Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Climax of Destruction

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 08:31:08 )

"Where is he, I'll just go there." Sydney said after a moement or two.

"Better that time isn't wasted."

". . . He's in his room." Lindsay told her. "Sleeping, I think." He added, almost uneasy. Sydney seemed rather... official, for lack of any better way to put it fo rthe moment, and that was very rarely a good thing. Along with that, she didn't have her parasol, it was the middle of the day, she hadn't shown up with coffee, and it wasn't hard to tell that there was blood in her hair and on her clothing a bit. She'd done her best to clean it up, but hadn't been able to get it all.

She didn't say anything before heading off, heading down to the room in question. Once there, she knocked, waited for the silence she'd expected, before just making her way in and sitting on the edge of the bed before using her portals and having him fall through the bed back onto it.

"Ash. Ashley returned." She said before he could curse her out for that rather rude awakening.

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 09:00:18 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash was about ready to ream Sydney a new one... when her words caused him to freeze.

"Wait, what?" he asked.

"She did? When?" he asked further.

"Where is she?" he asked her, looking around, before pausing.

"Wait..." he mumbled.

"The fact that you're here, and she isn't... and the fact that you felt the need to wake me up like this... both indicate that this isn't a joyous or positive news delivery." he commented.

"What's happened?" he asked her.

"Is Ashley all right??" he then asked further, concern growing in his tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 09:03:40 )

"No one knows, Ash." Sydney answered with a light sigh.

"Emelie did all she could, but even she was saying she couldn't fix her completely." She paused a moment, letting Ash absorb what she said and process it for a moment before she continued.

"She's at the guild, unconscious." She continued. "No... one is sure when she'll wake, either." There was a kindness to her words, her voice, that one didn't hear often. She cared for Ash, and it was times like this that it did show. She could have sent someone else to do it, but knew that he'd possibly need someone there, so she wanted to be the one to do it. She could have had Cass just call him to the guild, but knew it'd be better if he was at home - or at least was reasonably sure it would be better, so she went there.

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 09:24:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash was stunned silent.

He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Ah... no... no way..." he muttered.

"I... Emelie couldn't fix her completely? I... I never thought I would hear those words." he admitted. "I'm used to her choosing not to fix things completely, to 'encourage' downtime and rest, but... her being unable to?" he went on.

"...unheard of. And immensely worrying." he continued.

"I... I..." he then stammered, before looking at Sydney, meeting her eyes.

"Thanks for telling me." he said.

"I... should go see her." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 12:25:18 )

"You should, but Emelie is sure that Ashley won't die." Sydney told him honestly.

"There is more, but I feel Emelie should tell you." She continued before sighing. "I think it might come better from her, is all."

"Anyway, Ash, I am sorry about this news. I can give you a lift back to the guild if you want me to." She added after a second or two before getting to her feet a second later.

"I'm.. going to go tell your brother about Ashley, unless you would preer to" She told him, not entirely sure what he would think was best.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 22:39:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"The quicker I get there, the better." Ash responded.

"So while I scramble to get ready to leave, you can tell my brother what's up." he said further.

"As for the lift back to the guild, I'll take you up on your offer." he then told her, getting up off the bed. "Your portals are a lot more precise than my teleportation." he reasoned.

"But yeah, I need to... get dressed. Make sure I have everything." he finished, his tone a bit unsure. But Sydney knew what it was.

He was concerned, he was confused, he was doing everything he could not to turn this into a massive production.

"I'll meet you upstairs when I'm ready." he then finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 22:50:51 )

Sydney nodded.

"I'll see you in a few, Ash." She said before heading off with a light sigh. She didn't want to be the one to bring that news, but also realised that she really was the best one TO bring it, if only because she knew that Ash trusted her and valued what she had to say. Both as a woman, and as a friend.

She made her way upstairs and looked around, finding Lindsay in the den.

"Hey." She said, he could hear the weight to her voice still.

"I'm sure that you have questions, so I'll just answer 'em right off the hop." She continued as she sat down in the chair he wasn't sitting in.

"Ashley was found in Maine." she started, "brought back to Emelie. Emelie outright said she can't fix emelie, something is blocking it." She told him.

"Girl hasn't woken up yet, and it's been a few hours."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 22:59:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....she can't fix her?" Lindsay asked.

"Such... such a thing is possible?" he wondered aloud.

"Wait, someone is BLOCKING it???" he then asked her.

"........." he was silent now, taking in that statement, letting it stew in his mind.

"Ah... who...?" he stammered. "Who... could DO such a thing...?" he asked, before shaking his head.

"It makes no sense..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 23:00:40 )

Sydney just sighed.

"There's an answer." She stated, "But... I think it would be better for Ash to learn it first." She paused here though.

"Err... maybe. Maybe you should know what emelie suspects to act as a way to keep him level. Damn, I've never been the best with human relations." She admitted after a moment, a bit of a sheepish tone to her voice.

"Because I do know that Ash will not like it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 23:31:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay was silent, thinking for a moment.

"Well, tell me." he said.

"That way I can process it and possibly help HIM process it when he learns it." he reasoned.

