Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Forging Ones Future

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 07:35:34 )

"The heart of any living being - barring those with an attunement to electricity - can only handle so much." Casey commented.

"I'd probanbyl end up stopping your heart if I'd left it. And honestly? While I don't really care about what happens to you, I don't think I have it in me to actually be the one who kills somsone." She admittedly.

"For whatever that's worth."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 07:39:50 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"....it's worth a lot, to me." Chris responded.

"....." he was then silent, before grabbing one of the pictures from the box.

"...this one... I feel... I should have this one." he told her.

"Is it all right if I have it?" he asked her.

"I know you said that I could have any of the ones here, but... I feel I should get permission."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 07:42:59 )

"Already gave you permission." Casey then said before sitting down on the stool she had in there.

"So take it." She added.

"They basically stay in that box. I don't have the heart to destroy them, nor do I have the drive to sell 'em or whatever."[b] She added before sighing lightly.

[b]"I'm just... not entirely sure what to do with them. Don't want to hang them because of how dark the contents are, though."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 08:09:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...I feel this would be a needed reminder for me." Chris told her.

"Just... yeah. I feel that I should have this one." he reiterated, before seeing some of the paintings that seemed to reference her ex... and he felt sorrow upon witnesses them.

"....I guess I should go now, assuming I'm allowed." he then added.

It was at that point, Gregory reappeared, and removed his mana from the door.

"Go." he ordered him.

"...right." Chris mumbled.

He then met Casey's eyes once more, gave her a small nod, and slowly left the room, the painting going alongside him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 08:13:11 )

Casey didn't say anything as Chris left before turning on Gregory.

"And what the fuck was the reasoning for all that?" She asked, her tone a bit pointed.

"There's gotta b e more to this. You havne't actually interfered like that in... quite awhile."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 08:32:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Gregory was silent, before sighing.

"...ever since he showed up... and... it's been getting worse ever since you found out..." he said, trailing off a bit.

"Your mother's been getting harder and harder to locate." he told her.

"I'm having difficulty finding her. I only see her when she wants to be seen." he informed Casey further.

"And you KNOW that I can find anyone when I need to or want to." he said.

"...it's concerning me." he then admitted candidly.

"Greatly."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 08:34:30 )

Casey froze when Gregory mentioned that her mother wasn't finding her for the moment.

"Wait... what?" She asked.

"It can't be good that you can't find her." She said after a moment or two.

"She's dead. She works with you. Shouldn't she be easy to find?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 09:05:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gregory just crossed his arms over his chest.

"...it's not good." he confirmed.

"She IS dead. And she DOES perform reaper duties, with myself as her... well... supervisor, I suppose?" he went on. "In theory, she should be VERY easy to find. She shouldn't be able to hide from me at all." he continued.

"So it's been concerning me greatly that I've been increasingly unable to reliably contact or find her." he said further.

"Part of me wondering if Chris has something to do with it, or your unease and anger or what-have-you is causing her to be like this, but... I dunno. I thought it might help." he admitted.

"....." he was then silent, before looking away some.

"There's one thing that comes to mind when I try and come up with a reason for this." he told her absently. "But it can't be that... it just can't..." he added quietly and ominously... almost... worriedly.

-Some time later-

The man sighed as he appeared a fair distance away from Chris, who was sitting down outside, just trying to appreciate the nature that surrounded him, but felt increasingly uneasy. Almost as though the coldness of the grave was washing over him.

However, the one that had just arrived was not interested in Chris... even though he was going directly towards the man. As he started to get closer, he made sure his presence was concealed, so that no living being would sense he was there.

But one would. And he intended for them to.

"All right." he said when he was close enough.

"You having fun?" he inquired.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 09:07:03 )

She sighed.

"The hell do you want?" She asked, her voice notably sharper than it had been before.

"Not like I'm causing problems." She added after a moment or two.

"So what the hell are you doing here?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 09:26:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." the man was silent, before pursing his lips.

"I'm here to maybe stop you from ruining a lot of lives right now." he told her, stepping up closer.

"I've noticed you're... spending a lot of time with him, lately." he went on, glancing at Chris.

"Any reason why?" he inquired.

