Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Climax of Destruction

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 08:18:29 )

"Precisely." Vanessa said after a few seconds.

"It's something that will make my reache xtreme, as everyone who is infected will continue to spread it out to others. The longer someone is in contact with the 'virus', the stronger it will be." She continued.

"Once it reaches the point of breaking someone, they will naturally go to a location I have set up for that. No matter what happens to them." She finished with, smirking slightly.

"It will get me plenty of humans to eradicate, and they will do so happily."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 08:32:48 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"...it's delightfully genius. And so subtle." Azari went on.

"By the time anyone knows what's happening... it'll be too late. It will have spread out so far, identifying and isolating it will be nigh-impossible." he continued.

"Quarantining will be useless. It's... perfect." he said further.

"...guess that little grub's fuckup had some useful consequences, after all." he then commented, before pausing. "Or, rather, you managed to turn that little worm's mistake into something that can be seen as positive, in some way." he clarified.

"Lemons into lemonade, and all that trite jazz." he mumbled.

"Speaking of such, there anything I can get for you, madam?" he then asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 21:50:10 )

There was silence before Vanessa sighed.

'Grab me some of that mana recovery tea that we have." She said after a moment.

"And hope it helps. If it doesn't, who the hell knows what'll happen." She added, a warning to her voice. She knew she didn't need to with Azari, as it was something that she was reasonably sure he was fully aware of already, but she went on autopilot for that warning.

Most of those she dealt with were morons and would fuck shit up regularly, after all.

"Not that I think I have anything to be worried with, with you." She said after another second.

"You're probably the only thing on this planet I properly trust."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 22:16:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azari just smiled, pride in his eyes.

"Your words flatter and honour me." he told her.

"And yes, the mana recovery tea." he went on, thinking about it for a moment.

"I do believe we have plenty left." he said. "If not, I will personally make sure the alchemists drop what they're doing and MAKE some." he then vowed.

"....how long do you think?" he asked her as he was leaving.

"Until your sister awakens, and starts spreading the infection?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 22:23:27 )

"Probably about a week." Vanessa answered honestly.

"I'm not entirely sure though. It dpeends on how long it taks for the mana that I put in her to fully settle into place, so to speak." She then said.

"I don't expect it to take longer than that, thoguh."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 22:47:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azari nodded in response.

"I will be back shortly with your tea, then." he told her.

After a few seconds, she heard his voice down the hall, and it sounded angry.

"I don't care WHAT it is, unless the security or safety of this place is in jeopardy, you are to leave Madam ALONE!" she heard him chew someone out.

Clearly it was someone that was on their way to see her, but he had put a stop to that quickly.

"I suggest you go and make yourself useful otherwise, until you see her. She WILL come to you when she is ready to talk to you, and you will NOT talk to her under ANY other circumstances!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 22:50:54 )

Vanessa was silent as she heard what she did.

". . . . Maybe I should give you some actual authority around here." She muttered, knowing that he had some, but overall not much at all.

". . . maybe."

---

Sure enough, it was almost a week before ashley stirred. More specifically, it was about five days. While yes, she finally woke, it was slow, took far longer than one would expect.

As she woke, she saw she was alone, but that wasn't anything that surprised her. The first thing that went rhoguh her head as she sat up and looked around was something akin to 'how the hell did I get here?'

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 23:11:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

One of the medics under Emelie's command noticed that she was awake, and alerted another medic to tell Emelie about it. When they went to do so, the first one made their way to Ashley.

"Phyra." they greeted her, using her hunter codename, confirming where she was, at least.

"Relax, you're probably confused and disoriented." they said further.

"MIss Raziel is being informed that you are awake, and odds are she'll inform A.J. as well." they continued.

"In the meantime, how are you feeling?" they asked her.

"Physically and mentally."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 23:16:20 )

Phyra looked over to the medic before sighing.

"Wondering how the hell I got here." She admitted, stretching her shoulder slightly.

"Because... last I recall... I was in Maine, I think?" She asked, knowing he wouldn't likely know.

