Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/19 14:48:48 )
I'm losing track of the days, apparently. I should try to do something about that... somehow :3

Well that's good, right? I didn't realize the Safety Captain role meant full time... or is that just a coincidence?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/19 14:52:41 )

It's just a coincidence I think. Though as safety captain I do need to be at the store a bit more often. Which is fine.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/19 14:54:00 )
You seem to be really shining with this job, AMA - I'm happy for you :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/19 16:15:56 )
@Wildfire: Is your new fabric rug coming along nicely?
I just spent a good minute or two laughing at the new bus driver for my daughter's pick up. It's a neighborhood not far from here with like.. at least 20 kids. They all generally wait until the very last second to race out of their houses to get the bus.
The new driver didn't know this. So there were 3 kids standing at the stop. He picked those ones up. I rolled down my window to my car [I park across the narrow street facing the bus], I pointed to the house with a couple of kids racing out the door. The bus driver opened the door again, those kids got on. He closed the door. I pointed to the house up the way as those kids were basically running like they were getting chased.
I finally heard the bus driver shout "How many more?!" to the bus kids.
Meanwhile, I'm giggling in my car.
-
-sips my coffee- hehe

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/19 16:26:11 )
@Koah: That's hilarious! It's a good thing you were there to point at the kids and the houses! <3

Yes, I think my new rug is coming along nicely. It's at that point where I'm getting anxious to finish the braiding and start the sewing (although the sewing part is more tedious, imo... and harder to do in front of silly TV shows XD)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/19 16:37:12 )
@Wildfire: What show are you indulging in? C:
I've been feeling that antsy feeling to create something. But, that ever-looming feeling of everyday responsibilities is too much right now. XD
I'm assuming you hand sew the pieces together for the rug?

The bus driver waved to me as he drove off. I'm sure my daughter was on the bus going "YOU FORGOT ___" She's one of those kids that reminds you of things... constantly. lol!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/19 20:03:39 )
@Koah: lol at your daughter "helping" XD
I'm binging rewatching Ink Masters. It's one of those shows that doesn't require much attention, imo, so it's good to let run in the background while I braid. And actually, no, I have been running the rug through the sewing machine when it gets to that stage. I'm not working with thick fabrics so it seems to work ok, other than just maneuvering the pile of rug (after a certain point).

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/19 21:41:07 )
@Wildfire: My least favorite "help" from my daughter is when I say something like "maybe next time.." and next time rolls around and she goes "but you said..."
and I go "I said maybe, and today will be a no- just like last time. " XD

I really got to get my sewing machine fixed. There's a jam somewhere in it.
I've seen a bit of Ink Masters. It seems good. :3 not quite my cup of tea for shows, but my dad enjoyed watching it, so i watched it with him a bit.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 14:47:09 )
@Koah: It's not usually my taste in shows either, but I like seeing the creativity, and mostly, it's just something that can run in the background...

Good morning

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 14:48:08 )

Good morning

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 14:50:53 )
I'm extremely groggy this morning, after getting a LOT of sleep last night. How are you today so far?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 14:54:23 )

Alright. Still a touch sleepy myself.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 14:56:21 )
*shares some coffee*
It sounds like you're doing better than I am this morning :3
What are your plans for the day - are you working?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 14:57:45 )

I am working today, thankfully a later shift. So I can good around for a big longer than normally.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 14:59:26 )
cool. I'm feeling rather sluggish today so far. Ugh.
Have you gotten very far with your new role? How do you like it?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 15:01:44 )

When I get in today, I'll be making sure coworkers read the safety packets we get sent. Then sign a sheet that says they read it. We're supposed to do meetings for this, but because our staff is so small that's just not something we can do. We're not given enough of an 'hours budget' to set aside for drills or those meetings. So I'll be talking to everyone one on one.

My full time schedule starts next week.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 15:05:53 )
That sounds reasonable given a small group of people to manage. :3

I'm trying to decide what to do with my day. I'm not really excited about most of the options and am considering running away to the beach (in the cold weather)

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 15:14:43 )

I'm pretty okay with the things that I want to get accomplished while at work today.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 15:16:10 )
That's good!! :3

I just have no "oomph" so far today (or yesterday). :(

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 15:19:54 )

Is there something else you'd rather be doing?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.