Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Climax of Destruction

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 03:16:19 )

"Let it steep for about half an hour for the full effect, and you should be asleep for..." Terra started, pausing to think about it.

"Considering what you are ... most likely 10-12 hours, easily." She told him.

"Possibly an hour or two longer." She added. "When you wake it will likely take an hour before you have your 'head on straight', so to speak as well. So keep that in mind. It is quite a strong blend, and I can guarantee it will work." She paused before sighing lightly. He could hear the concern in that breath.

"I will leave you to finish up here and head out. Get some sleep, Sharp. You need it."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 04:12:52 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Good to know." Hal replied.

"I'll make sure my day is clear." he told her with a chuckle.

"Thank you once again." he finished.

Meanwhile, Zeke had made his way down to the medical wing.

"Hey." he greeted Aedan.

"Sharp knows." he told her.

"How's that Chris guy doing?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 04:16:46 )

Aedan, who was sitting by the bed Chris was unconscious on, just sighed.

"He's alive." She answered.

"If that counts for anything." She added after a few seconds.

"How'd Bossman take the news?"

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 04:39:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah... well? I guess?" Zeke replied.

"He was pretty burnt out." he told her.

"I think he's taking a day to recoup and recharge." he went on.

"As it seems like this guy is... a blank slate, the boss thinks it's not quite emergency levels." he continued.

"......" he was then silent, and sighed.

"Maybe he can help us find Liv..." he then mumbled.

It was at that point the two of them suddenly sensed... something. Something weird, but... almost comforting. Something... familiar.

And something Aedan had not felt for a LONG time.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 04:48:14 )

Aedan had been about to say something before freezing. Without a word, she got to her feet and quickly made her way through the wing and to the hall. It didn't take long before she was running to the door out. She didn't spare a word to Jake before finally getting outside. Once out in the parking lot, she looked around, eager to find waht she could swear she knew was there.

"Corvo!" She called, not caring that others could hear her.

"Dammit, if it's not you then how the hell..." She wondered as she looked around, her gaze sharp as she tried to find what she was looking for.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 05:03:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After a few seconds of looking, Aedan's gaze reached the skies... where a pair of bird could be seen in the distance coming towards her.

It was then that Zeke came rushing out of the Unit, having followed her.

"Talon!" he called out, looking around and seeing the pair of avians coming their way.

"...Talon!" he exclaimed.

"....but what's that with him...?" he then asked quietly, as they got closer and closer.

Sure enough, one of the birds was Talon... but there was also a raven following closely behind.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 05:21:41 )

Aedan was ... she was stunned. Completely silent, which was unusual for her, but not in a bad way. As the birds neared, Talon reaching Zeke and landing on his shoudler first, Aedan just held her arm out for the raven to land as well.

". . . . Been... far too long since I last saw you." She said to the bird, who just cawed in response. Even Zeke could pick up on the feeling of relief at seeing her again. Aedan just reached up and stroked it's feathers.

She paused after a few seconds before growling.

". .. that explains part of it." She muttered before looking to Zeke.

"Turns out both of them were caught by the elf bitch." She then said.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 05:41:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....hm?" Zeke muttered, as he stroked Talon's head.

"Ah... wait..." he said.

"Aedan, is... is that raven your... familiar?" he asked.

"I... didn't know you had a familiar at all." he admitted, thinking a little.

"Also... it looks a bit... different." he then commented, taking a closer look at Corvo.

"Eyes seem a bit clouded. And... is the beak cracked...?" he asked, trailing off a little at the end.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 05:44:11 )

"Yes. Yes he is." Aedan replied.

"Back from when I was actually alive." She added before shrugging.

"Turns out when I died, he died. When I revived, as did he." She added.

"Anyway, I'm heading back to the the deadweight downstairs.... and get reacquainted with Corvo here." With that, she walked past Zeke, leaving him with his own bird.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 06:03:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Zeke was silent, before turning and following her.

"I... I see." he said.

"I suppose that DOES make sense." he admitted as they went back into the security checkpoint.

"Welcome back." Jake greeted them.

"Looks like you've got someone new." he told Aedan, looking at Corvo.

"Friend of yours?" he asked with a light chuckle, before 'sniffing' their mana and buzzing them in.

"Go on."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 06:06:01 )

"You could say that." Aedan said before stepping through the door.

