Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/13 06:07:30 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, we found out that it's not too bad on 2, so we're keeping it on 2. How have you been, btw? Anything interesting happen lately?

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/13 14:27:06 )

@Alorrena: 2 is what I always made my sister keep it at when she wanted 4 lol.

I’m trying to get through what is hopefully our last winter storm here. Over the weekend I wanted to play a new game that came out only to realize their is no good controller support. :/
I’m getting better at my job too so that’s good. I think I’m almost done with training. So just like boring life stuff but soon it will be Cherry Blossom season and that’s very exciting!

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/14 02:07:36 )
@Totalanimefan: 0h wow, Happy Anniversary! Hopefully you and yours had fun
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/14 04:10:48 )

@Qiqi Agatha: Thank you we did have a good time ^^

Donator — she/they/him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/14 05:32:59 )

@Totalanimefan:
omg ty~
im so lucky!

☥ "Think of me when you look at the night sky" ☥

leave me msgs here

The Crooked Dog Inn

plz ping me!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/14 14:35:35 )

@Justice: you’re welcome. Enjoy! ^^

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/15 22:12:32 )
@Totalanimefan: The show was absolutely phenomenal! Absolutely had a fantastic time :) How are you?

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/16 21:25:51 )

@SorrowTheMad: Amazing! I found out one of my favorite Japanese rock/nu-metal bands are playing in the states! I want to buy tickets in late May, but I'm not sure when I'm moving. I can't go to NYC if it's moving day/paper signing day for the condo. I tried to call the sales office today to see if I could get a date, but when I called no one answered. I left a voicemail.
Tickets for Man with a Mission go on sale tomorrow at 10am. I might just buy them either way? I'm not sure how quickly it will sell out. I guess I could fly to the Boston show that's two days later, but once again need to know the moving date lol

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/19 05:23:55 )
@Totalanimefan: I hate when that happens with games. Controller support is so important. I got PlateUp! a few days ago and it's been really keeping my attention, which is nice. I'm trying to get through today because tomorrow's weather will be nice and "cold." It's only going to get up to like 63 i think tomorrow, and then monday it's only going to be 70 for the high. I'm excited for it. I'm gonna freeze my MIL out lol I'm opening the windows as soon as i wake up. She can close them at night if she wants, but the office will be cold. I'm even going to put our second box fan in the window pointing out so it cycles the air a bit better. it's good to hear you're feeling more confident in your job duties. it's always nice when you feel like you're getting the hang of things, for sure. Oh yeah, that's right! The cherry blossoms are going to bloom soon! I remember how excited you were for it last year.

Donator — He/Him/They Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/19 11:20:59 )

Is that a TotalAnimeFan I see o3o)/

-crawls out of the floorboards-

You probably don't remember me already at this point but I believe we knew each other from the Ernya days! (I was Aquarius. or mato. back then)

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/19 22:51:32 )

@Alorrena: I agree! They said that they would add it, but I don't know when that will be. I've been watching streamers play it all week lol.
Nice that there is a bit of a cold front there. It's the middle of march so there is probably only one or two left for the season. It will be back to raining on the daily before you know it. I was also going to suggest putting the box fan near the window like that too lol.
Thank you. It really does feel nicer when I don't have to worry about if I can do the job on the daily.
I'm super excited for Cherry Blossoms. They are so beautiful! Full Bloom for the blossoms should start sometime this week. They are currently on stage 5/6. I might go after work to see them this week. It won't be as crowded.

@ichii: Hey! Long, long time no see. How have you been? Can you believe how many years it's been since Ernya closed down?

Donator — He/Him/They Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/20 05:09:34 )

@Totalanimefan: Right! Time seriously flies! It was such a huge part of my life as a teen/young adult. I've been good! ^^ I'm currently living in Japan studying japanese language.

How've you been? I saw that you finished school recently and that you're moving? Congratz!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/20 08:12:11 )
@Totalanimefan: Hopefully it's soon. What game is it?
yeah, it's been really nice the last few days. I don't mind the rain, so long as it cools things off a little. Which is partly what happened. It rained yesterday and drizzled a little tonight. I decided against putting the other fan facing outwards because it's realllly cold in here. I have pants, slippers, a jacket and a blanket on me and i'm still cold. it's so nice. Tomorrow is the last day of the actual cold front, but the nights will be nice this week at least.
ooh! Super nice! I hope you enjoy them! In idaho there's actually a cherry festival in Emmett but that won't happen until closer to mid June. Emmett is where the "rich"(upper middle class) people live so it's a pretty nice city(town?). One of my high school friends had a cherry tree in their backyard, and i loved seeing it when it bloomed. It smelled so nice.
I've all but finished the skirt i'm making. Tomorrow i just have to take my serger and finish the raw edges of the seams. I have to figure out the proper tension settings first though. I think I'll probably look up recommended settings tomorrow. But as far as it looks, it's completed. I need to get it serviced though, because it doesn't sound the best. it's quite noisy. But that's kind of expensive.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/21 22:42:32 )

