Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Forging Ones Future

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 04:48:20 )

"Staying with Kalin and Rene." Ashley answered.

"And mom." She then added, knowing that the fact that Syraene hadn't come to him with problems, yet obviously knew that the elf was there, would say a lot more than anything they could say would.

"So do with that, what you will." She added with a shrug.

"Me, I'm heading back downstairs. I'm getting another headache."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 05:03:58 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Vincent was silent as he heard this.

"Syraene..." he muttered.

"Hm." he mumbled.

"Very well." he said to Ashley, before looking at Lindsay.

"I'm going to test you." he told him, causing Lindsay to nod in response.

-Later-

Vincent stood at the door to Kalin's home, and sighed.

"All right." he said, ringing the doorbell.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 05:05:24 )

There was silence before the door opened, revealing Kalin.

"Oh, hey Vincent." she said, stepping out of the way.

"Come on in." She then said before pausing.

"And... explain why you're here? You don't usually make house visits here."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 05:19:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I don't." Vincent replied, entering the home.

"But these are unique circumstances." he told her.

"I'm here to speak with two people." he said.

"The first one is Syraene." he informed her.

"...and the second one is Jenkins." he went on.

"I need to start learning some of the whole story as to what is going on at the Fyrane manor."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 05:26:04 )

Kalin sighed lightly.

". . . didn't even consider you'd be here fo rhim." She admitted.

"Have a seat in the den, I'll get them both on their way to you." She added as she closed the door.

"Not sure what either are doing, admittedly."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 05:42:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent just nodded.

"Very well." he said.

He then made his way to the den, and sat down in one of the chairs.

'Right.' he thought.

'Casey probably won't like what I have to say after this.' he went on.

Syraene seemed to trust Chris... and he trusted the dark elf implicitly.

But he was still confused and annoyed at what was going on.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 05:43:52 )

Kalin headed off to find her targets, or at least one of them.

Soon enough, Vincent heard footsteps appraoching, before the form of an elf that he hadn't seen in quite awhile came around the corner.

'You're here about the freak, aren't you?" She asked as she sat down.

"Can't say I'm entirely surprised. I am surprised it took you this long."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 06:00:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent just shook his head.

"I didn't know about it until now." he said.

"Casey informed me of it." he went on.

"And 'freak', you say?" he asked.

"Heh." he chuckled.

"...yeah... yeah, that's about right." Chris said quietly as he entered the room.

".......Jenkins." Vincent greeted him, venom in his tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 06:03:30 )

"One of these days, we need to figure out WHAT to call you." Syraene commented to Chris before sighing.

"Look, ask your questions. Let's try to do this without any attacks. He's already pretty badly burnt from Casey's electricity." She added after a moment before taking a seat.

"Trust me, I think you'll be surprised."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 06:30:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent raised an eyebrow.

"Oh?" he asked.

Chris sighed and responded by lifting up his shirt and showing the wound on his chest.

"...good lord." Vincent said quietly. "That... I was unaware she was even capable of inflicting wounds of that calibre." he commented.

"She is." Chris responded.

With that, the three of them started to talk, but it was mostly Chris giving Vincent a truncated version of his life story, but getting all the important parts in.

"...so you're completely free of Vanessa's control, and Lindsay is helping you try and find out who you are." Vincent said. "Is that correct?" he asked.

"It is." Chris confirmed.

"And you believe him?" Vincent then asked Syraene.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 06:32:46 )

Syraene nodded.

"I do." She told him honestly.

"When Vana brought him in, he wasn't entirely innocent... but he wasn't the twisted fuck that he'd become for so long." She continued.

"I may not be impressed with him being here or alive still, I cannot argue that he deserves a proper chance at life."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 06:55:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris just sighed.

"I'm not asking for anyone to accept me." he said.

"Heaven and Hell knows that you're all within your rights to ignore me." he went on.

"But... but Dr. Fyrane has been showing that... if I can prove to be someone good... to be who I could have been without Vanessa or my sister... then maybe even someone like ME has a right to live." he told Vincent.