"Didn't think you cared so much about him." he said further.

"So why are you hovering around him like this?" he wondered aloud.

He then narrowed his eyes slightly... he knew what he would need to do here... but maybe the woman could see what was happening without his help. That would be optimal... but he doubted it.

Still... he was giving her a chance.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 11:00:10 )

"How the hell am I going to do that?" She asked, not turning to face him.

"I still go do my reaper duties. Kids don't die the most often, and there was another appointed what, a year ago?" She asked. "So that's not an issue either."

"So tell me, what the bloody fuck are you getting at?" There was impatience, ire, and a threat in her voice. It wasn't easy to identify any of those pieces specifically, though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 21:41:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." the man was silent, before sighing heavily.

"I guess I REALLY AM needed here." he muttered quietly.

He then raised a hand above his head, and a sword materialised in it. It wasn't Rafael's sword by any means, but it was still a sword that belonged to an archangel, and it contained imposing power, nonetheless.

He then swiftly pointed the blade between the woman and Chris... which caused something to come into view.

A chain.

A chain that was connected to the two of them. It wasn't quite solid, but it was definitely noticeable now.

"THAT." he told her.

"Are you prepared to spend the rest of your afterlife as one of THEM!?" he exclaimed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 23:15:52 )

She was silent for a moment before sighing, her demeanor seeming to change drastically with the revelation.

"I didn't... Time just.... vanishes without one reaslising it." She said quietly. She was most certainly shocked, and it wasn't hard to tell.

". . . how long?" She asked.

"As in how long do I have?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 23:23:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man, Uriel, just shrugged.

"Beats me." he admitted.

"...all right, that's a lie." he then said.

"Seems as though you have... maybe a month at most?" he commented.

"And after that, the chain will solidify, and you will forever be with Chris, unable to interact with anyone... or anything else." he told her.

"A wraith."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 23:31:20 )

". . . All right." she said. "Thank you." She added before sighing lightly. She didn't want to be bound to him, but also knew that just not wanting it wouldn't be enough. She had to actually pull herself away, and she couldn't get an easy ticket out by someone doing it. She had to choose it and leave of her own volition for it to stick, to count.

She knew that. Uriel knew she knew that.

"At least now I know."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 23:45:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"And that is all I can do." Uriel replied.

"I wish I could do more, but... well... there's only so much that can BE done in a situation like this." he admitted with a small sigh.

"Regardless, the ball is in your court." he then said, before pausing. "To be more clear, the ball was always in your court, you just now know it." he clarified, before clearing his throat.

"And I am off." he told her.

"May you make the right decision." he said.

"Or... at the very least, one you feel you can live with."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 04:08:15 )

She sighed lightly.

"I know." She said simply.

"Thank you." She added, and he could hear the gratitude in her voice.

b]"I may not know what it is that is to come, but thank you for the heads up, regardless."[/b]

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 04:29:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Uriel dissipated his sword, and nodded.

"Right." he said.

"I'm going now." he told her.

"As I said, now you know the ball is in your court. What you do now is entirely your decision." he finished.

With that, a pillar of light shot down from the sky, engulfed him, and he disappeared when the light dimmed, causing Chris to suddenly scan his surrounding area, as though he'd just missed something.

Uriel appeared in the heaven realm, and just sighed.

"I did it." he told the one that he knew was behind him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 04:35:32 )

"Thank you, Uriel." A calm voice said from behind him. He could hear her gratitude clear as day, asw well.

"I know I could have stepped in an interfered myself, but that it also would not have looked the best." She then said. "my sister and I can only interefere in that style under very specific circumstances."

"As a thank you, take Aimee somewhere she wants to go, but hasn't had a chance. I'll contact Hollie on her behalf to get the time off." She continued. "Go take a week or two and just.. be with her. You technicallybroke the rules for me, so you've certainly earned it."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 04:46:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Uriel was silent for a moment, before sighing heavily.

"All right." he said.

"I appreciate it." he told her.

"...all we do now is wait." he then mumbled.

"Just because she's now aware of this, doesn't mean she'll beat it." he reasoned.

"...I hope she does." he told her candidly.

"She's too nice a person to become a wraith."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.