Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Forging Ones Future

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/3 08:17:32 )

Casey didn't say anything, before heading off to grab what she had arrived to grab.

". . Jesus." Ashley muttered.

"What the fuck are we going to do with THIS mess?' She then asked, looking between the two.

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/3 08:34:27 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"I don't know." Lindsay admitted.

"Beats me." Ash said.

"This is all kinds of messed up, and there's a good chance Casey is pissed at ALL of us." he told her.

"...indeed." Lindsay muttered.

"...damn it." he cursed quietly.

"I... I hope she doesn't force me to choose between her and helping Chris." he then said. "Or leaves because of this." he went on.

"You think she'd do something that drastic?" Ash asked.

"That's the thing. With how angry she is right now, and how fervently she hates Chris... I don't know." Lindsay admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/3 08:40:40 )

Ashley just sighed.

"Do you honestly blame her?" She asked.

"He ripped her mother from this world, and abused her." She continued. "I don't blame her for having some bitterness and anger within her."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/3 08:58:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Neither do I." Lindsay responded.

"I just hope that anger, hatred, and bitterness doesn't end up tearing this family apart." he said quietly.

"I... I'm pretty sure it won't." Ash told him.

"Just... maybe let her blow off some steam." he said.

"See if that helps, and maybe she'll be willing to talk to us." he went on, before pausing a moment.

"Assuming Jenkins isn't around." he added.

"His presence, his face... massive trigger for her." he mumbled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/3 17:44:01 )

It was about then that the boys felt Casey's mana leave.

"She's going to be gone for nearly a week still... maybe she'll be able to properly process what she'd witnessed while here before she returns." Ashley commented.

"And... maybe she'll talk to someone about it." She sighed lightly. "IT's the only thing that I can hope for, but I really don't think that this will destroy the family or whatever. She's... Casey's Casey. This isn't too unusual." She looked to Lindsay before sighing.

"You really shouldn't have kept it quiet. At least let her know what was going on. Maybe, just maybe, then it wouldn't have been so explosive. It's something to keep in mind for the future, if something like this happens again." She sighed lightly before shaking her head.

"I'm going back to bed."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/3 22:39:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'm going back to bed, too." Ash said.

"...try not to lose sleep over this, hey?" he then said to his brother. "Nobody's perfect, mistakes were made... well, arguably... and all that's left is to figure out where to go from here." he continued.

"....yeah." Lindsay mumbled in response.

"As Ashley said, Casey should calm down over time." Ash then said.

"But... I'd liken it to going from a full boil to... a simmer." he went on. "That water will NEVER be cold and calm." he muttered.

"I know." Lindsay replied.

"...maybe I... just hoped that it would." he admitted.

"You're brilliant, Lindsay. But you're naive." Ash said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/3 22:44:12 )

Five days later, Casey arrived home after her convention and paused as she dropped her stuff off in her room. She could feel his mana there still, not in the room specifically, but he'd been there recently, in the house at least. As a result, she vanished from where she was, appearing outside of another house in the backyard. She approached the door, sighed, and kncoked.

She really hoped that this wouldn't go badly, but she knew he deserved to know what was going on - and more specifically... Rowena deserved to know.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/3 23:08:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After about 20 seconds, the door opened, revealed Vincent Remmington, one of the people that lived there.

"Oh, Casey!" he said when he saw her.

"Back from the convention, was it?" he asked.

"Come in, come in." he offered, stepping out of the way.

"Can I get you something to drink?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/3 23:11:44 )

Casey stepped inside before shaking her head.

"Vincent, the bastard that killed mom is seeing Lindsay - regaularly - and both of the boys are all right with it." She stated plainly, bluntly. Her voice was concerned though, quite obviously so.

"I don't know what's going on, but I'm worried he's got them ubnder his thumb."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/3 23:31:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah..." Vincent muttered, before stopping and shaking his head.

"Excuse me?" he asked.

"I... run that by me again." he said.

"Because I swear you just told me that Christopher Jenkins has been seeing your husband... regularly... and that both he and Ashley are all right with it." he commented.

