Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Forging Ones Future

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 21:22:39 )

Madison was silent before sighing and accepting the mirror. She didn't say anything about how it was convenient he had it, as she didn't really feel now was the time, before bracing herself and taking a look at her reflection.

What she saw.... It stunned her momentarily.

Her face was more pale, not drastically but enough that those who knew her would be able to identify it. Her eyes seemed to have a bit more of an ethereal glow, and looked a bit sharper. Her hair seemed to fade at the ends, seeming to fade into wisps and nothing more.

The biggest change was her neck. She had what looked to be a small black chain tattooed around it, and from what she could tell, it went all the way around.

"...... Well then....." was all she said as she handed the mirror back.

"Thanks." She said, not saying anything else for the moment due to surprise. She hadn't expected that, but at the same time kinda did. She knew what she had nearly become, but didn't know how it would leave it's mark. She thought the chain was the only thing.

Apparently, there were some aesthetic changes too.

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 22:21:01 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yup." Gregory commented.

"As you can see, you've been through some changes." he said.

"Granted, the changes to your face are minor. Only people that are used to seeing you will notice a difference." he went on.

"Yup." the bartender agreed.

"But the new tattoo is hard to miss." Gregory commented.

"You might want to use your scarf to hide it some." he suggested.

"Or not. It's your decision." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 22:25:14 )

Madison just sighed.

"Well, at least it's not anythign too alarming." She commented.

"But yeah... the scarf was already a set piece of my look anyway." She then added before taking a drink of what she'd been given.

"Still... never thought that this would hae happened." She admitted.

"Oh, also, Gregory, I'm sorry for vanishing for an extra couple of weeks. I ,.. had to get my head on straight."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 23:11:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gregory just sighed.

"Well, whatever." he said.

"I suppose I can understand that." he told her.

"Do, does this mean you've returned to your duties?" he then inquired.

"Because without you doing it, it's been hectic out there." he continued.

"Are you prepared to return to your responsibilities as a reaper?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 23:27:06 )

Madison just chuckled lightly as Gregory asked his question.

I'm chained permanently to my Scythe." She commented.

" And beyond that, the extra child reaper was let off the hook today anyway. That school that went up In flames... The young that didn't survive have been went off all ready." She added.

"So yeah. I'm bsck. And I don't scare kids any more than I used to, thankfully."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/8 04:03:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Good." Gregory replied.

He then raised his glass to her.

"Cheers." he said.

"For finally coming to ones senses and remembering what's important." he said further.

The bartender just laughed lightly.

"And for Gregory not going off the deep end now." he said further.

Gregory just shot him a glare, before sighing heavily.

"...I cannot deny that." he admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/8 04:12:02 )

Madison copied Gregory before laughing.

"Happy to help!" She said with another laugh.

".... Now, do you want to do?"She asked Gregory after taking the cheered drink.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/8 04:30:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....no idea." Gregory admitted.

"I've mostly just spent my time here." he told her.

"He's not lying." the bartender confirmed.

"Suppose I should get back to my job..." Gregory mumbled.

"Be more just a reaper, less of a GRIM reaper..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/8 04:35:42 )

Madison just sighed lightly

[b"That.....would likely be a good idea."[/b] She commented.

" Come on. You've got a plane crash in twenty to tend to."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/8 04:53:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gregory sighed.

"Yeah. I'm aware." he said.

"Suppose I should be there to 'greet' them." he grumbled.

-Some time later-

Chris was silent as he was carrying some papers down the hall for his new boss, when he heard some voices yelling and arguing from inside her office.

"NO!" a male one bellowed.

"I don't CARE about a settlement!" he told her.

"I want to take them to the cleaners! I deserve that much!" he went on.

"I don't care how reasonable their offer is!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/8 05:07:09 )

"The problem with that, is you have a very weak case." She stated, her voice calm and collected. Inside, she was boiling though.

He was being insufferable.

