Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/19 22:41:35 )

@Wildfire: Certainly ain't me with no kids.
      I used to work at a day care but I stopped doing that about a year ago.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/19 22:45:17 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: for me personally i like to show what it was before, and how
the outcome of the final piece came to be.
but unfortunately i had to cut out so much of the sketch phase and the overall growth of the piece
just because IG only allows a small time frame.

but in the future i can upload it on youtube at least.
but it won't be until i can actually buy an editing video program.
which are usually not cheap at all.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/19 22:50:19 )
@Anarchist Beauty: LOL... well, I'm not sure what I'm thinking then. I do seem to remember the day care - that got to be too much for you, huh? (I know I couldn't handle that environment these days!)

@MoodyB: Aaaah... well, one thing at a time, right? Hubby says he knows of a free/really cheap video editing program but needs to look it up. I don't know if it runs on Windows though

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/19 22:55:28 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: I have a few options tho most free progams never work on my laptop. I am using a free one but there isn't
a lot of things to do with my videos. All i do is cut out parts, speed them up so i can send it to my very low grade phone and do more editing lol.

but i don't really want to be posting on youtube anytime soon.
just because its such a big and popular platform
and the thought of someone seeing my art is terrifying to me lol.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/20 01:40:58 )

@Wildfire: It was too much. If my neighbor still needed occasional help, I'd go back but not too often.
      Today I'm actually helping my grandfather install the kitchen cabinets he made for their rental property. Which is somehow worse than the kids. 🤣

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/20 05:41:16 )

★彡 @Wildfire: Awe that's good ☆(•^-^•)☆
Sounds like you had some nice family bonding as well and had a little bit of exercise~ 彡★

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/20 13:52:18 )
@MoodyB: You do realize that if you are going to make money selling your art and getting commissions, you're going to need to have people actually see your art, right?? Now, Youtube might not be the best platform for getting your work out...but it might be. I haven't done marketing for myself in quite some time and my involvement with social media is somewhat limited, but my point remains valid - you'll have to get over your fear of having your artwork seen if you're going to sell it and your skills :3 <3

@Anarchist Beauty: Yeah...it would be waaaay too much for me to handle a bunch of little kids running all over the place, screaming, needing things. It's beyond my level of patience at this point, so I completely get it. :3 How is helping grandpa install cabinets worse??

@Purpsy: Yeah, it was nice. I wish I didn't have to try so hard, though, to get them out of the house sometimes...but I have a good family and it's nice to spend time with them doing something other than technology-centric things (tv, video games, movies)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/20 13:53:11 )

Good morning.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/20 15:22:44 )

★彡 @Wildfire: yeah those things can take away some family bonding.
Good morning! 彡★

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/20 16:23:57 )
@Purpsy: Good morning. How are you today so far?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/20 18:25:17 )

★彡 @Wildfire: I had crappy sleep last night so I have low energy today otherwise that I'm doing fine :3
How are you? 彡★

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/20 19:44:26 )

@Wildfire: Because installing cabinets requires lifting and moving them all over the place.
      It makes my whole body hurt instead of just my head. lmao

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/20 21:21:30 )
@Purpsy: oh, I'm sorry you didn't sleep well last night. I know that feeling and it sucks!

@Anarchist Beauty: lol! I think I would prefer the whole body hurt than the head

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/20 21:55:36 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yes i know that lolol
being an artist is very...weird at times.
it ties in with the whole imposter syndrome. feeling like undeserving if people do see my work.
My work does get seen but i don't want it to be on a massive scale basically.
for me youtube is such a big platform LOL
it's more so daunting than any of the other platforms.

i do not market well just because no one gives advice on it because marketing is so complicated lol.
most advice is what's worked for them not necessarily what works for everyone.

but my friend helps me a lot with figuring out marketing.
im just not consistent in posting because all these algorithms change to work against small creators.
at least under 1k followers. and i don't even have half of that so i get greatly affected LOL

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/20 23:19:12 )

@Wildfire: I prefer no pain. Why must things hurt me?????

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/21 13:52:52 )
@MoodyB: Yes, I completely understand. Art is personal, even if it's a commission, and putting it out there for everyone to see (and judge) can be difficult and marketing can be extremely difficult. I get it. Really. But you gotta get it out there...

@Anarchist Beauty: I think most people prefer no pain. I certainly do! But there's something almost nice about the sore feeling that comes after a good physical exertion :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/21 13:53:15 )

Good morning.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/21 15:28:01 )

★彡 @Wildfire: Yep but I had enough sleep now. Woke up feeling energized x3 彡★

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/21 15:47:00 )
@Purpsy: That's good. So what are your plans for the day?
I didn't sleep particularly well... not particularly badly, but not well either... >.>

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/21 15:53:47 )

★彡 @Wildfire: Well I'm going out soon just don't know when xD
We're running out of food here soo yep.

So is in the middle range? 彡★

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.