Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/22 18:47:40 )
@Purpsy: lol. That sounds fairly typical, imo.
And it's funny how sometimes you just stumble across an avatar, or an idea for one, isn't it?

@Koah: oh wow... roads like that can be difficult even if you're used to driving them. I'm not sure I could drive them at this point - I've been here and away from that kind of weather for too long to deal with it well. I'm glad you got there and back safely, though and congrats on having hubby back! I hope his errand went well :3

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/22 21:49:36 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: i'm not getting a single commission from these sites.
like at all. Without my friend, who i've known for...5 maybe 6 years i probably would've given up XDD
tho i have more hope in my shop than my commission work.
cause even tho i have gone nothing i don't see advertising my work as pointless. as it has been giving me a bit
more eyes on my online shop at the very least.
so that's good.

tho i am not fully doing art until after beginning of march
stress lately is just too high for focus.

My grandma recently had a heart attack apparently.
so I don't feel ready to do much art until i know what her test results come back.
but once i know she is okay i have a few projects i can finish or start that im super excited about.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/22 21:58:08 )
@MoodyB: That's unfortunate. Like we've said before though, marketing your work is basically a job in and of itself, and I know that whenever I'm trying to market my art, I always want a helper to focus on that part while I do the creation stuff... so here's an idea that may or may not work - would your friend be willing and/or able to do the marketing of your work for you?

Oh no! I really hope your grandmother did not have a heart attack recently, and if so, that it was minor and no repeats are expected!

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/22 22:05:42 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: it really is. So im always kinda researching how to do a better job at marketing.
tho it helps i recently found out i can link my shop in my Instagram stories.
so once i make new stickers i'll be doing that.
my friend's always say they had 0 luck with IG and advertisement. so i think I should stick to maybe doing it by twitter
or some other site.
though i have some great ideas for stickers.

Well my friend and I have a collab adoptables that we do together.
so in a way she markets for me that way.
and she shares my work through ig stories. that may not seem like much but you would not believe how one story
improves my work being seen. She's like the only person sharing my work XDD
But she also advertises my commissions on her commission journal on Deviantart. so she is definitely helping me so much.
it's all about finding the right people.

It was a minor heart attack. It was a few days ago. She had completely blacked out.
her husband had stressed her out. he always wants to move, and he is always just...making things so hard
on my grandmother and he is so sure moving to the next two town's over will suddenly make him feel better of his ailments. Even tho
it really won't. he is missing part of a lung, no bladdar, etc. and he just assumes moving to the kind of rich area will make him suddenly be cured.
so he has been pressuring my grandmother so hard to sell the house, move there, etc. but she doesn't want to because my grandmother
is honestly like a second mother to me.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/23 14:23:36 )
@MoodyB: Yeah, marketing can be difficult... and made more complicated by all the different rules, etc., for each of these "social" sites. It sounds like you have an awesome friend <3

At least it was minor. Hopefully she'll be able to get rid of some of that stress and recover well. It sounds like your grandfather has some strange ideas about his health... but at the same time, there are stories of people having negative health reactions to something in their environment and everything clearing up when they move...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/23 14:27:17 )

Good morning.
I woke up to a dog curling up and plopping on my shoulder. That was fun. :/
It's a foggy day in our neighborhood (so far; I'm sure it will clear up) and I really need to take care of some stuff today - online stuff, phone calls (or maybe emails), etc. It shouldn't be too bad, but ....

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/23 16:07:29 )
Good morning.

.... My morning is not going my way. No one took the trash to the curb. So we missed it. I brought it out- just in the off-chance that the truck is running late. =_=
aand.. my car won't start. It's -1 outside and my engine refuses to kick on. So ANOTHER day with my kids home. OTL -flops-

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/23 16:37:42 )
@Koah: oh no! That does not sound like a good start to the day... but it doesn't need to define your whole day either. Maybe there's a reason the kids are home with you today? Maybe it's a good opportunity to snuggle with them and give them some Momma Lurves (before things get uprooted with the new addition)?? Did you end up sending your son back to brick-and-mortar school after all?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/23 16:58:04 )
@Wildfire: I kept my son at home. It throws off our school schedule when my daughter's home. He wants to play with her and she wants to see him do his school. So it's a battle to get things done with her home.
His confidence has significantly boosted since karate started though. /which we'll likely be missing today. I'm leaning towards sending him back to public school next year while I have a new baby at the house. or, if my husband gets what he wants, both kids stay home with the homeschool system my son is doing now.
I might have gotten lucky when I brought the garbage to the curb. I'll find out shortly. I saw them up the block from me a few minutes ago- so by luck, I mean, they have to be running 2 or 3 hours behind schedule.

I'm probably going to do some 'i'm frustrated' cleaning. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/23 17:09:56 )

★彡 Good morning!
I had a busy one. I was having issues with my bathtub these past two days and it was draining slowly and I woke up this morning to find out it was fully clog. I had issues unclogging it until my mom saved the day and now I have to clean the entire tub because it got filthy and then why the heck not, do some spot cleaning at the rest of the bathroom as well.

