Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Climax of Destruction

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 01:39:23 )

Emelie nodded.

"She did." She answered, knowing that he wouldn't like it, but also that he deserved to know.

"I believe she hunted Ashley out." She told him honestly. "But i do not know what exactly happened. That information, due to that fucking contract, is blocked from me." It was rare to hear her curse, extremely rare, and even rarer to hear the anger that was in her voice.

"But... I will do all I can to keep her alive. I just... I'm not sure when, or if, she'll wake, as I don't know what it was that Encrae did to her."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 01:55:05 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash looked angry... but it was being subdued by the sheer fear he felt deep inside him.

Emelie was angry. Genuinely angry. And she had just sworn.

He had to admit, it was a very frightening thing to behold.

"Ah..." he stammered.

"I... well... thank you." he said.

"I mean, that's... that's all I ask right now, considering the circumstances." he went on.

"But... but I mean, she's not going to DIE, right?" he asked.

"From what you've been able to determine so far, anyway?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 02:00:19 )

Emelie just sighed lightly before shaking her head.

"No... I don't think she will die." She answered honestly.

"I'm reasonably sure I have her quite stable for the moment." She paused here and just met his emerald gaze with her empty one.

'. . . but I can't say for certain. And even if I am right and she does survive this, I don't know how she'll be when she wakes." She admitted.

"I just... I have no idea. The only one I could ask... is nigh on unreachable, which is lovely."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 02:22:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I..." he stammered.

"I.... hm." he mumbled.

"Well, that's good that she's stable." he said.

"And... the only one you can ask? And they're unreachable?" he asked.

"Who?" he asked her, before pausing.

"Wait..." he said.

"Are you referring to Ana, or someone else...?" he then inquired.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 02:30:04 )

Emelie sighed.

"I could speak with Ana, yes, but she'd just beat around the bush and not answer me." She commented.

"But I'm speaking of Chronos." She said. "He's one of the only ones that are not affected or limited by that contract." She added.

"And he likes to avoid me, for reasons I've never been able to truly figure out."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 02:49:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Ash was silent once more.

"Ah, right." he said.

"Right, Chronos." he muttered.

"Don't think ANYONE can get ahold of him." he mumbled further.

"Welp, guess my future plans are on hold." he then said.

"And replaced with 'waiting here until Ashley wakes up'..." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 02:50:55 )

"You... would actually be best not putting your life on hold." Emelie commented after a moment or two.

'We don't know how long it will take, and it would be much better if you weren't just biding your time. Continue with your life, and you will be less likely to be driven absolutely mad by the end of it." She said with a light shrug.

"And if you hang around here, I'll put you to work."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 03:28:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"How can I just continue on with life, knowing THIS?" Ash asked in response.

"It... this is heavy shit. Vanessa is making things miserable for us still, and has now found a new way to do it." he continued.

"Now Ashley is unconscious." he said quietly.

"Just... this is infuriating, and stressful." he growled, before pausing.

"....uh... but I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir at this point." he then added.

"And you'll put me to work here? How?" he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 05:55:53 )

"Mostly cleaning. Plenty to be done, always." Emelie answered after a couple of seconds.

"Or perhaps as an errand boy, or the equivalent thereof." She added with a light shrug.

"I'm not entirely sure how for the moment, but I know I would findplenty."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 06:15:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" Ash was silent, before sighing.

"All right, I see what you're getting at." he told her.

"Busywork, mostly. As I know you have staff on hand for those." he went on.

"...you know, your threat of putting me to work isn't going to stop me from spending all my free time here, right?" he asked.

"I won't put my life on hold, but free time is free time." he reasoned.

"And I intend to spend it here, waiting for her to wake up." he went on, conviction in his tone.

"I assume at least THAT'S acceptable?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 06:18:45 )

Emelie nodded.

"It is. But don't think you'll be largely sitting around waiting. You'll be working." She said.

"I don't need, nor do I want, people sitting around in here doing nothing, after all. Plus a busy mind is better in situations like this, I think. Much better than an idle one."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 06:45:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash just pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Ngh." he grunted.