"That's... the main thing. Overall, I feel fine." She then said. "I mean... just... yeah. I'm all right. a bit stiff, but that makes sense. I get the feeling I've been here for awhile.

[b]♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 23:36:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The medic wrote down what she said, and nodded.

"All right, all right." they said.

"You've been here close to a week." they told her.

"Odds are when Miss Raziel comes to check up on you, A.J. will be with her." they went on.

"He's... been spending a lot of time here, waiting for you to wake up." they continued.

"Miss Raziel's even had to shoo him away on numerous occasions."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 23:41:42 )

Phyra just laughed lightly.

"Sounds about right." She said simply.

"I'd be amazed if it wasn't a case of that, to be honest." She admitted.

"But good to know." She added.

Meanwhile, Emelie approacehd AJ, who she had working to clean her office.

"Ashley wok about ten minutes ago." She said simply.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/19 00:03:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash was startled when he heard that, and snapped to attention.

"She did!?" he asked.

"That's great!" he said.

"I need to go see her!" he went on, before pausing.

"...or do you need to see her first?" he asked. "Have you seen her already?" he asked her.

"How is she doing? Is she okay?" he continued to ask.

"Did that bitch of a sister cause permanent harm!?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/19 00:06:47 )

"No I have not seen her." Emelie told him honestly.

"No I don't need to. I know she's all right, or at least seems to be. If there are any lingering effects from her that enounter with Encrae, we will have to wait and see." She then said.

"Her wings are still in rough shape though, as are her ribs, but she'll be fine, I think." She paused a moment before chuckling lightly.

"Go. I know you want to go and talk with her, so go do that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/19 00:43:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......ah, right." Ash responded.

"Yes, thanks." he told her.

With that, he parted ways from her, and made his way to where Ashley's bed way.

"Hey." he greeted her when he was close enough.

"Glad to see you're awake." he said.

"You were giving all of us quite a scare." he chuckled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/19 00:46:23 )

"Hey ASh." She said with a wave.

"And yeah, sorry about that." She then said with a sigh and a shake of her head.

"I don't even know what the hell happened." She told him honestly as she just got comfy, as she realised she'd probably be there for a bit.

"Just... last I remember is a crash landing in ... I think Maine? I'm not entirely sure, to be honest."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/19 01:00:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Ash was silent, before sighing.

"Hard to say for sure." he said.

"But... well... apparently one thing was figured out." he told her.

"Vanessa was involved." he informed the woman.

"And no, we don't know if there will be any long-lasting problems or long-term consequences from this." he then said.

"...do you feel like you've been messed with?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/19 01:01:59 )

Phyra was silent before shaking her head.

"No.. I feel fine. I mean, I hurt, of course, but ... I feel like nothing's wrong." She answered.

"Granted, if Vana was involved, that's pretty standard." she muttered.

"But seriously... I do. I feel all rioght. I hurt, don't even ned to look to see one of my wings are pretty trashed, though."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/19 01:28:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah, yeah..." Ash muttered.

"Yeah, it is." he said.

"You're... pretty much grounded for the time being." he admitted, scratching the back of his head.

"Doubt you'll be going on very many hunts, either." he said further.

"At least you're awake, and seem to be okay." he then said.

"That's all that matters."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/19 01:31:53 )

"I can certainly live with a halfdead wing for a bit." Phyra commented.

"Won't be the first time, after all." She then said before sighing.

"Any idea how long I'll be stuck in here?" She then asked, wondering teh answer but not necessarily impatient for getting out of there. She knew that Emelie wouldn't keep her beyond what was needed, and trusted the elf implicitly.... but that wasn't surprising, considering what, or who, she was.

"So yeah.... any ideas?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/19 02:01:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash shook his head.

"No idea." he replied.

"I just know the worst of it is your wing and your ribs." he told her.

"So... maybe a few more days for observation?" he guessed with a shrug.

"Could even be as soon as today." he went on.

"Depends on what Emelie thinks." he then sighed.

"I hope you get to come home today, though."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.