Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 16:56:34 )

@star2000shadow: Thank you. 2 hours now, and I'm getting a little bit more nervous lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 18:03:41 )
@Totalanimefan: good morningafternoon. Thank you. It needed to be said, imo. I saw that you posted something to the same effect, and I know Shadami was absolutely ranting about the currency and pricing early on. It was time for somebody else to step forward and put forth a more detailed explanation, and I figured I'm in a position to do so... so I did. I'm glad to hear that it makes sense to you. Hopefully Vozzy will give the pricing issue some serious consideration and maybe make some adjustments...? All event I felt like I was walking that line of "maybe it'll work out" but I know how much time I've spent here earning currency... and to have done the math and have it come out to only 3 bundles... /shakes head/ ...

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 18:12:32 )

@Wildfire: Yes it did, and I liked your more detailed in depth additions to what we said. I'm not really sure why it was made so high. Kinda makes it not as fun. It seems I've only posted enough to earn one bundle and it's me lol

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 18:18:55 )

@Totalanimefan: she's acting perfectly okay today now that I got her to sleep in. The cough seems to be almost worn off now and isn't every 30 seconds anymore.
I'll probably have her use a mask to go to school tomorrow just to be safe

And she does have a mask xD it's a little one and it's super cute and she loves it. I feel bad that going outside with masks is all she's really known.
Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 18:46:29 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Her Graceful Snow | Snow Owl | Winter Stroll | WZRD | Under New Managment | Headless Rider | Flutterby | Queen Titania | Purr For You | Porcelain Pianissimo | Dazzling Sun | Deadly Darling | Reaper of Space | Wicked

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ Hello People person's. How goes your day today 'rubs face' i went looking up Dividers 'nods' then chrome crashed and its like 'bah' <:3( )~~

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 19:03:40 )
@Totalanimefan: exactly ... and that was part of my point... if I, with all the time I've spent here and all the posting I've done, and being one of the top posters, can only manage a couple of bundles, there's something off with the currency/pricing balance - especially here, when the balance has always been so very different. Until this event. Anyway, we'll see what happens, if anything.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 19:14:00 )
** Oops - not Shadami... it was Anarchist Beauty who mentioned something about the pricing being high for this event - Sorry for the confusion/mix up!!! My bad o_0 :(

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 19:23:20 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Her Graceful Snow | Snow Owl | Winter Stroll | WZRD | Under New Managment | Headless Rider | Flutterby | Queen Titania | Purr For You | Porcelain Pianissimo | Dazzling Sun | Deadly Darling | Reaper of Space | Wicked

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ I'm also dancing between making another avi and starting a journal somewhere for snippets of ideas and story scenes i have.. but I'm not sure haha. <:3( )~~

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 19:41:23 )

@Shadami: Masks are good cause then she won't get others sick either. No one wants their kid to come home sick from school.

@Wildfire: I figured that's who you meant haha.
Totally agree. And I know there are other events that I've posted more in, but like I have certainly given enough hours to have earned a full set, and I haven't lol

@star2000shadow: Your avatar is so cute.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 19:49:31 )

Interview didn't go well because I had never done that job from the government side. And they only asked questions about that. Not about my past experience or those normal interview questions that you get.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 20:00:04 )
@Totalanimefan: Yep, exactly. I might be looking at 3 bundles, but that's a LOT of puzzles (which now, given Hadsvich's post about not earning appropriate currency, I'm wondering if what I earned was awarded, but that's a different topic - lol) and a LOT of posting... when there were definitely times when I was posting and probably shouldn't have been XD Oops. x_X

I'm sorry to hear your interview didn't go so well. Maybe next time?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 20:32:50 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Totalanimefan: aww I'm glad you like her 'blush' thanks. <:3( )~~

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 21:39:56 )

@star2000shadow: Yeah it's super pretty!

