Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/17 20:51:55 )

@Alorrena: I'm glad he isn't like that.

Sounds exciting. I'm sure you are hanging out with her now.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/18 14:21:03 )
@Totalanimefan: My parents were in Jamaica for Easter so I had a nice quiet Easter as well. :) Glad yours was good!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/18 16:18:35 )

@SorrowTheMad: Wow that's pretty far. Just the two of them?
Yeah it was relaxing ^^

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/20 14:20:04 )
@Totalanimefan: Yep just the two of them. Apparently they got offered pot a couple times while they were down there. Haha! I'm glad it was relaxing though :)

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/20 18:28:39 )

@SorrowTheMad: lol how did they react to that?
I hope you didn't feel lonely while they were gone.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/20 21:29:23 )
@Totalanimefan: They didn't, they said no and then texted me about it. Lol. Wish they would have brought some back for me lol. Nah I didn't feel lonely, I definitely wish they would have stayed much longer. Mom came back and in the two weeks she's been back has screamed at me several times.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/20 21:57:48 )

@SorrowTheMad: they should have brought you some lol
Sucks when people are like that. They are just so mad at the world or themselves and they take it out on everyone else.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/22 21:51:35 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I wish, but it's all good. I can find it when I want it. I don't smoke much anyway. But yeah, it sucks when they're like that. She'll find out soon enough though that she should have treated me better

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/24 19:12:09 )

@SorrowTheMad: I do really do it, but I find that eating is the way to go. I hate the smell of it and the smell of smoke in general.
Yeah honestly I agree. I'm sorry that you have to live somewhere that's so stressful.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/25 14:16:40 )
@Totalanimefan: Edibles make me feel sick and dizzy so I just stick with the smoking side lol. Of course I love the smell of it too, so that makes a difference. Yeah, I'll be out of here soon enough.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/25 17:10:30 )

@SorrowTheMad: That's awful. I hadn't heard about that side effect in people. Is it cause of the extra sugar in the food that it tends to be in? Is it cause it's more THC?

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/27 08:56:00 )
@Totalanimefan: mom arrived earlier in the day than expected, which was cool. We had a ton of fun at disney, discovery cove, and universal. We also went to an art festival, i got a tragus piercing, and we went kayaking (which i had never done but i absolutely loved) and saw a couple dinner shows. Capone's was the best one. it was really entertaining. We got rained out monday when we were supposed to go sailing, but it ended up being okay because we needed a "rest" day. we went minigolfing instead at congo river, which was fun. Got rained on a little at the beginning, but it was only a light sprinkle so it wasn't annoying. She goes home early in the morning, at like 7, so we said our goodbyes around 7:30pm and she went to return her car rental and got an air bnb for the night so she could nap before heading to the airport at like 4 am.(here in like 10 minutes). it was a good visit, but it was realllllly nice being able to sleep in my own bed (until the nightmare i had about my gf dying in my arms. that sucked and was kinda traumatizing.)Now i've calmed down from that nightmare i'm about to go back to bed. I'll share a picture tomorrow of my piercing (and the meet and greet with minnie) if i remember lol

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/27 23:31:42 )

@Alorrena: Good trip but that nightmare sucks! I get bad nightmares too. They are awful.
I'm going to Disney this year in Oct! Finally I convinced my friends to go in Oct instead of Sept and I'm so happy about that. It's still like 90-something when I go in Sept.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/27 23:45:31 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, it sucked. I rarely have nightmares, at least, but it was really vivid.
awesome! That's super exciting! Yeah, September/August is pretty awful here. I struggled a bit with the weather here last week with it being so hot. But it was a lot of fun. I'm sure you and your friends will have a blast when you go!

Donator — he/him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/28 10:06:10 )
@Totalanimefan:
@Alorrena:

I was just down in California and it was over 90 degrees. I was surprised it got so hot so soon in the spring.

I'm a real wimp when it comes to heat and used to go to Disney in the winter to avoid it

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/28 14:13:04 )
@Synth: Yeah, it's surprising that the weather has been so hot in the southern half of the US lately. I know southern california is usually pretty hot, but i feel like it being in the 90s already is a bit much. Ironically, Florida is just about on track weather wise, if not a couple weeks early. still gross and hot, but it's really rather expected in Florida. I remember when i was a kid my mom took me and my sibling to disneyland and it was hot, but not unbearable. Maybe it's cause i was a kid and didn't mind the heat if i was having fun. I also remember going to the hotel after the day at disney and going swimming at night and it still being warm out, which was weird to me because Idaho (where i grew up) has hot days and cold nights in the hotter months.

Honestly, i hate being hot, but i found anything below 85 was bearable for me last week, and i think a big part of that is because of my mother in law keeping the house at 77 or higher any time she's home.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/28 14:15:59 )

@Synth: Where in CA were you?
Disney is far better in the winter anyway XD

@Alorrena: They are British and I always tell them it will still be hot if we don't go in Aug/Sept but they like don't believe me XD So after like....8 years I've gotten them to at least try Oct haha.
We have had a hot spring up here in DC. Been 10F above normal.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/28 14:36:38 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, my sister told me that it was in like the 90s in Wisconsin a couple weeks ago too, but they've been having weird bipolar weather because it snowed the next day. My mom said Its been a really long winter for Idaho because it was still snowing a couple days before she left and it's practically unheard of to have snow that late in the year, especially snow that sticks. So it seems like the country hasn't made up it's mind yet about the weather and what it's supposed to be doing.

Edit: Also, for my disney pictures and piercing, go here: https://imgur.com/a/yGfPe9G
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/28 15:49:50 )

@Alorrena: The weather has been all over the place lately. It's getting more unstable cause of climate change.
Oh nice pics! Your Minnie outfit is prefect!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — he/him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/28 17:31:11 )
@Alorrena: oh yeah, I feel like I didn't mind heat as much when I was a kid but I do now. My mom liked to keep it 72 in the house. Now I'm on my own and prefer it around 65 and I whine about temps above 75 or so.

I also grew up somewhere where it would get cold at night. California was sort of a magical place haha.

Your pics with Minnie are so cute!

@Totalanimefan:

I was down by San Jose for a few days. I'd been there a week or two earlier and the weather was pretty mild so I was surprised at the heat.

ping me for best results

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.