"....hm." he then mumbled.

"Yeah, I think that makes the most sense." he said with a small nod.

"But if you'd rather wait, I completely understand. This is a... very delicate situation, to put it lightly."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 23:33:18 )

Sydney pausd a moment, debating it before sighing.

"I'll tell you after I send him to Lux." She told him simply.

". . . I would much rather he didn't overhear it from me. emelie should tell him, not me." She added. It was about then that they heard Ash's footsteps coming upstairs.

"Speaking of..."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 23:52:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...ah. Indeed." Lindsay agreed, as Ash hastily came into the room.

"All right, I'm ready!" he told Sydney.

"Let's go, let's go, let's go." he said to her.

"She's sending you alone." Lindsay told him. "She wants to speak with me while you're there." he said further.

"All right, whatever." Ash responded.

"Sydney, just portal me." he told the vampire.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 23:54:17 )

Sydney nodded before tossing an orb of ink onto the wall that was near Ash.

"As usual, you'll probably feel hellish for a minute or two after." She told him.

"But go, it'll drop you off in Emelie's office - yes she's expecting you - no she probably won't be in there. You'll have to find her in the wing, but knowing her, there's a note." She said with a light laugh.

"Anyway, go. As Lindsay said, I need to talk to him about something."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 00:15:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash just nodded.

"Right." he said, jumping through the portal.

When it closed behind him, Lindsay sighed.

"All right, let's talk." he told her.

Sure enough, on the other side of the closed portal, Ash was not feeling the best. However, he completely pushed it aside and looked around. Indeed, he was in Emelie's office, indeed, he was alone, and indeed, there was a note.

He grabbed it and read it, the paper telling him that she had been expecting him, and that she could be found by the large windows... which was usual for her.

He pocketed the paper, and left the office, making his way to the location in question, finding the woman in question.

"Emelie." he said when he was close enough.

"What's going on with Ashley?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 00:20:05 )

Emelie didn't look over to him before just lightly closing the book she'd been writing in and sighing.

"You won't like it." She told him bluntly, candidly. Ash just sighed himself before shaking his head lightly.

"I've heard tha tbefore, a lot. Just tell me." He stated. Emelie didn't say anything for a moment before sighing, again.

"I literally cannot do anything to save her." She stated. "Outside of normal mortal means."

". . . there's been a blockage." She continued, her tone kind as was usual, but there was a certain weight to her words, something he wasn't used to hearing from her.

She was honestly worried.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 00:41:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"A BLOC-" Ash started to exclaim, before Emelie hushed him. This was still a medical wing, equivalent to a hospital, and people were trying to rest here. Volume levels needed to remain low.

"A blockage!?" Ash repeated in a sort of whispered exclamation.

"But... but how?" he asked.

"You're... well... you're you." he said, not wanting to reveal too much to those that shouldn't know. "There's... well, there isn't a whole lot that can stand up to you, to understate it." he went on.

"How is a blockage even possible?" he asked her.

"Who has that kind of power?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 00:47:33 )

"And here is what you won't like." Emelie started before holding a hadn up to stop anything that Ash may have wanted to say, as she was reasonably sure there was something he'd want to.

"A 'deal with the devil' is very much a real thing. There are people who have most certainly done it, ever since before I acquired my position, before my parents even considered a child." She paused before smirking lightly, "Before Vincent's parents were conceived, even." She knew that was a testamnet to time, after all.

"There is one that made a deal with my sister. The agreement involved her not dying before it was honestly her time - no accidental deaths - among other things," she continued before pausing. This entire situation pissed her off to no end, and the las tthing that was needed was a violent and vengeful god for the moment.

"But also that Liz and I could not interfere." She told him.

"At all. Period. If we were to do something via mortal means, that's fine. But we cannot do anything that is mana based to fix this, and that goes out to anything that she has in motion for plans." She paused, letting him absorb what she said. After a few seconds, she said the final piece.

"And she's the reason that Ashley is in her current state, and why I cannot do anything about it, aside from use mortal medical techniques to help. Dani has been able to come and use her mana to help, but that can only go so far with the alignments that they have."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 01:12:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash was stunned to the point of his jaw practically dropping.

"Ah... ah..." he stammered.

"Wow." he said.

"Guess... that shows just how much of a newbie I am in my new position." he went on, scratching the back of his head, and knowing that she would know what he was referring to.

"I didn't know that that could even be a thing." he continued.

"But all right. It's clear you know who this individual is." he then commented.

"Who is it?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 01:15:46 )

"You're.... very well aware of who it is." Emelie said simply. She didn't get anything from him though, which just net her pausing.

"Do you know Ashley's family name?" She then asked after a moment or two, wanting to see if he could come to the answer himself before she were to outright tell him. She was sure tha tmaybe, just maybe, it would go better.

Of course, she had absolutely no idea.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 01:37:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash froze.

"Wh... what...?" he stammered.

"No... no, that... that can't be..." he said.

"No, it... it just can't." he went on.

"Please tell me you're not serious." he almost pleaded, before colour drained from his face.

"....V... Vanessa..." he said in a hushed tone.

"SHE did this...?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.