Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Forging Ones Future

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/5 18:04:25 )

He was met with silence, but that wasn't anything too surprising.

---

Time went on, and Chris didn't cause any issues. Casey was avoiding home any time that he was there, so as to not start anything, but she hadn't done anything for that burn either.

Currently, she was in the room she'd claimed as her studio, sorting through some paints.

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/5 22:02:42 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Suddenly, as if out of nowhere, a bladed weapon... a scythe... seemed to materialise in the air. Or, rather, the blade did... as though the implement had been stuck through something. The blade sliced down, forming a slit in the air, to which a pair of hands came out from it and pushed it apart. A figure then stepped through... a cloaked figure, wielding said scythe.

Casey knew them well, it was Gregory, one of the reapers she was in regular contact with, the other being her mother.

"All right, you." he said to her, his tone... a little on the dark side.

"We need to talk." he told her.

"And it's about Jenkins... or whatever he goes by now, I'm not paying attention." he continued.

"So. Are you about ready to at least try and coincide alongside him, and not hide from him?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/5 23:38:53 )

Casey just sighed.

"I'm not hiding from him." She stated.

"I'm avoiding a confrontation because I KNOW I'm not going to be able keep calm and not attack him." She added. It wasn't hard to tell that there was more to it, though.

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/5 23:58:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gregory narrowed his eyes and got closer towards her.

"That's not all." he said.

"I can tell." he told her.

"I can see that you're hiding something from me." he went on.

"So how about you stop acting as though you're not, hm?" he then said further.

"Or are you going to be stubbornly persistent about this?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 02:38:15 )

Casey just rolled her eyes.

"I don't like him, and I hate how everyone seems to be trying to make me like him." She stated simply.

"I don't care what happens to him. So buzz off, Gregory."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 03:19:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

That did it.

Something seemed to snap in Gregory's mind, and the atmosphere around them grew more ominous.

"No!" he told her in an almost commanding voice.

"I will NOT buzz off!" he said

He then disappeared from where he was for a brief moment, before returning with Chris, holding him by the collar, and then dropping him on the floor.

"Wh-what's going on!?" Chris exclaimed. "I was just here for an emergency session with Dr-" he started to say, before Gregory interrupted.

"SILENCE!" he demanded, before slamming the door shut and using his mana to seal it.

"You two are going to talk, and you're going to do it NOW!" he told the two of them. "I am absolutely fed up with all this bullshit, and I do NOT need to have to concern myself with this, when there are OTHER matters that are pressing on me!" he went on.

"So you two! Clear. The. Air." he ordered.

"And I... mean... NOW!" he finished, a burst of mana shaking the room on the last syllable.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 03:29:48 )

". . . Gregory, what gives?" Casey asked as she just crossed her arms.

"I hate this ass, and I am completely disinterested in giving him the time of day for anything." She continued. "So why the fuck are you forcing this?" She was starting to sound annoyed and impatient, but at the same time, there was more to that to her voice. It was subtle, but there was most certainly venom there too.

"The fuck do you expect to happen? You know this isn't going to go well, right?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 03:50:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gregory responded by getting uncomfortably close to her.

"I do not care what happens." he told her.

"If you destroy him, you destroy him, if you don't, you don't." he went on.

"Just... for the love of your mother, CLEAR THE DAMN AIR!" he yelled.

He then floated away, behind Chris.

"Whatever happens, happens. But just see to it that you are both extremely clear as to where you stand with each other." he went on.

"You're not leaving this room until things are settled, or one of you dies."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 04:03:10 )

"Oh for the love of..." Casey growled.

"Fine. Fuck off, Gregory. Want us to do our own shit? Fuckl off so we bloody well can." She snapped.

"And you're going to explain to me after WHY you're such an asshole for no reason." She then said before shaking her head.

"And why you're so determined for this sack of shit to be given a fucking chance."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 04:23:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gregory just sighed.

"Never said that last part." he told her.

"Just do it." he snapped, before he disappeared.

"...I'm sorry." Chris then chimed in.

"I... this... I never wanted..." he stammered, before hanging his head.

"Oh, what's the point..." he mumbled.

"Odds are you think everything I do is part of some grand plan to still bring Vanessa's plans to fruition."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 04:31:16 )

Casey just sighed.

"So convince me otherwise." She stated simply.

