Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day 2022: Spring Cleaning! Spring Cleaning: The Dust Wars Event FAQ (+ Raffle Hangout!)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 18:45:19 )

@sunny: Yeah I heard about dinner ladies and I thought, wow does England keep their kids late enough that they have to offer them dinner? XD
Then after I learned about the north/south difference in meal names lol

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 18:47:46 )
    @Totalanimefan: LOL talk about culture shock xD are you doing anything for the jubilee? Idk if your husband would be interested in celebrating it?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 19:40:07 )

@sunny: He's not the biggest fan of the royals. He comes from a working class family. I do think it's cool that there is a new line in the underground named after the Jubilee. I think that it just opened last week.
As for lunch, I made a grilled cheese with some ham in the middle and I had watermelon. :)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 19:43:21 )
    @Totalanimefan: that sounds like a delicious lunch :)
    I am not a fan of the royals either, but I am a fan of long weekends lol. I will watch the celebrations on TV at my mum’s house, but that is it. I do sometimes think we are super old fashioned for having a royal family, but it’s nice when we get celebrations like this.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 19:45:33 )

@sunny: It really was! Do you like watermelon? Is it popular in the UK?
lol long weekends are the best. I wish every weekend was a long weekend. 5 days on and only 2 days off is not enough time off. When I lived in England I watched the royal wedding and celebrations for the queen's Sapphire (I think that's the one that was in 2012)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 19:52:26 )
    @Totalanimefan: 2012 was the Diamond Jubilee. I remember that as well, though I can’t remember what I did, if anything. Probably nothing, just enjoyed the extra long weekend.
    I hate watermelon lol. I can barely stomach honeydew melon. It all tastes like water to me, even though i like drinking water, I just don’t think it should be crunchy lol. It is fairly popular here, people eat it during the summer etc. I hate it tho lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 19:55:00 )

Very sneaky lol

@sunny: I think I watched some stuff on TV and I did enjoy the extra time off. I was a student back then.
Haha my husband says the same thing. He doesn't like it at all and says it just tastes like water lol. I love it and I love the refreshing feeling when you eat it. It's my favorite melon haha.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 20:26:05 )

@kiwi: What if I claimed you instead? XD
That really sucks though. I'm sure you will feel better after some meds.

@Neon I notice all....most of the time.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 20:30:11 )

You were good sneak
I'm studying about employment law lol.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 20:36:33 )
    @Totalanimefan: do you eat it with anything or just by itself? Like, are there watermelon recipes???? Lol.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 20:38:20 )
    Oooo like a smoothie? I could try that.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 20:38:37 )

@sunny: There are watermelon recipes. I just had it by itself. It's ok if you don't like it though. Not everyone likes every fruit XD

@neon Um, not really. It's pretty dry and there are a lot of laws. It also talks about unions and union related laws. But I have 13 weeks left in my current term, and 8 classes left so it's go time haha

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 20:42:08 )

Yeah I thought that it was interesting at first, but now I'm over it (it's day 3 of studying this for me) it's more like I feel like I'm falling behind so I just want to hurry.
I've heard of that. I think that grilling peaches are more common (and amazing)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 20:46:24 )

Haha but I'm getting through it. I listened to all the recorded lectures, and now I'm reading the most important chapters and then I'll tackle the study guide. :)
Maybe I'll be on this class for another 2 days or so?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 20:46:33 )
    @Totalanimefan: it's just weird for me since I do pretty much like every fruit. Even watermelon flavoured drinks or sweets I avoid, lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 20:47:14 )

@sunny: I feel like watermelon sweets aren't good. They taste kinda fake?
I do like watermelon drinks. Do you have top 5 fav fruits?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 20:49:03 )
    @Totalanimefan: fake, that's a good way to describe it!!!!

Hmmm top 5 fruits.... I guess it changes a lot but, right now: pineapple, pink lady apples, raspberries, pomegranate, and banana. What is yours?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 20:57:21 )

@sunny: Yeah it's not good lol
I LOVE Pineapple! It's so good. I also love watermelon, mangos, honey crisp apples and oranges. :)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 21:01:27 )
    @Totalanimefan: pineapple is the best. I have some in the fridge right now, I think I will eat it tomorrow. Mango is great too, so refreshing. I don't think I have ever tried those apples, are they sweet?

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 21:04:59 )

hello everyone~ I have a little bit of time to post and earn these cute items~

bloop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.