Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Climax of Destruction

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/21 18:56:08 )

Lol didn't any anything, just shrugged.

"Dunno" was all she said. She really didn't know, this was a thing and that's all she felt she should be concerned about.

Yet... There was some small part of her internally that was... Very much not calm and chill about this. It was screaming to be heard, but was consistently drowned out by everything else,by whatever that was causing her to be like this was.

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/21 23:29:55 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" Luke was silent.

Lily wasn't giving him anything, and it seemed like the viper wasn't either.

"Okay." he replied.

"I... still think you should get your injuries looked at." he then told her.

"....might call Doctor Calder to come out here and take a look at you." he finished, before making his way out of the room, stopping at the door and looking back at his sister.

"Hey, sis?" he addressed her.

"Love you." he said. This served two purposes.

The first one was to actually let her know, and remind her, that he cared for her. The second was to test her reaction. Normally she would say something along the lines of 'yeah, yeah, spare the mush', but... who knew, now?

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 02:39:45 )

"Sure." Lily said after a moment or two.

"And same." There was nothing to her voice either. She wasn't completely devoid of anything, but... it didn't sound right, not at all. Nevermind that she'd essentially said that she loved him, but there was also the fact that she had none of the usual snark or impatience to her voice as there normally was. It was rather odd, and concerning.

---

She sighed as stood there, having knocked on the door, her arms crossed below her breasts and her hand resting on the opposite arm, right over her tattoo. She could feel a slight heat from it, which meant that it was 'active' and working.

The question she had... was why? What in the world was causing it to react?

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 02:52:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Luke just left the room, a stunned expression frozen on his face.

---

After about 15 seconds, the door was answered.

"Oh." Luke said.

"Hey." he greeted her.

"Mom said you'd be here to pick up the stuff." he said, before stepping out of the way.

"Come in." he told her.

"I'll get it for you." he added, his tone very... mono. And distracted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 02:56:31 )

Desiree stepped in with a soft smile, not picking up on the odd tone to his voice - and face - quite yet.

"Yeah. She said it was a pain to get that flower to bloom, but she finally managed to - and that I could pick it up." She said with a light chuckle. "Should help wonderfully with Darrell fighting between the vampire, hunter, and human aspects of himself." That was... unusually candid of her. After she said that though, she paused, as if wondering why she'd said that, before just shrugging it off lightly.

"She said it wasn't too large, so I hope it isn't. Otherwise it might be a pain to get back there... the pot I have for it isn't large." She admitted after a moment or two.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 03:31:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Luke nodded.

"Right." he said.

"Got it." he said further.

He then left to get the bloom, and returned with a flower that had bright orange petals on it.

"Got it." he said, showing her the small flower.

"Your pot should be big enough for it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 03:33:07 )

"That's definitely a relief." Desiree said with a light chuckle. She accepted the bloom before sighing and meeting Luke's eye, looking concerned.

"Hey... you seem like something's on your mind." She said as what he'd handed her vanished in a small burst of wind.

"Want to talk?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 03:47:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I..." Luke stammered.

"No, it's nothing." he said.

"Just me being overly concerned." he said further... before suddenly pausing.

"Wait, no." he then said.

"No, no, it's NOT nothing." he told himself, shaking his head.

"I'm worried about... well... a lot of people." he told Desiree.

"It seems like the whole world is acting weird."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 03:53:51 )

"Weird?" Desiree asked after a moment, her tone puzzled.

"What do you mean? I haven't noticed any---" As she spoke, he saw a very faint crimson sheen in her eyes. It was gone quickly thoiugh as she paused and shook her head.

". . . wait, yeah." She said. "It's... concerning." She admitted before sighing.

"Come on, let's sit and chat... I think we both may benefit from it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 04:11:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I..." Luke stammered.

"Yes." he said.

"Yeah, let's sit and talk." he agreed.

"You're the first person that's agreed with me on this." he told her.

"...want something to drink?" he asked.

"Our fridge has... well... plenty to choose from." he chuckled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 04:14:00 )

"Yeah... I know what you mean." Desiree commented. "And I have a suspicion as to why. As for your question.... If you have any juice, that works for me. You guys tend to have some of hte best."

