Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/1 20:30:10 )
@Wildfire: i think we've already got an item that looks more like wilson's hair on the way lmao. depending on when the item person gets to it.

yee. play don't starve together.

see ya.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/1 21:24:05 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yeah i think it's a very cute and simple style
and it will help me to do a lot more things faster i feel as there isn't much to it then flat colors
and simple lines and maybe some simple shadows.

Yeah painting style is very different from most of my works.
i still gotta approach the hair somehow. hair is somehow the hardest part when i work on a piece.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/1 23:09:14 )
@MoodyB: it is a cute and simple style... and there's nothing wrong with that at all - in fact, as you're discovering, it can be a very good thing! :3 And who said you have to have exactly the same style of art across different mediums? You don't. Your true innate style will start to show across mediums, true, but art is not art without experimentation!

@Koah: I did the undercut. Now to let the rest of my hair grow out (it wasn't long enough -lol- to really show off the style). I hope you are having (have had?) a good day! <3

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/2 00:26:15 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: i dont think i could only have one style even if i tried lolol.
i like to do different things.
my brain gets bored if i only do one style.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/2 01:20:20 )
@MoodyB: I think that fairly typical for creative types. It certainly holds true for me...I have many different creative interests and different "styles" depending on what I'm working on or what mood I'm in at the time...

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/2 02:13:31 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yeah it all depends on what you are in the mood for.
I wish i was good at making really cute art, like icons or emojis.
so im still mastering that type of style.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/2 13:48:42 )

good morning.
My plans for the day got altered, so other than going out for lunch, I'll probably be around / on the computer since it's pollen-ing pretty hard out there ... and that's just not something I want to deal with more than I already am...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/2 14:18:09 )

★彡 @Wildfire: Good morning Wild~
I woke up too early this morning so I decided to stay awake since. I will also most likely be on my laptop most of today also (since when I'm not pfft). Honestly I need to get some drawing done and I just want to go full creative mode and altered my plans as well.

These past few days is hard to just simply exist and desperately needs some creative outlet of some sort. I hope your back is feeling better now ╰(⸝⸝⸝´꒳`⸝⸝⸝)╯ 彡★

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/2 14:30:14 )
@Purpsy: good morning Purpsy! I hope you have a lovely creative day! I could use one of them too, actually... but not today for me. What kind of art are you going to do?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/2 14:42:55 )

★彡 @Wildfire: I had this idea for awhile but I got frustrated how to go about and draw it. I was drinking coffee one morning and had an idea of drawing an illustrative art of my electric kettle. The case is mostly transparent so I can draw something inside like plant, flowers or a small person sitting down or whatever. Had to look a ton of similar references online but nothing seem to strike me sigh.

I decided to just go with the flow and maybe inspiration hits while I draw. But got distracted working on a new avi here pfft. I'll get around to it eventually (◍´͈ꈊ`͈◍)

Well I do hope you find some time to do something creative, it does help to de-stress on whatever chaos your dealing with at the moment. 彡★

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/2 14:48:04 )
@Purpsy: that does sound like an interesting idea - it could be really fun, despite the challenge of drawing transparent things XD

I'm making breakfast... and I was thinking about procrastinating with a new avi too

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/2 14:52:45 )

★彡 @Wildfire: I have a little practice, I have a thing for drawing bottles recently but making the bottles transparent is tricky to learn.
I'm also stoopid dummy that never watch art tutorials online because my attention span can be a size of the peanut lmao (´∀`)

Yep creating new avatars is an addiction lmao. What are you cooking? :3 彡★

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/2 15:07:33 )
@Purpsy: Oh, I just made an egg on toast with a little tomato sauce because I had a craving... nothing particularly interesting this morning - lol!

Drawing transparent objects can be tricky - it can be tough to figure out which highlights and shadows to include in the drawing and which to omit... but it can be done. Like with most things, practice helps. Maybe I'll sketch something transparent later - it has been a while :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/2 15:30:28 )

★彡 @Wildfire: Ah I had an almost similar breakfast. Just had some butter toast with coffee xD
Yeah and I already suck at shading and picking the right colours. Well I will get started drawing and switch to mobile ✌️ 彡★

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/2 15:32:35 )
@Wildfire: I'm glad you went slightly more daring with your haircut. <3 :D

Good Morning. I'm trying to figure out how to make tea without a one-cup steeper.
I only have a teapot. I don't want a whole pot of tea.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/2 15:39:44 )
@Purpsy: lol...ok. Good luck and have fun!

@Koah: lol - thanks. The irony is that my hair isn't long enough on top to really show the difference yet so it pretty much looks like the same thing only with shorter sides XD

Do you have a tea ball? Or a coffee filter? Or does your teapot have a removable spot to put the tea while it steeps? The teaball would be easiest if you have one. You could put some tea in the coffee filter and tie it at the top (watch for the water climbing up the filter and making a mess though - or just cut it to a smaller more manageable size)...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/2 16:19:38 )
g'morning, all.

got some more hairstyles and shit sprited. honestly, you can do so much with swirls.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/2 16:21:00 )
@Wildfire: My coffee pot has a reusable filter... and I got nothin'.
I totally cheated, dropped the kiddo off at the bus stop and went to our local coffee shop for a chai latte. lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/2 16:22:41 )
@Koah: think my dad uses a specific kind of coffee to make cappucinos and shit.
please ping me for the love of god.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/2 16:25:22 )
@Pelontrix: those machines are spendy, unless he's learned a trick that I don't know.which is probable XD
I had an espresso machine for a few years, it broke in one of my moves. -shrugs- never bought a new one.

-
I started watching Boruto the other day and now I'm addicted. =0
I haven't gotten hooked into an anime for quite awhile.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.