Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Climax of Destruction

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 06:37:00 )

When Lindsay spoke, Ashley froze before looking over to him.

"Hey." she said.

"Nah, nothing really. I'm just going to go have a shower and die. Been awhile since I've flown that far twice within six hours." She commented before shaking her head lightly.

"Because... my back and wings actually hurt from that." she said with a sigh.

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 06:55:23 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"I see." Lindsay replied.

"I've been reading up on massage therapy." he told her. "And I've helped Casey out a bit in the past when she has kinks in her back." he told her further.

"Maybe I can help." he said.

"I can massage your back and/or wings for you." he offered.

"Or is there any other way I can help? My services are available to you." he finished.

Meanwhile, downstairs, Ash was slowly getting out of bed.

"....." he was silent, sweating lightly as he did so.

".....why....?" was all he managed to get out, before he swallowed... hard.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 06:59:59 )

Ashley looked about to say something before pausing.

".... actually, yeah. That'd... that'd probably really help." She then said. Her words were kind, they were normal, they were appreciative, but.... there was definitely something else there. Something that if Lindsay was aware, he'd probably pick up on it, as he was used to picking up on details like that with people.

"Where would be best?" She then asked, not askign anything pertaining to when or what-have-you. Normally she would have.

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 07:24:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Someplace where you can lie down comfortably, and stretch your wings out fully." Lindsay replied.

"Most likely outside would be best for that, unless you have another idea." he went on.

"We have that futon mattress you can lay on as well." he added.

"Just tell me when, and I will do it." he said.

"I'm here for whatever you need or want." he added, a small smile forming on his lips.

"What is going on!?" Ash whispered to himself, clutching at his head.

"Why do I feel like this!? What is this!?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 07:29:47 )

"Oh, hey Ash." Ashley said, glancing over to him before looking to Lindsay again.

"Had outside. I'll meet you out there in a few." She told him. There was... something to her voice, but that wasn't hard to believe.

"You ok?" She asked Ash after Lindsay had headed off, seemingly to ignore what was driving him up the wall so much.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 07:47:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay nodded.

"Of course." he replied, heading outside and seemingly ignoring his brother.

Ash, meanwhile, froze... almost solid.

'...when did I come upstairs?' he asked himself mentally.

He then looked around, and saw that he HAD gone upstairs. Like his body had moved on his own. In his mind, he thought he had been laying low, but his body had brought him up here.

He slowly looked over towards Ashley, and forced a smile.

"Just... just a headache, I suppose." he said. "Was downstairs... guess I woke up with it." he commented.

"Nothing for you to worry about, I assure you." he quickly added.

"Would you like anything to eat?" he asked. "I can make anything up for you right now. Whatever you desire."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 07:56:02 )

"Looks like more than a headache." Ashley commented after a moment or two, looking him from head to toe.

"But if you say so." She then said.

"If you're lying, then you know you're in trouble." She said, her word choice completely out of character. She was, most certainly, one that would say something akin to that, as she knew that he did tend to understate stuff, and he was aware of how she hated it. She just... wouldn't say it quite so... she wouldn't say it as such a warning.

"Now, as for making anything up, I'd enjoy some of your pretzels." She then said as she made her way for the door.

". . . And along with that, we need to come up with an excuse to get all three of the brats out of this house for awhile. Start thinking on that." With that, she left him alone.

Left Ash probably questioning what the fuck was going on, since Ashley would never call the kids 'brats' like that....

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 08:15:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..........." Ash was silent as Ashley left, before he started to sweat very heavily.

What was going on?

Why did he feel this way?

What was wrong with Ashley?

Why did he feel like he... was a child again?

Nevertheless, he made his way to the kitchen to prepare some soft pretzels for her, as his mind started to immediately think of reasons that the children could be away from the house for a bit.

He was confused, he was panicking, but it was all being subdued... for some reason...

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 08:23:36 )

Ashley seemed to be completely unaware of what it is that was going on with Ash. Or if she was aware, she was ignoring it, and him.

That begged several questions.

Questions he wasn't going to get the answer to for the moment.

---

Terra sighed as she sat down on the floor. Well, half sat down, half collapsed. She was dead tired, drained beyond the point of logic for the moment, she was sure, but she knew it was worth it. She looked over to the one that she was there with, the one that she was tending to, and chuckled lightly.

". . . not protected against me." She said quietly before trying to get to her feet, finding that she couldn't for the moment. She was just too drained.