"Is that correct?" he asked.

Casey just nodded, looking unimpressed.

"Well then." Vincent said.

"Looks like I'll need to clean up the remnants of Vanessa's little entourage." he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/3 23:34:43 )

"Someone needs to." Casey stated before sighing.

"I can't deal with this for the moment." She then said.

"I don't want him eot get his grimy claws into any of the kids there, before all three of them could be at serious risk." She paused, looking to Vincent.

". . . Vincent... I can't risk that with the kids."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/3 23:55:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent placed his hands on her shoulders.

"I know." he replied.

"I'll go and take care of it." he told her.

"I promise." he said.

"I will go there, and I will sort everything out proper." he went on.

"You just stay here and try and calm down." he then said further.

"All right?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/3 23:58:16 )

Casey didn't say anything, but did nod. It wasn't ahrd to tell that she was rather worried about the kids there. She knew that the brothers could take care of themselves, and even then she knew that Lindsay was super durable. Ash was too tenacious to die and stay dead, so she really wasn't worried about them. Ashley was also

The three younger ones, though.... They were most liekly susceptible to anything that could be happening, and she really didn't want to have any of them at risk.

"Thank you..." She said after a moment or two before he was gone.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 00:15:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Shortly after he disappeared, those in the Fyrane manor felt an immense presence in their home.

And they knew who it was.

".....oh great." Ash muttered.

"I bet I can guess why HE'S here." he said further, before shaking his head.

Meanwhile, upstairs, the man was greeted by Lindsay.

"Vincent? Can I help you?" he asked.

"I am here to fix things." Vincent declared.

"...." Lindsay was just silent, before sighing heavily.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 00:23:37 )

Ashley sighed.

"I can't sense mana, but even I can feel Vincent's presence whenever he's around." She commented with a light shake of her head.

"I'm heading up. Hopefully he's ... not as emotional as Casey." With that, she got to her feet and headed out, making her way upstairs to where Vincent and Lindsay were.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 00:54:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When she reached the top of the stairs, she heard Vincent and Lindsay talking.

"-can I be sure that it's really YOU telling me this?" she heard Vincent ask.

"I just... that... ugh." she heard Lindsay respond in exasperation.

"Didn't think Casey would call YOU out to here." he said.

"What can I say to get you to believe that Christopher means no ill will here?" he asked.

"You're asking me to swallow a VERY big pill, Lindsay." Vincent responded sceptically.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 01:06:53 )

Ashley just sighed.

"Does my word mean anything?" She asked as she approached. "Because you're right. If Lindsay was under Chris' mana, then no. You wouldn't be able to trust him, and rightfully so."

'But he's not." She continued as she leaned against the table she was by.

"He literally cannot use his mana on me. At least not in that way." She told him. "As a result, I'm free and clear. Also,I can attest to how... he's really not who you expect."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 04:29:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent looked over towards Ashley and was about to fire off a rebuttal... but stopped.

"...all right." he said. "That IS a fair point." he admitted.

"Very well." he then said.

"ONE chance." he told her.

"You get ONE chance to convince me that wasn't going on here isn't nefarious." he clarified.

"...." Lindsay was silent, before sighing.

"Let's go sit in the den and discuss this." he suggested.

"Because if we get just the one chance... then we'd better make it as informative as possible." he reasoned. "And that'll take a bit."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 04:33:26 )

Ashley just crossed her arms.

"No."[b/] She said simply.

[b]"It's Chris' place to give the information about his past, as I know you'll be getting at - or am I wrong?"
she asked Lindsay.

"Neither of us have a place to, and you even less so. Doctor-Patient COnfidentiality."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 04:44:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay just sighed.

"Well, I wasn't going to mention anything said in confidence during our sessions, of course." he assured her.

".....I see." Vincent said.

"And where IS he?" he asked her.

"Is he staying here?" he asked.

"He is not." Lindsay replied.

"I was asking Ashley." Vincent told Lindsay, causing the Fyrane to sigh quietly and roll his eyes.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.