Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Forging Ones Future

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 04:54:56 )

"It may already be too late for her. I honestly don't know." She said simply.

"I really hope it isn't, as there's far more bad that would come from it if it is." She then admitted.

"I may have to speak with Ana, get her help to make sure that Madison doesn't succumb."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 05:11:40 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Uriel was silent when he heard that.

"Best of wishes with THAT." he said.

"Ana does her own thing, and as far as I'm aware, nobody can influence her." he muttered.

"But... I hope Madison DOES get past this." he went on.

"I get the feeling there'll be a catastrophic domino effect if she undergoes the transformation." he said ominously.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 05:20:21 )

"That's... part of the problem." She admitted.

"Gregory, for instance, started to actually care again because of Madison. I don't think Casey and Desiree will be enough for him." She continued.

"And it'll just derail from there. I'd rather not have that happen...." She let out a heavy breath here.

"I'm going to go see if I can talk to her."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 05:35:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....have fun." Uriel said.

"Not sure if anyone else can help her see reason." he muttered.

"But you can try." he said further.

"I'm going to go see Aimee." he then told her.

"Try and get my mind off of this development." he mumbled, before sighing.

"...and Gregory even managed to get an uneasy truce between Casey and Chris, in the hopes it would help." he then commented.

"Now THAT'S dedication to someone."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 05:43:21 )

"Yeah... I'll say." She commented.

"He's been avoiding me, as well." She admitted with a light sigh.

---

She made her way into the building, ignoring the looks she got, ignoring everyone around her for the moment. She was looking for one person in specific, and she was sure that he would be there, as she couldn't get a read on his location like she normally could.

As she did in fact see his red hair, she approached him before sighing. She didn't know if he'd be interested in seeing her, or at least wouldn't believe she was who she was saying. Her hesitation caused her scarf to go and wrap softly around his shoulders. She just sighed before taking a seat next to him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 06:15:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man sitting there didn't seem to react to the scarf wrapping around him, but he sighed as he held onto his glass when she sat down.

"...so." he said when he did.

"Finally decided to come see me?" he asked.

"Well, fine then." he went on, slamming down the liquid.

"Hit me!" he told the bartender, to which the man nodded.

"Sure thing, G." he said quietly.

"Hey, Mad." he then greeted the woman.

"Long time, no see."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 06:17:27 )

". . . You know I'm not fond of that shortened version." She commented with a sigh.

"I know Madison, but it rolls off the tongue quicker and easier." Was their reply. She just chuckled lightly.

"all right, that's fair." She then said before looking to the one she'd come to see.

"Yo. You gonna pull yourself outta this funk at leat a bit so we can talk?" Madison asked before sighing, again.

"Or should I just go ... somewhere else?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 06:44:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Gregory was silent, still, as the bartender poured him another shot.

"You went somewhere else for a while." he then said.

"Refused to come see me, have anything to DO with me." he went on.

"...so, what happened?" he inquired.

"Why'd you stop?" he inquired further.

"You seemed pretty dead-set on separating yourself from... well... everyone except that Chris."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 06:48:11 )

"I got caught up in my own hatred." Was Madison's answer.

"I hadn't wanted to do it." She continued.

"I hadn't realised that I was one that could. I didn't even know I had that apart of me." She continued before sighing.

"Thankfully, I learned it pretty quickly before it was too late."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 07:23:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gregory raised an eyebrow.

"Hm?" he muttered.

"I don't think it was a speedy as you're putting it." he told her.

"I can practically feel it emanating off of you." he went on.

"........" he was then silent again, before letting go of his glass.

"...but at least you're here. And you still seem to be you." he admitted.

"Gregory here's been trying as hard as he can to drown his sorrows in our wares." the bartender told Madison. "...haven't seen him do that since... well... before he met you." he admitted after recalling the memory.

"...really wish this stuff affected me sometimes." Gregory mumbled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 07:26:23 )

"I mean ... It was quick when it clicked. I was barely able to, and I learned right quick AS I learned it." Madison clarified before sighing.

"And that's... sad." She then said before looking to Gregory again.

". . .is there anything I can do?" She asked the reaper, concern and care in her voice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 07:48:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gregory continued to stare forward, before he turned his gaze towards her.

"....." he was silent, his eyes hardened and angry... before they softened slightly.

"........don't leave me again." he said.

"I almost lost you this time. Permanently." he went on.

"Nobody would have been happy with that." he told her.

"He's not lying." the bartender chimed in.

"Madison, your presence in his life has made things SO much better in this afterlife."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 07:50:24 )

Madison just sighed.

"I... honestly? I wouldn't doubt it." She admitted after a second or two.

"If only just because he doesn't have to collect children anymore. I know that was the one he detested the most, and it showed." She added before looking to Gregory.

"I have no intention of going anywhere. Don't worry." She just smirked lightly.

"Even something that honestly TRIED to tear me away couldn't do it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 08:11:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Gregory's expression didn't seem to change, but Madison saw a hint of a soft smile.

"Good." he replied.

"So." he then said.

"What did it?" he inquired.

"What finally pushed you to tear yourself away from Chris?' he inquired further.

"Surely there was that ONE thing that made you realise that you didn't want this to happen." he reasoned.

"So what was the straw that crushed the camel's spine?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 08:13:20 )

Madison sighed lightly.

"Something that is very expected, considering who I am." She answered.

"Oh?"

". . my daughter, Casey." She then said. "I felt her attempting to summon me, but I literally couldn't respond. I tried, and I couldn't. I tbroke my heart." She told him honestly.

"And that's when it seemed like whatever glass ball I was in just shattered."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 08:39:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gregory just nodded, and visibly smiled.

"I guessed as much." he said.

"But didn't want to assume." he told her.

"....still. Good that you pulled yourself out of it." he went on.

"Have a shot." he offered.

"....." he was then silent, before looking at her again.

"So." he mumbled.

"What are you carrying around now?" he inquired, subtly telling her he was curious as to what the remnants of her almost-transformation were.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 08:44:11 )

Madison just sighed before causing her bear to appear on the bar ahead of them, a chain going from the bear to her wrist.

"Sadly, there is something." She said.

"But it's nigh on limitlessly extendable, from what I can tell. And there are worse things to be connected to." She added with a shrug.

"I keep my bear close to me at all times, as I need to due to what I am anyway." She added.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 09:05:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"This is true." Gregory admitted.

"At least that part's minimal." he said.

"Though your other reminder, less so." he went on.

"At least you'll be able to hide it easily enough." he then reasoned.

"Here you go, Madison." the bartender said to her, handing her her fave mixture.

"On the house." he laughed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 09:09:25 )

"Oh, thanks." Madison said with a soft smile as she accepted the drink before looking back to Gregory.

"Wait... what?" She asked.

"What are you getting at?" She asked, her voice curious, and almost concerned. She honestly had no idea what the hell he could have been referring to, and wasn't entirely sure she wanted to know."[/b]

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 09:26:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....ah, I see." Gregory said.

"You are unaware of it." he commented.

The bartender sighed, before digging behind the bar, and producing a small mirror... but it was big enough for her to see from her shoulders up.

"Here." he said to her.

"Take a bit of a look." he told her.

Gregory merely sighed.

"Let's just say you'll be even more glad you wear a scarf." he said cryptically.

"You'll see what I mean." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.