That damned elf was most certainly well aware of how to properly use her mana to it's fullest extent.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 08:45:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The one that was there... Chris... looked to barely be awake. Or conscious, would be a better term.

He was sitting on his ass, laying against a wall, and his eyes were wide open, but seemed vacant.

That being said, it was clear that something was different in him.

His eyes, though they seemed vacant, looked clearer than ever before.

"......" he was silent, before heaving a heavy breath, and looking at Terra.

"I..." he stammered.

"I... I'm... free..." was all he said, before collapsing and falling truly unconscious from the stress he'd just been under.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 08:53:06 )

"Yes... yes you are." Terra said quietly before taking a breath and getting herself up to her feet. She made her way over to where Chris was and used some suprrising physical strength to get him up and off the floor. When he woke next, he'd find himself laying in a bed that he wasn't used to, in one of the dorm rooms.

She'd moved him to the dorm that she was using.

Once he made sure he was comfortable, she started the trek up to Sharp's office, knowing that he deserved this update.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 09:04:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The journey to Sharp's office took longer than she would have liked, but when she got there, she found he was in.

And it wasn't long before she was beckoned in.

"Hello, Miss Terra." Hal greeted her.

"...are you all right?" he asked.

"You look... exhausted. And I never thought I would see this." he admitted.

"Would you care for a drink?" he offered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 09:07:14 )

Terra made her way over to one of the chairs and just sank into it.

". . . you have no idea." She commented before sighing.

"I am only here for update purposes, but to be perfectly candid, I am quite dead on my feet." She then said before leaning forward, her elbows on her knees.

"A drink? That would be lovely, thank you." She followed up with a few seconds later.

"And am I all right? I will be. I had to use an alarming amount of mana to crack through what mental wall that Encrae had erected within Jenkins' mind."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 09:24:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal didn't say anything at first, merely got her a bottle of ice-cold spring water, and handed it to her.

"Here." he said.

"And... you cracked through to Jenkins?" he asked.

"Holy crap... that DID take a while, I admit." he said further.

"For one such as you... Vanessa had to have put up some intense barriers for you to had to have strained yourself." he commented further.

"But now he remembers who he is?" he asked her, before pausing.

"...and is he a danger to us?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 09:33:17 )

Terra was silent as Hal said all he did, taking a drink through it as well.

"A danger? ... I am not entirely sure, I must admit." She answered honestly.

"I cannot say for certain... but I truly believe he is not a danger." She added after a few seconds.

"And thank you." She added, referring to the water. "But Encrae is quite formidable with her mana control. I must admit, I am surprised. I thought the last of the elves that could weild their mana quite so potently were long side dead."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 22:44:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just sighed in response.

"Well, at least he doesn't seem to be a danger." he said.

"Hm." he then mumbled, thinking about it.

"Maybe that's one of the reasons the dark elves were driven to near-extinction. The power their wielded was feared." he reasoned. "Right or wrong, I can't say... if they even IS correct..." he then went on.

"But it's pointless to pontificate on it now." he said further.

"Now that you've broken the mana on Jenkins, maybe he can finally be a help to us." he went on.

"...if he even WANTS to..." he then added at the end.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 22:48:27 )

"That... I'm not sure of, either." Terra commented.

"I don't know if he wants to, but.. I think I did manage to give him some semblance of recollection to how his life was before he was involved with Encrae. Maybe he'll want to actually build his life as his own now that neither hte elf, or his sister, are around." She then said before taking another drink of the water he'd handed her.

"I just don't know. I'm the heart of the planet, not psychic." she added with a laugh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 23:14:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just smiled lightly.

"I know." he replied.

"How is he doing now?" he asked.

"I would very much like to go and see him." he told her.

"I would imagine that he's not faring TOO well, though..." he then mumbled, thinking about it.

"But can he have visitors?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 23:29:48 )

"He's currently ... unconscious." Terra answered, pausing momentarily as she decided the best way to say it.

"He nigh on just collapsed after I was done." She then said. "I am rather amazed that he had managed to retain his state o fbeing awake through everything I did, even." She paused a moment.

"Also, he is currently in my dorm."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 00:01:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah, I see." Hal replied.

"Well, that does make sense." he said.

"I'll have to see him once he awakens." he then commented.

"...for now, we have no other choice but to let him rest." he sighed.

"What about you?" he asked.

"Is there anything we can do to help you recover and recuperate?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.