I have other stuff to do as well ish going to be a busy day (✖﹏✖) 彡★

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/23 17:17:32 )
@Purpsy: I get paranoid when drains clog. My brain thinks it's septic issues every time. Nothin quite like watching yuck water come up through drains. T^T
It must feel super nice to have a squeaky clean bathtub now. c:
I hope you get enough energy to get your other things done as well.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/23 17:17:39 )
@Koah: Yeah, I can definitely see how that would mess up the routine :3 It sounds like your son needed the outlet, the change of environment, and maybe some social opportunities. I'm glad the karate is helping him with those things, in addition to the confidence! You'll just have to see how things go when the baby comes, imo... and at least you'll have a few months with the baby before you need to make the decision about schooling options for your older kids, right?

Oh - I hope you got lucky with the trash. I hate it when we miss it...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/23 17:18:43 )
@Purpsy: Oh, those kinds of things aren't much fun to deal with... but it happens, and there are certainly worse things to deal with. And now the bathroom is clean, right?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/23 17:28:10 )
@Wildfire: I've gotten more comfortable talking to the other homeschooler moms at his karate class. They all have really busy schedules. They all co-op with different homeschooling groups. So no one is doing the same thing as the other. Two of them do half school- half homeschool. There are days those kids go to in-person classes. It's fascinating what is provided around here that everyone has their own home program.
They think my schedule is tight because I use an online charter school for my son. lol. But then I hear about their set-ups and I cringe at the thought of how busy they are. Hiking, working their businesses, classes, etc.
I definitely have several months to decide what to do. I'm trying not to fret about it now. My husband is on me about naming the baby and I honestly.. don't know. That's definitely something I need to figure out in the next few weeks. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/23 17:37:15 )
@Koah: There is no one way to homeschool (I just answered a question along these lines on Facebook from a homeschooling newbie - lol!). IMO, as long as you're doing what works for your kid(s) and your house (yourself), you're good. There are all kinds of options out there - the part school, part home approach, several different pure online options, variations of online options, co-ops, classes at museums, parks, aquariums, etc., and any combination of any of them. I did an eclectic mix with my boys (with built-in downtime because, as you're discovering, things can easily get crazy homeschooling)... and it worked well for them (although the younger son was much more of a natural unschooler). You just need to figure out what's available in your area, and try things. We tried several different co-ops before we found one that really "clicked" and was "home", but also took advantage of classes offered through other co-ops in the area if that's what my kids needed at the time. I'm really glad you're getting more comfortable talking with these homeschoolers and getting a better handle on what's available... and what's even possible!

You have time to decide your next step with your older kids. There's no point to worrying about it right now.

So you haven't thought much about names for the baby yet, huh? Do you know its gender, or have you opted not to know beforehand?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/23 18:02:32 )
@Wildfire: I love that you're so ready to give advice and be available for people who need your knowledge. :D
My schedule probably looks tight to the other moms because it's a stricter schedule. But, that's what my son needs. He likes having everything listed in the morning and his goal is always to be done by noon. :3 It's not as strict as it sounds either, his online teacher is super flexible and doesn't dock points for anything being late.

I've put together and tossed out 2 different name lists in the last 2 weeks. It is a boy. He's definitely shown off his bits to the ultrasound techs every time we get an ultrasound. No mistaking his gender. lol.

I want an older name not being commonly used anymore. My husband wants a biblical name. :o -shrugs-

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/23 18:16:19 )
my car still won't start.
lol, now I'm watching my neighbors drive by and I'm jealous of their freedom. Take me with yooooou

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/23 18:16:40 )

★彡 @Wildfire: Almost clean x'D
My back hurts for literally scrubbing the tub but they are quick and easy to clean for next time. Sigh this is what happens when I don't exercise (●´⌓`●)

@Koah: Ah yeah I get you, it happened to our bathroom sink once and what sucks it happened through one of the earliest lockdowns. That was a nightmare to deal with. I still have energy to get more things done but for now I need a break and possibly take a quick shower since I feel so filthy. 彡★

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/23 18:34:36 )
@Koah: Thank you. I don't believe in hoarding knowledge, and I try not to push it or my perspective on things on people... but that can sometime be an interesting line to walk - lol!

You gotta do what works for you and your kid(s). It doesn't matter what other peoples' schedules look like or the different approaches they take to homeschooling (or doing anything) as long as "you're doing you". On academic days, we always tried to be done with schoolwork by lunchtime too... that didn't always happen (if they were fighting me doing their work), but we tried... and it worked out well, overall. :3

LOL... so he's not exactly shy then! XD Are you comfortable sharing the kinds of names you're considering?

Oh no! I hope whatever is going on with your car is minor and easily fixed! LOL ... it's funny how when you can't leave the house suddenly you want to! XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/23 18:35:22 )
@Purpsy: LOL... yeah, funny how and when that lack of exercise sneaks up on a person, isn't it? Stretch in the shower - it won't hurt and will probably help your back feel better :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.