@ichii: I saw that you moved to Japan! おめでとう!私もせんこうが日本語です。でも、もう10年前ぐらいだけど
I went back to finish my college degree in Sept 2011 and I finished exactly one year later(I did business this time instead of Japanese). I spent months looking for a job and I started a new one in Jan. I like it. I just finished going through the training about a week ago. I'm still learning but mostly I do things on my own now. I'm moving just down the road soon. it's a new condo that keeps getting pushed back on the opening date. At first my husband and I thought that it was going to be Jan, then March and then May and now probably June.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/21 22:44:43 )

@Alorrena: Sun Haven :) It looks so good too! I just want to play it but I can't yet.

I'm sure you will be warm again before you know it. It's in the 60's here today.
I guess the festival is that late up there cause of the mountains and how far north they are. Here I bet tomorrow will be peak bloom. Could hold out until Friday.
Congrats on making a skirt! That's really cool.

Donator — He/Him/They Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/23 16:10:29 )
Totalanimefan:

@ichii: I saw that you moved to Japan! おめでとう!私もせんこうが日本語です。でも、もう10年前ぐらいだけど
I went back to finish my college degree in Sept 2011 and I finished exactly one year later(I did business this time instead of Japanese). I spent months looking for a job and I started a new one in Jan. I like it. I just finished going through the training about a week ago. I'm still learning but mostly I do things on my own now. I'm moving just down the road soon. it's a new condo that keeps getting pushed back on the opening date. At first my husband and I thought that it was going to be Jan, then March and then May and now probably June.

Thank you! ^^

Ohh that's really exciting!! I hope that you can safely complete this headache of a process soon omg

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/23 23:56:25 )
@Totalanimefan: possibly. i feel like it's happening there late this year, but i'm not sure. it's been a long time since i've gone to it, even before i moved to florida.i always thought it was late april to mid may. i could be wrong though.
oh! yeah, sunhaven is a LOT of fun. i've gotten burnt out with stardew, but sunhaven still keeps me entertained.
it's a square with a hole in the middle, making it the easiest skirt i've ever made
not sure why this one is such a small picture, but this is the whole outfit
and the skirt flared out a bit more organically than the one where i'm showing it's a square

oh yes! It has a pocket that hides quite well. i just used the scraps from what i cut out for my waist to make the pocket and turns out it's the perfect size/shape!
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/24 13:13:03 )

@ichii: thank you so much! I keep waiting for the call that says we have a date locked in and it’s only 60 days away lol.
How is Japan treating you? How long have you been there? And how long have you been studying Japanese? :) I dropped out of Uni before my 3rd year which would have been my aboard year. I only did two years at that Uni.

@Alorrena: I think it depends on where you live. Peak Bloom for the blossoms started yesterday! I went down and took pictures! I will have to make a thread where I share the pictures.
Yay I’m glad you like Sun Haven. And they aren’t finished updating the game either. I’m looking forward to that controller support still lol.
I love your skirt! It’s so cute and awesome that you made that! Thanks for sharing pictures ^^

Donator — He/Him/They Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/24 16:21:33 )

@Totalanimefan: It's been pretty good so far! My mom is actually Japanese so I've been speaking the language my whole life, but she immigrated to the US with her parents when she was only 5 or 6 so she never learned how to read or write which transferred down to me and my sisters. It's coming up on 1 year now since I've been here actually! I moved here just after my birthday last year and that was this past Thursday!

I see! It was a lifelong dream to live and study in Japan but the study abroad opportunities just never lined up during school time, so I'm glad that this time happened to work out! ^^

he/him | on JST so sorry if my replies are slow;;
Feel free to @ me! I'm always down to chat!

Come chat in my little Art Shop!!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/24 17:18:06 )

@ichii: That's pretty cool. ^^ I wish I knew it from a young age. Can you read it now? Sorry that I put the Japanese in my post, I thought that you could read it. I can translate it for you if you want. It's so cool that you finally get to live in Japan! Through your mom, are you still a Japanese citizen? I think at 18 or 20 you have to choose.
Happy birthday! Did you do anything for it?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.