Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day Event 2021 ┤▒├ Wild Sweet Treats

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/26 16:37:45 )

@Koah: Whoa I don't think it will be really bad if you inherit her stuff when she pass on but it seems to me she owns quite a lot.
There's really no one else in your side of the family and hers that won't be interested in as well?

But is such a vibe when you meet someone who's just passionate at something ^^

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/26 16:39:31 )

@Koah: Awee xD
I guess Timmies are not common in the US?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/26 16:44:15 )
@Purpsy: Yeah, it is fast food... pretentious fast food :3
No, Tim Horton's isn't so popular in the US. I have seen a couple of their stores, and I've seen their brand of coffee on the shelves in the grocery once in a while, but they are not like some of the other chains here

@Koah: She sounds authentic, which is wonderful and rare. She sounds like what I want to be like when I grow up XD ... but I keep feeling responsible for taking care of the house and my family instead of completely following my passions... :(

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/26 16:45:26 )
Wow - it's almost noon. What the heck happened to the morning? I know I slept a little later than usual, but Noon?? Eeeesh!! I should probably go do a couple of things. But I don't feel like it yet and I still have coffee that needs drinking! XD

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/26 16:46:59 )
I love all of her hobbies. <3 So I wouldn't be sad if she was serious. However, She has a lot of everything. and she invests a fortune in it all. She had 2 sewing machines set up, surrounded by piles of fabric. The sewing machines were a minimum of 4 grand each. o_o"

Tim Hortons is leaking down the border. lol. While I was in Michigan they opened 2 in the lower part of the state. And I heard of one in North Dakota. So I think they're making their way down. The U.S. is saturated in coffee shops.

@Wildfire: I feel that completely! Her authentic personality is amazing. But I do see why she is the way she is. She spent her youth in a career and did a botchy job of raising her kids. I've heard horror stories of her sons. And her 40 yr old son was living with them and he was horrible to her. As a parent, I mean mugged the sh-- out of him for his absolute disrespect to his mother. //shutters//
I see why she'd want someone out of her household to inherit her hobbies. He probably sees her tools as a profit when she passes.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/26 16:51:34 )
@Koah: ... aaaaaannnndddd.... that's the trade off. It's one thing to invest in and follow your passions, but if you're going to have children, then they really need to come first and foremost, and it's really difficult to split your time and attention between them and your passions (*speaking from personal experience)... but what is more valuable - another handful of 'art' or good human beings?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/26 17:01:12 )
@Wildfire: And this is why I love our morning coffee talks. You get it. <3 The stories I've heard of her kids are bad. But I've only heard amazing stories of her.

I'm on my second cup of coffee now. :3

unrelated note:
I found a 'prep for college' book from 1946, I've been reading it this weekend. It's amazing. Such a weird find from a thrift store. I'm in love with this book right now.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/26 17:05:20 )

Silence, the White Mage is now speaking.

- rolls on thread -
hi folks :3

I am not an actual NPC.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/26 17:12:06 )
@Vixen: Hello~ How are you today? c:

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/26 17:17:22 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

-also rolls into the thread while on break between meetings at work-

Howdy y'all

...If you wanna keep your head

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/26 17:19:35 )

@Koah: hey koah :3
doing well; got my tea and starting up some music; then going to get going on an art piece

@Fading Kings: heyo how are ya?

I am not an actual NPC.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/26 17:21:30 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

@Vixen:

I am extremely thankful to be work from home at the moment. I got a killer sunburn over the weekend and I am just wearing a tank top to suffer less.

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/26 17:23:04 )

@Fading Kings: awww hope you feel better soon :o
you have some aloe vera for that?

I am not an actual NPC.

please @ me

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/26 17:24:25 )
@Vixen: Sounds similar to what I'm doing. I got my coffee, music going and I'm contemplating a tattoo design I was commissioned. :d

@Fading Kings: Oh man. Sunburns suck. Gotta drink lots of water and I hope you have Aloe. <3
I got sunburned a couple of weeks ago. lol. I have a beautifully terrible tan line on my neck. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/26 17:25:29 )

I just finished the riddles ;w;
My smartass brother ended up helping me in one of the of the riddles and I resorted to writing them down on my notebook
in the end. It took me longer than I expected...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/26 17:29:47 )
@Purpsy: I resorted to guessing the last two. Just clicking everything randomly. lol. Pre-Coffee me did not enjoy riddles in the morning.
The item is cute though. c:

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/26 17:30:01 )
@Koah: LOL - yeah, well, in this case, it helps that I lived (am living?) it. :3
That sounds like an amazing book! We have a grammar book (I think) here from probably the same time period (It has been a while since I've looked at it) - it's astounding to see how things have changed over the years! :3

@Vixen: Well hello there! Good morning. How are you today?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/26 17:31:53 )

@Wildfire: Ahh I see. Do they have those cappuccino/mocha bottles they sell on stores.
I love them but darn they can be so expensive

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/26 17:32:34 )
@Fading kings: And hello to you too! Sunburn is rough :( I hope it's not too horrible! Did you at least have fun in the getting of it? XD

@Purpsy: It took me longer to get through the riddles than I'd like to admit too.

... everyone stopped by while I was off getting... breakfast? lunch? brunch? ... food. :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/26 17:34:03 )
@Purpsy: From Starbucks, yes. I think. I don't usually drink them (Far too much sugar for my tastes) so I'm probably not the best one to ask about them...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.