaned up enough to be taken seriously.
Whereas, when my husband dresses up. He goes from gunsmith shop-man to strictly business. XD lmao. I look forward to him dressing up. :}

I feel silly for having a Costco card. lol. We go only 2-3 times a year. e.e"

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 18:44:31 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: It's not too hard to adjust to it luckily.
but i will really be adjusting to it with some painting studies. So far i think it blends extremely well.
tho some settings on my tools i'll have to readjust.

but i love that it feels as if im drawing on paper.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 18:51:42 )
@Koah: It sounds like you and hubby have it dialed in in terms of helping your friend. I'm always amazed at how much some people can be intimidated by somebody in a suit or with a title - it's like "dude, they just have more experience than you do right now"! XD

I think you use your Costco card more than we do XD

@MoodyB: I'm kind of surprised that you like the drawing on paper feel, since you're a digital-only type person! The lack of that feel is what put me off from using a tablet for a long time, so I'm thrilled that they've managed to capture that to some degree

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 18:53:45 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: I like drawing on paper since i drew on paper before digital.
I just suck at drawing lightly with my traditional medium.
I like traditional tools, i just lack knowledge to use them how i like.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 19:02:13 )
@MoodyB: I understand... except the opposite XD

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 19:07:02 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: i just adjust better with digital since i haven't touched
traditional mediums in over 10 years.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 19:09:34 )
@MoodyB: There's nothing wrong with that. You chose your medium and you pursued working with it. Just because you draw or do anything creative does not mean you have to be or should be good with any and all mediums that exist. That's impossible :3

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 19:18:43 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: i dont really think that's impossible.
plus i can't take my digital tools wherever either lol. not unless i have an ipad.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 19:21:24 )

@Wildfire: Ahhh well you can do it!
Unless you've done your workout already. I've been away quite a bit.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 19:22:54 )

@Koah: And good afternoon~
Unless is not there... =w=;

How are you today?

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 19:36:36 )
@Purpsy: It's still somehow morning here. 11:35am. lol. :p
So far, so good. I'm feeling kind of like a zombie this morning. I got zero motivation for anything other than coffee and food. [and voltra chats] How are you? C:
@Wildfire: My friend's boyfriend might have covid. =3= So I think it'd be best to cancel her coming over today. :d //sigh they live together. I'll relax today and not frett about her interview prep.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 19:37:39 )
@MoodyB: LOL. There are certainly skillsets and sub-skills that translate fairly easily from one medium to the next, and ok, maybe not impossible... but rather highly improbable... but the artist who can go seamlessly from being excellent at any of the different styles of digital art to another style, to traditional graphic design, to sculpture, to architecture, to drawing on paper, to pen-and-ink, to calligraphy, to oil painting, to gauche, to carving, to clay hand-building, to photography, to everything else?? Not very likely. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 19:40:30 )
@Purpsy: I did a small workout, yes. Thank you! <3 And yes, good afternoon to you! :3 How is your day turning out?

@koah: Awwww :( I'm sorry to hear that you need to postpone your role-play interview!! Maybe you can do a version of it via Zoom or something?? But a lazy day sounds wonderful to me! It's 2:30pm here now and I haven't done much in terms of being productive, although I feel like I should be and semi-want to be...? Kind of? Not really? *shrugs* I don't know any more. These days are so strange! :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.