"....." Vincent was silent, before pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Casey is NOT going to like this." he said.

"Like what?" Chris asked.

"The fact that I actually agree with you two." Vincent muttered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 06:59:25 )

"Of course she won't." Syraene commented.

". . . Casey's stubborn." She continued, her voice softening a bit.

"Painfully so. She gets that from her mother and Gregory... but honestly? Give her time and ... I think... maybe... she'll lighten up a bit." She paused ebfore sighing.

". . . she might honestly attack you though, Vincent. I have no clue."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 07:27:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent just groaned.

"She might." he said.

"I'm sorry." Chris apologised. "This is all my fault." he said further.

"No." Vincent replied.

"You have blame in this, yes, but it's not ALL your fault." he told him.

"This is just so many different things coalescing together to make the perfect storm, so to speak." he continued.

"I still don't like you. And I can never forgive you for what you did to Madison." he then told him further. "But... I must learn to not be shackled to the past. I need to try and move on, as hard as it may be." he went on.

"...and part of that is acknowledging that you have a right to try and have the life you were denied."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 07:30:33 )

"That's... what I'm not sure that Casey can do." Syraene commented with a light sigh.

"I just... I dunno. I'm actually kinda worried about it." She paused a moment.

"She's terrified that this one here is going to just... flip a switch and be an ass again."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 07:45:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Is her concern valid?" Vincent asked Chris.

"I don't know." Chris replied.

"All she's known is who I used to be. How can I blame her for thinking that way?" he asked rhetorically.

"Just because someone says they're different, and that they've changed, doesn't mean they have." he went on.

"And you have." Vincent stated.

"I like to think I'm on the road to trying to begin to make up for my past." Chris responded.

"I don't think I ever can. I've done too much, scarred too many, but maybe I can show that the Christopher Jenkins that people once knew is long gone. And is never coming back."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 07:50:41 )

Syraene was silent for a moment before chuckling lightly.

"How about a name change?" She suggested.

"Leave the name of the asshole you were in teh past." She then said. "Take a new name, to go along with your new identity."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 08:15:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Chris was silent, before thinking about it.

"I... hm." he mumbled.

"I suppose that... IS an option." he admitted.

"It is." Vincent agreed.

"But is that running away from my past?" Chris asked. "Like, does that show that I'm really, actually, a coward, and can't face up to what I did, so I hide behind a new name?" he asked further.

"...I don't pretend to be a psychologist, or a psychiatrist." Vincent chimed in. "But Christopher Jenkins was ruined a long time ago. He never had his chance to be who he was, and a long sordid history of use and abuse may have ruined that completely." he said.

"You're already starting a new identity. A fresh start, once can say. So a new name might be just what you need to help YOU remove the shackles keeping you attached to your past." he went on.

"Believe me, it's hard to believe such words coming out of my mouth, towards yourself, feels extremely strange. But I can see that the things you did in your past were... well... an extension of Vanessa's claws." he then sighed.

"It wouldn't be right to have you bare the full burden of her sins." he finished.

"...." Chris was silent for a moment, before nodding.

"I'll consider it." he said. "And bring it up with Dr. Fyrane." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 21:17:44 )

Syraene nodded.

"That's all I figured would happen. Consideration." She told him after a moment or two.

"It's something to think about." She shrugged lgihtly. "Why not have a completely fresh start? I'm sure Lindsay would agree anyway."

"Regardless, Vincent, is there anything else?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/5 04:13:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent just sighed in response.

"...no. No, there isn't." he said.

"I... came to find out what's going on, and I found out what's going on." he reasoned.

"I just... never in my wildest dreams thought that it would be something like THIS." he admitted.

"And Casey isn't going to like this, I won't lie to her." he went on.

"Regardless, I'll be leaving now." he said.

"And YOU." he said to Chris, before pausing.

"Never mind." he muttered. "I'm sure you've heard the whole 'thin ice' stuff from everyone else." he reasoned. "No need for me to chime in on that repetitive chorus."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.