"We could most certainly have it that you walk away with a rather nice result." She continued before sighing, "or we can take it to court and finish this there, with a very high chance of you walking away with nothing, and having to pay both my fees, along with theirs."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/8 05:26:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris heard the man growl... audibly.

"I know what I deserve!' he told her.

"And I intend to get it! Whether or not it is HERE!" he went on.

"I'm Zachary Thomb, and WILL get my dues!" he announced.

"....." Chris was silent as he heard this. He remembered her complaining to Rene about how this case would be a real boost for her firm if she closed it with him being satisfied, but if he abandoned her firm for another one, it would be a big smudge on her reputation.

It was at that point, that one of the other employees ran up towards the room, and poked their head in.

"Emergency!" the said to the woman.

"You're needed in room 5B, please!" they added.

"......" hearing that, Chris started to get an idea.

"If you're going to go, then go." Mr. Thomb told the woman. "Maybe you'll realise that I'm right when you step away."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/8 05:33:42 )

She just sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Just stay put. We will continue this conversation once I return." She stated simply as she got to her feet.

"If you do leave, trust me. You will lose the case. Your case is very flimsy, I doubt anyone could even have a possible win for you from it, aside from me. And even then, I'm a slim chance. I'm just your best bet." She was fully aware of how he knew that was true. After another second or two, she left with who popped their head in, not even noticing Chris.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/8 05:51:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man continued to growl as she left.

She made her way to the room in question, where she needed to diffuse a situation that was getting heated. To which she did. It didn't even take her a minute.

However, as she finished, she heard her client back in her office screaming at someone.

And it sounded like things were getting worse. As though he was on the verge of exploding on them.

But then... it went silent.

No yelling, nothing. It just ended... abruptly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/8 05:53:26 )

She was silent before sighing lightly, making sure that she wasn't needed there any longer. She didn't say anything after a momet before heading back, feeling like she really had to check in, make sure that everything was all right there.

That had been quite ominous, and she didn't know if she could properly deal with anything were to actually come from it - well, if there was a problem that is.

She made her way there and sighed lightly.

"Everything all right in here?" She asked as she stepped into the room again.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/8 06:12:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When she stepped inside, she saw Chris was there, apparently talking to Mr. Thomb.

"...so do you see where she's coming from? How this is really the best option?" he asked him.

"I do." Thomb replied.

"I can see now that... well... to pursue this would be a waste of time and resources. And if the case were to fall through, I'd never live it down." he reasoned.

He then turned to the woman, and nodded.

"I'm ready to accept the settlement." he told her.

"..." Chris was silent, before sighing lightly.

"I'll get back to organising those papers." he said to her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/8 06:15:57 )

"Please do." She told Chris after a moment.

"I need to talk to you afterward." She then said, before he left.

"As for you, let's get all this signed and good to go then." She added after a moment ort wo.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/8 06:29:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......yes, Ma'am." Chris replied.

With that, he left the room as the two began to talk.

Time passed, and he was approached at the end of the day, as everyone was leaving and such.

He glanced at her, and sighed.

"Right, you wanted to have a... chat... with me." he said.

"Well... may as well right now." he reasoned.

"We're... well, almost the only ones left."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/8 06:31:20 )

She nodded before looking around. After the last couple had cleared out, she sighed as she leaned her hip against the desk she was by.

"All right. Tell me." She started.

"Did you force that out of him?" She asked, her tone not accusational, but curious.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/8 06:54:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Chris was silent for a moment, before sighing.

"No." he replied. "I didn't." he said.

"I... I DID use my mana, though..." he then admitted quietly.

"I simply... well... made him more agreeable. I made it so that he could... see other sides. See things... other ways..." he mumbled further.

"...maybe, technically, one can say I sort of forced him..." he then admitted, hanging his head a little.

"I just... this case was a big one for you." he commented. "And... if you lose the client, or lost in court, it would be a smudge on your reputation." he went on.

"I didn't want that to happen." he told her.

"So I... well... steered things towards a happy ending for everyone."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.