Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums The Undercurrent Ark's Post-A-Lot

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/3 03:47:43 )

With the previous neighbor that lived above me, I'd have to hit my ceiling about 3 times a week because he used to step so heavily and play his TV so loud. I wrote about 3 notes concerning his noise, confronted him in person twice, and had to send an email to the leasing office about him because of his noise. With this neighbor, I've had to write a note about the heavy footsteps, go upstairs and confront him about the TV, and I just had to hit my ceiling because his steps, or whatever the fuck is causing loud thuds to be heard into my apartment, were too loud.

If I don't move out by next month I'm going to scream. I've already been here for about 2 years and that's about 2 years too long.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/3 22:33:26 )

I hate that apartments here are so expensive. I doubt I'm going to find anything cheaper than $800+ a month :/

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/3 22:34:02 )

*Anything decent for cheaper than $800+ a month, I mean :/

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 02:11:33 )

Like, I honestly feel like I'm never going to move because I can't afford anything in this goddamn city.

Anything decent, at least.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 05:06:25 )

I pray that I hear something back from school soon.

Hopefully something positive, but still something nonetheless.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 04:32:55 )

I sent an anxious/ frantic email to admissions a few weeks ago asking about my waitlist status and what not, and they finally responded yesterday. I’m genuinely scared to read the email.

1, because I’m afraid of what they’ll say. And 2, because I’m embarrassed that I even sent the email in the first place, and now I probably have an awkward email response as a result of my impatience.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 04:34:16 )

I checked my application status online and I’m still waitlisted, so maybe their email response won’t be as bad as I think?

… I’m still scared to open it, though.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 16:46:03 )

Working at the coffee shop for the past 2 weeks has proven to me that men are useless to me, and that I’m capable of doing literally any and everything by myself. I’ve always known this, but these past 2 weeks have solidified that.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 16:47:15 )

Also, time is going unbearably slow and I hate that I’m stuck with these new guys for the next 5 hours. I can already tell this day is going to be an annoyance.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/19 16:36:41 )

I finally read the email and admissions basically said they can't share any information with me right now, as they're still trying to figure things out themselves.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/19 16:45:32 )

Since I'm still unsure about school and don't really have a clear direction on what to do right now, what should I do?

I want to try my chances at applying for an apartment, but what if I won't be able to afford it? What if I get approved for an apartment and get accepted in to school, causing me to have to leave my dental job to focus on school? If that's the case then I fear I won't be able to afford an apartment with only one job. What if my new job doesn't have the hours I'm looking for, causing me to only be able to work 2-3 days week as opposed to 4 or 5? What if I get approved for an apartment thinking I'll make enough money to afford it, but then taxes take out a chunk of my paycheck and I won't be able to afford it?

Ugh, what do I doooooo?

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/19 16:46:55 )

I want to move out so bad, though. I'll never move out if I don't try.

While my questions and concerns are valid, I can't let them keep me from moving on with my life or else I'll be stuck in the same place I'm in now.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/19 16:48:09 )

I just get anxious at the thought of applying. What if I get rejected? Again, what if I can't afford it? I can barely afford to live in my cheap apartment right now, even with 2 jobs. I live paycheck-to-paycheck now, what if it'll be worse in a new apartment? Ugggh @~@

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/19 16:51:10 )

As always, there are so many what-ifs that hold me back from doing anything in life. :/

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/19 16:53:29 )

I don't like not having clarity. Uncertainty only intensifies my anxiety. I need clarification @~@

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/19 16:56:00 )

Cause I found an apartment that I actually want to apply for, but it's $885/month. My place right now is $611/month. Should I take a chance and go for that huge increase?

I found another one I like that's about $715/month, but I don't like it as much as the $885/month apartment.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/19 18:19:53 )

I feel so confused about my life.

I genuinely don't know which direction to take...

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/19 18:41:52 )

I feel so sad.

I feel like I’m back at square one with my life.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 00:09:42 )

My heavy ass neighbor is home, vibrating the fuck out of my ceiling.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/26 03:33:11 )

Why am I not good enough? Why do I try so hard, just to get nothing I worked hard for in the end?

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.