"In one way or another, he's a friend." She added.

"Sorry about the rancidity, that I'm sure is there." She added before heading off, deeper into the building. She knew that it'd be interesting to take Corvo back home to see Az. He'd likely have things to say about a new bird, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 06:30:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke followed as well, and Jake sighed.

"There's a bit of that, yeah." he mumbled.

"Not really gonna ask questions, though." he said further.

Meanwhile, Zeke continued to follow Aedan, before pausing.

"...you don't remember where you were, or where Vanessa is, do you?" he asked.

The eagle made a small noise in response.

"...didn't think so." Zeke said with a deep sigh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 06:32:57 )

"I'm... not surprised." Aedan commented.

"I'd have been amazed if they DID know." She added, which got a noise from her raven.

". . . really? Stuff it." Aedan muttered. "And before you ask, yes, from what I can tell this bird is dead." She then said, addressing what Zeke had said in the past.

'Might... be worthwhile to see if that beak can be tended to though..." She added after a second or two before sighing as they walked.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 06:55:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke raised an eyebrow when he heard that exchange.

"Uh..." he stammered.

"Guessing your raven has a bit of an attitude." he commented.

"But... yeah, you're right." he sighed.

"And yes, I think that getting that beak looked into might be a good idea." he agreed, before thinking about it.

"Hm." he mumbled.

"Do we know any veterinarians?" he asked. "I know we know doctors and medics, but... I don't think we know any actual vets."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 06:57:22 )

". . . that's an underwtatement. This thing is part of the reason I am how I am." Aedan commented with a shrug.

"And vets? I ... don't.... think so." She paused a moment before sighing.

"Worst case scenario, Terra might be able to help."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 07:25:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hmmm, maybe." Zeke responded.

"Or... yeah, hm. Terra may be the best, here." he muttered.

"Not sure if this falls under alchemy... or necromancy... or something else, entirely." he then admitted.

"I don't think something like this is a common occurrence, to put it lightly." he went on with a small laugh.

"I guess he's been looking for you ever since he was revived, but wasn't able to really locate you. I guess the death and revival made your guys' connection all... static-y?" he continued, trying to find the right words for it.

"And I guess Talon here, knowing that if he were to find me, he'd find YOU, led him back here with him." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 07:29:35 )

'That sounds like the most accurate thing." Aedan said before pausing.

"What I want to know... is why." She then said.

"I mean... Corvo said outright that they were with Encrae. The viper that was returned said that they were with a wood elf." She continued before pausing.

"BNut... why? Why the difference? If she's planning something, what is it? And if not, then how are they here and having gotten free?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 07:48:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I... hm." Zeke muttered.

"As far as Talon goes, perhaps she thought that having access to a Nephilim... one that's the spawn of an archangel... would be beneficial?" he suggested, trying to think up a reason.

"And as for Corvo, you have to admit, he's an oddity, and a fascination." he then said. "I mean, a familiar that came back to life when their charge did? That has to be a rarity, and worth examining." he continued.

"As for how they got free... maybe they became a liability?" he offered.

"Maybe since the others were freed, she thought them being there compromised her security and location?" he suggested further.

"We can always have them scanned for abnormalities." he then said, causing Talon to screech briefly.

"I DO trust you. But we never know when it comes to a dark elf. Especially Encrae." he reasoned, which seemed to satisfy the eagle.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 07:51:22 )

Aedan was completely silent before sighing.

"I... have absolutely no clue as to what could happen." She then said. "Or what to expect."

"For now... let's worry about that idiot downstairs." She then said.

---

Ash was at home, asleep, and dead to the world to such a degree that he didn't hear his phone when it rang several times.

She pounded on the door, only for it to be answered by the largest one of the house.

"Lindsay, I need your brother." She stated simply, her voice having a bit of a Brooklyn lilt to it, that wasn't too surprising.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 08:20:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Indeed." Zeke agreed.

"He's the key to all this. He's our best lead on Encrae right now." he reasoned.

"I just hope he can be useful." he then muttered further.

---

Lindsay's eyes showed his surprise when he saw who it was.

"Sydney?" he asked.

"Something up? You usually don't end up coming for him for something." he commented, before shaking his head.

"Right, you need Ash? I'll grab him for you." he told her.

"Where are going to be? Den? Here? Elsewhere?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.