"Seriously... all natural and all that aside, it's damn tasty." She added with a light chuckle before pausing.

". . . despite the fact that I know it ain't the ... errrr... most legal." She finished with, referring to how his mother was one to lace stuff into the food and drinks available, as it was something that helped all four of them keep level sometimes. To those that were 'normal', it could have extreme effects.

But Anna hadn't done that for awhile, due to whatever the hell was goin gon.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 04:29:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Luke nodded.

"Juice it is." he replied.

With that, he had gotten a tall glass of juice for her, and something for him, before they made their way to the den and sat down.

"Here." he said, handing it to her.

"So." he then mumbled.

"You've been noticing something's up as well?" he asked.

"Was starting to think I was the only one..." he mumbled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 04:31:44 )

"How could I not notice it?" Desiree asked after a moment.

"I don't get what's going on... but I realise that something is." She then said with a light sigh. She took a drink before setting the glass down on the coffee table.

"It's... alarming. I'm not immune, even with my protection." She added.

"But... what about you? I'm ... surprised you're realising this. I, as you said, thought I was alone in this crazy ass event."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 04:49:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Luke opened his mouth to say something, but paused.

"I... well, I'M not immune either, no." he said.

"But... what protection do YOU have?" he asked her.

"A blessing." was Desiree's response.

Luke appeared to be confused for a moment, before snapping his fingers.

"Oh!" he said. "Right, the rosary around your neck!" he went on, gesturing to the item in question.

"Didn't realise it was that powerful." he admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 04:59:12 )

Desiree just laughed.

"That's a natural assumption, yeah." She agreed.

"But it's wrong." She added. When Luke acquired a puzzled expression, she just smiled softly.

"This is blessed, yes, but... it was Vincent and his Pure mana that blessed it. It merely wards off people who may not... look too kindly upon me. Offered me a good amount of protection, helped hide me, from my mother and brother in the past." She continued.

"Then..." Luke started before Desiree started to remove her sweater. Underneath she had, essentially, a tube top on. It had a fancy knot from the material holding her breasts in place, and also gave her a bare middriff, but it covered what was required to be covered. As she did so though, Luke could see both her figure that was hiding beneath the sweater, and the tattoo that she had around her left forearm.

"This. Blessed by the elf herself." She said as she held her arm out to him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 05:18:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Luke was a polite boy. He was a respectful boy.

But he was also a teenager.

And the first thing he felt when he saw Desiree's body caused him to subtly shift himself to control himself, as he mentally got himself back into the right state of mind to discuss what they were discussing.

"...the... elf, herself?" he asked.

He then leaned in close and brought his hand up to check the tattoo... which caused it to glow.

"Woah." he said.

"That is powerful." he commented, not realising just what the tattoo was 'telling' Desiree.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 05:25:27 )

"It really is." Desiree agreed with a nod.

"But, then again, so is your mana." She added. "This gives me a reading on mana signatures. The closer they get, the stronger they are. " She then continued.

"Emelie's reasoning was because I am deaf, she wanted to give me an extra means of protection, a forewarning for who is coming near." She added with a light laugh.

"But what about you...?" She asked, her voice curious.

"You've recently received a boost, and a notable one at that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 05:48:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....oh, wow." Luke muttered.

"From Emelie, herself." he said further.

"And... yeah. Yeah, I did get a boost." he told her.

"You have something from God, and... uh, well, I kinda did, too." he said further.

Desiree was now visibly confused.

"That is NOT Emele's mana." she said.

"Well, it's a boost from... MY God." Luke then clarified.

"Mother to us all, is another way to put it." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 05:53:43 )

Desiree was silent for a moment before chuckling lightly.

"Wow." She commented with a chuckle.

"That's quite a boon to have." She said with a smile.

"When?" She asked after a moment or two.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 06:14:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Uhhhhh, it was during that calamity with the familiars." Luke replied.

"We went to the Unit because we were told it would be safe there." he told her.

"And... sure enough, it was." he chuckled.

"Because SHE'S there." he reasoned.

"She... she'd been looking for me." he went on. "Said she needed to see me." he continued.

"Said she'd become TOO powerful, and needed to pass on some of her power to a worthy and proper recipient." he went on.

"...guess that was me."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.