"Right." he said.

"Just... right. Understood." he said further.

"......" he was then silent for a moment, before sighing.

"Damn it." he cursed.

"If Vanessa were to disappear right now, the world would be better off."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 06:51:01 )

Emelie was silent for a moment beofre nodding with a sigh.

"It really would be." She agreed.

"And honestly, it has gotten to the point where I will do whatever I can to skirt the edge of that contract. I will use my mana to boost those that are going to deal with her, if I can." She told him honestly.

"The thing is, I don't know if I could." She continued. "I don't know how far the reach of trhat damned thing is."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 07:14:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash just sighed deeply.

"I don't know, either." he said.

"I just..." he muttered, shaking his head once more.

"This is frustrating beyond belief, and I wonder what we've done to deserve this torment." he continued, before pausing for a moment and looking towards Emelie once more.

"Er... hypothetically, that is." he clarified.

"That was more just a generic grievance over the situation, than a legit question." he told her, pausing yet again.

"...right, Lindsay's fancy way of speaking is creeping into MY vernacular now." he commented, before stopping once more. "AND his fancy words, too." he muttered, shaking his head.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 07:24:59 )

Emelie just chuckled lightly.

"Well, that truly isn't a surprise. Means that you're learning." She commented with a subtle smirk.

---

She arrived back at the base, rather weakened (but that was unsurprising) as she made her way through the halls. It didn't take long before she reached what was, in essence, the master suite of the place and just sank into one of the rather plush chairs she had. She laid her head back and closed the one good eye she had, trying to just recuperate at least a bit.

That had been far more taxing on her than had been expected. Sure it had been a couple months by this point since her face was fucked up and she could largely handle the mana leak by this point, but that had still been rather taxing on her. She wasn't there long before she heard footsteps approaching down the hall. She didn't know who it was, but there was a very small number of people that she would allow in this area of the bunker.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 07:48:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The one that the footsteps had belonged to was Azari, and he knocked lightly, sticking his head in.

"Madam?" he addressed her.

"How are you doing?" he asked.

"I know it's been a bit since... the incident, but you were gone longer than expected." he continued.

"Is everything all right? Relatively speaking?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 07:53:03 )

Vanessa was silent as he said what he did, before she just relaxed a bit and got comfy again.

"I was ready to just destroy whomever it was that was coming to bother me." She stated. "You're lucky I like you."

"I'll recover. Things are just... far more taxing than expected, still." She commented after a moment or two. "But it's what I need to deal with."

"Worth it, kind of, for the massive power boost I got. Meant I was finally able to 'infect' my sister."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 08:04:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Azari was quiet for a moment, thankful, indeed, that Vanessa liked him.

It had just saved his skin, apparently.

"Your sister?" he asked.

"Ah, Ashley." he recalled, having remembered Vanessa speaking about her in the past.

"And you ran into her?" he asked further, before shaking his head.

"Infected." he then said, using the term that SHE had used. "I admit, that sounds... delightfully cunning."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 08:12:56 )

"Yes, infected. One thing that I learned why trying to get a handle on this mana leak and not die, was that it's very easy for me to spread my mana now." Vanessa said.

"The notes are on my desk there," she motioned toward the far wall, where there was quite a large L-shaped desk.

'If you want to look through them. But for a summation... basically I can put a large seed of my mana into someone, and their own mana will work with it. It won't be viewed as an outside source or anything, which is bloody brilliant." She paused before smirking.

"Then it'll leak out of the infected."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 08:16:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....wow." Azari muttered, making his way to the desk and looking over the notes.

He skimmed through them, poured over them, and even closely studied a few parts, but he tried his best to be quick about it, getting a more detailed summation of what was happening to Vanessa.

"Huh." he said.

"This... this is really something." he commented.

"It's... brilliant. Like a virus that mimics the victim's DNA, so it won't be attacked as a foreign body." he went on.

"Your control... your reach... it will spread on its own."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.