@Wildfire: Yeah I wondered how many people were screwed over that way ^^; You shouldn't have to give your life to the event. You have been plenty active. ^^ And surely I have been chatting enough too lol
Thanks. Maybe next time. I was just so ready and I felt so confident and then she came in with a bunch of technical questions. My husband thinks it was a bit unfair to only ask those kinds of questions instead of wanting to train someone since it's a unique role AND it's only for a year.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 22:10:22 )
@Totalanimefan: Exactly - I'm actually kind of dumbfounded that I only managed 3 bundles so far... with more than 15k event currency collected since the event started... and who knows about the puzzle awards - I wasn't paying that close attention to my actual currency counts when I did puzzles. In terms of this event and these prices, IMO/IMexperience, things like currency awards and shop prices should also be weighed against the type of community you have. There's also precedence (pricing, currency earn rates, etc.) with previous events on a single site to keep in mind. I think they missed the mark with this one. But, I also don't know all the details of what's going on here behind the scenes... and I do know that usually, there's a whole lot more going on behind the scenes and in the Staff Forums than the players are aware of. :3 I've posted my thoughts on the matter, but at the end of the day, this is not my site or event to run. /shrug/ I'm not going to beat it to death (for a number of reasons). We'll see what happens /shrug/

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 22:14:42 )
And yeah, I always hated it when the interviewer did something completely unexpected like what you're describing! :( If the position is only for a year, and the position itself is that unique, I would probably be asking more about things that would indicate adaptability and learning ability than pure technical aspects... but depending on the specifics, I get that they might be looking for somebody who they don't have to train much at all... /shrug/ Maybe they'll call you back anyway??

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 22:34:40 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Totalanimefan: thanks I'm still tinkering with her, trying to figure out how I want things. its a bit frustrating but fun to haha. <:3( )~~

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 23:15:41 )

@Wildfire: Totally agreed. And I'm very easy to train and I pick up on things quickly. She said that she could even tell by my resume and how quickly I got my degree. Who knows, maybe they will realize what they want isn't out there and circle back? XD She said that she hoped there was a different role for me, but didn't tell me about any other open role XD

Back to the event, I can't believe you only got 3 bundles! That's not enough at all. Like 15k in currency should make you crazy rich and you should be able to supply the entire site with items for us lol
I do agree with you that we don't know everything and it is SOO much work to put events on for us, and I love the events on here and the items. It just seems weird that they would change the prices that much without just raising it little by little each event. I guess at least, now they know not to raise it this much in the future? I'm not sure though as it feels we are falling on deaf ears

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 05:29:42 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ 'blinks' well if i keep posting maybe i can buy one block party bundle haha. 'rubs eyes' maybe. who knows. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 12:31:53 )
@Totalanimefan: well, it sounds like the interviewer liked you... but was maybe looking for something a little different in terms of skill-set or something? Maybe they will circle back to you... /shrug/ Regardless of whether or not you get this position, I wish you luck :3

Yeah, I was expecting to get at least a couple more bundles with that much currency collected, and although things (currency collection and general event stuff) will continue for another week, I really don't know if I'm going to bust my butt (so to speak) to be here ... to put in that kind of time and effort again... just to get another bundle or two... especially when it will be harder to earn the currency because everyone seems to bail out on events at this point. And unless something changed overnight, I agree with you - it doesn't seem like our observations are being heard. I am surprised that the bundles are closer to 4k than 5k though - maybe that was a last minute adjustment...? /shrug/

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 16:05:29 )

@star2000shadow: Yeah you probably can. Post lots in the event forum and that should help you. :)

@Wildfire: Yeah she really did, so that was good. She said that I have the part that is hard to train in people. But she felt that I didn't know enough to hit the ground running on day 1 (which really, does anyone? But I understand what she is saying).
Thank you. It's hard to go through this process of finding a job. Not really a big fan of this part lol
I'm going to aim for at least another bundle. I can't just have one set of event items lol. What about extras for people in the future or people that couldn't earn enough for a bundle? Yeah the end of the event is a bit harder to get people to post. Maybe since lots of people still need a set they will continue posting? Yes maybe your post helped make the bundle closer to 4k! So thank you. ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.