"Convince me that you aren't here for that bitch, that you're actually trying to be a good person."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 04:54:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....how?" Chris inquired.

"How can I prove this to you?" he pleaded.

"I know actions are better than words, but... but how do I show you with my actions?" he went on.

"I haven't made a move towards anyone in this group... it'd been proven that my mana hasn't been used here." he told her. "Ashley and Miss Syraene have both said they trust me..." he continued.

"Granted, Miss Syraene is... well... she's essentially at the ready for if I DO show those colours..." he admitted.

"But what can I do? I'll do anything." he said further.

He then looked like he was ready to say something further, before she noticed he seemed to get... lost in something.

"I... I..." he stammered, as his eyes started to scan the room they were in.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 05:12:24 )

Casey just rolled her eyes.

"If I knew a way to use my necromancy in order to find out the truth, but dammit - I don't think I can." She commented.

"And that infuriates me, if I'm being honest." She added.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 05:43:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Chris remained silent as he scanned the room, before his attention snapped back to Casey.

"Sorry..." he apologised.

"And... I don't know how to force me to tell you the truth." he said.

"Have Ashley force me to with her own mana?" he suggested.

"Listen, I know it seems like I have every reason to lie to you all, to try and worm my way into your lives so I can try and ruin them again." he went on. "But I'm not, I swear." he insisted.

"I don't know know how I would have turned out if I'd been allowed to develop on my own." he admitted. "But... but I... while what I did to your mother was the one thing I've regretted the most... seeing this room... I know one thing is for certain." he told her further.

"I don't regret bringing you and your sister into this world." he said. "The two of you were instrumental and pivotal in bringing her down, even if the final blow wasn't dealt by you." he reasoned.

"And... and... I don't... how can I 100% regret bringing someone into this world... that can create these masterpieces of art...?" he said further, scanning the pieces that surrounded them yet again.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 05:47:55 )

Casey paused before just pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Plenty of this was born from anger and self-hatred after You did... well... all you did to me, directly." She said, her tone blunt. There was a lot that wasn't from then, because she'd grown past it over the years, but there was still a good amount there was still born from the lingering hatred and pain that he'd brought on. She was better, yes, but still not perfect.

"Box in the corner there." She motioned toward the one she was referring to, "Feel free to take whatever you want from there. It's fitting that you take it, having been the cause." She paused.

"Uhh... combined with the asshole I'd been with at the time."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 06:08:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris made his way to the corner and sifted through the box.

"...so much anger... sadness... despair..." he said to himself.

"But... there's beauty on these as well." he continued.

"...." he was then silent, before hanging his head a little.

"I'm so sorry..." he told her quietly.

"I... I have no idea what I can do to try and make amends, but... but tell me. Please." he said.

"Can you tell me if there's ANYTHING I can do to show you how regretful and sorry I am for my past?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 06:13:02 )

"I have absolutely no idea." Casey admitted.

"I've never considered I would ever need it." She then said before sighing.

"Look. I hate you, I doubt that's going to change." She continued as she approached.

"And you have no idea how tempting it is to just kill you as is. " As she spoke, he noticed she was right behind him, her electricity sparking very noticeably.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 06:55:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....I'll bet." Chris replied.

"I wouldn't blame you if you did, right now." he told her.

"After all I've done to you... after all you've suffered through because of me..." he went on.

"...I deserve to die." he said.

"I deserve to go to Hell, at the hands of one of Madison's daughters." he reasoned.

"...but believe me when I say that I suffer every day, haunted by my past and the deeds done." he assured her.

"...I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." he repeated, as a few tears fell from his face, onto the floor.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 06:57:09 )

Casey didn't say anything, and he felt the electricity around them strength, to an almost overpowering degree.

At least until it vanished. Just vanished.

Along with it, was the sparking he could normally feel from where she'd burned him. While the burn had healed, the mana was still there, still affecting him. But now? Now it was gone.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/6 07:29:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris had clenched his eyes shut tightly, preparing for what he figured would be the inevitable death blow... but he was stunned and surprised when he discovered that the opposite had happened.

"...." he was silent, before turning and facing her.

"I..." he stammered.

"...you... the mana..." he said further, before stopping and letting out a small breath.

"You didn't have to do that, but you did." he went on.

"You have my deepest gratitude." he told her.

"...it was really starting to become impossible to ignore." he admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.