Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Climax of Destruction

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 06:33:51 )

She was leaning against the railing of the balcony, watching the world below her as she tried to figure out what was going through her head.

There was something going on with people, although she couldn't pinpoint what it was exactly. What was it that was causing people to be ... less spunky than normal? Even the highschool she'd just been doing a performance at earlier in the week had been... oddlyu subdued.

It was weird

It was disconcerting.

She looked toward her forearm and sighed, sure that the tattoo she had there was the one and only reason why she wasn't having issues herself... but she reasoned that if she was having issues too, she probably wouldn't even notice.

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 06:55:24 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

It was then she heard a voice from behind her.

"Desiree?" Jaden asked.

"What's wrong?" he asked her.

"You seem like something's... bothering you. What's up?" he asked further, concern in his tone.

"Are you feeling all right?" he then inquired.

"Did the performance a few days ago just not go to plan?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 06:57:09 )

Desiree sighed but didn't turn to meet his gaze.

"I.... I'm not sure." she admitted after a few seconds.

"I just... I don't know. I can'tput a finger on it, but things seem... odd, different." she sighed, again and just watched the birds flying by before speaking again.

". . . does anything seem off about the world, or life, or whatever, to you? Or is it all in my head?"

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 07:24:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden just shrugged.

"Beats me." he said.

"Things seem like they've always been." he commented. "Haven't really noticed anyone acting... strange or weird, or different or anything." he said further, before pausing to think.

"From what I've seen, Ashley's a bit more... snippish, I guess?" he then went on.

"But I suppose that's just stress from helping the Unit deal with that Chris idiot." he then muttered.

"Personally, I say just put the little tool out of his misery, but if she thinks he can be useful, who am I to argue with her?" he asked rhetorically with a shrug.

"What she says, goes."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 07:34:47 )

Desiree was listening to Jaden, mostly agreeing, before pausing.

"Wait, waht?" She asked.

". . . tool?" She followed up with, her tone perplexed.

"That's... not a term you'd usually use.. Jaden, what do you know that I don't?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 07:57:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Eh?" Jaden muttered.

"Oh well." he said with a shrug.

"Yeah, I said a tool. It's what he is." he told her.

"If he can be useful to finding Vanessa, so be it. What else is he good for?" he asked her.

"He's made our lives miserable, and he's a little worm." he grumbled.

"He's lucky to even be called a tool, as it implies he has use."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 08:00:30 )

Desiree was silent, not entirely sure what to make of what he was saying. He'd... he hadn't always thought that, had he?

There really was no way for her to know, as she was sure that at the moment, whatever it was that was weeping the city was getting to him too.

"Fair." She said, figuring she'd just play along. She really didn't want to risk anyone getting hurt because of her disagreeing with him....

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 08:24:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden just shrugged again.

"Anyway." he said.

"I guess you're just having an off day or something." he told her.

"Just try and relax. I'm sure it'll pass." he reasoned.

"We can always get Rene or Lindsay here in case it doesn't." he went on.

"Anyway, I'm going to go lay down for a bit. Ciao." he finished, before heading off.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 08:27:28 )

Desiree hadn't a chance to say anything before he was gone, leaving her alone again.

". . . I... yeah... maybe." She said quietly before sighing. She had no diea if what he said had any merit, but... maybe it did.

She hoped so, anyway.

She hung out on the balcony for another hour or two before vanishing from where she was. She had to pick up Darrell from the Fyrane's, as he'd spent the weekend there.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 08:45:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When she arrived at the Fyrane's, she found everyone out in the backyard.

And they were all... kind of lifeless.

Lindsay was sitting in a chair, doing nothing.

Evan and Darrell were making small talk, with Sammy just sitting by the poolside.

And Ashley or Casey were nowhere to be found.

"Oh, hey Desiree." Lindsay greeted Desiree when he noticed her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 08:48:29 )

"Hey. Lazy day?" Desiree asked as she approached.

"Waiting for Aunt Ashley to get back." SAmmy answered after a moment or two.

"She said she had something that we, as a family, would be interested in seeing." She added.

". . . ahh... all right then. I guess... Darrell and I will take off so you guys can do.. whatever you're going to do" Desiree said after a moment or two, wondering what was going on, but certainly not beingbrave enough to properly ask.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 09:05:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Darrell just nodded.

"Sure." he replied.

"Later, Evan." he said to the one he'd been chatting to.

"Later, Darrell." Evan responded.

"Thanks for letting me visit, Mr. Fyrane." Darrell then said to Lindsay.

"You're welcome." Lindsay said in response.

"Bye, Sammy." Darrel finished, speaking to Samantha.

And all the while, there was this air of... blandness and blah-ness.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 09:08:11 )

.... what the hell is going on here? Desiree wondered as Darrell stepped up. After they said their farewells, and she made sure he had everything, they vanished in a burst of wind, appearing back in the den of the suite they lived in.

"Go get your laundry sorted so I can wash what you were wearing later. Also let me know if you want anything specific for dinner tonight - or did they feed you?" She asked after a moment. "It's earliy enough that it could be either or, so I gotta ask."

... maybe I should ask Gregory.... She thought before mentally sighing, figuring she wouldn't bother him. This wasn't a big deal, it was just weird and odd.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 09:21:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Darrell shook his head.

"No. I mean, I had light snacks, but nothing filling." he told her.

"And okay, I'll go get my laundry sorted now." he then said.

"See you in a few." he finished, before leaving.

Again, oddness and weirdness. Normally Darrell detested doing anything laundry-related, and would have some resignation to his tone when he was told to do any chores involving it.

But here? Nothing.

He just left to do it without anything even CLOSE to a fuss.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 18:56:00 )

"What... the hell is going on?" Desiree asked the air after a moment or two, not entirely sure what it was that she was to make of this.

What she knew, wasn't on display here, so to speak. This was... weird and very much disconcerting. Her son was never quite like this, not unless there was some underlying issue or whatever.

Yet, as odd as it was... she couldn't bring herself to be as alarmed as she was sure she should have been. It was weird and odd, but not alarming.

"Hey! You didn't mention if you wanted anything!" She called down the hall at his retreating back.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 19:09:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Darrell stopped when he heard that.

"Oh, sorry!" he called back.

"Pizza!" he said to her.

"You pick the toppings!" he added, before disappearing into his room.

Him wanting pizza was nothing new. Him letting the toppings be up to her wasn't a new thing.

However, he detested olives on pizza, and no matter what, he ALWAYS made sure to say that. He always reminded them to not get olives on there. It was a knee-jerk reaction for him.

But here, it was absent.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 22:59:16 )

Desiree was stunned, absolutely stunned.

What the hell was going on? He would never not specify...

---

She was silent as she sat there, looking at the results. She didn't know what to make of this, as it wasn't a surprise.

"Perfect." She said before sighing.

"I suppose I should tell him..." She added before shaking her head and getting to her feet. She made her way to where she was sure the one she was looking for was, finding her target. She entered the room, causing everyone to immediately stand at attention. She found her target before motioning for all aside from him to leave.

Once everyone had cleared out, she sighed and approached the one remaining soul in there. Once close enough, she handed him what she'd been looking over.

"I know it was to be expected, but I thought you would like to know."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/21 04:24:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The one that remained looked at the data he'd been given, before looking at her.

"...this is real?" he asked.

She nodded.

"No room for error?" he asked her.

"So low, it's infinitesimal." she responded.

"....." he was then silent, before nodding slowly.

"Then we've entered a very delicate part of this." he told her.

"We'll need to take extra precautions to make sure this goes smoothly."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/21 04:28:54 )

"Especially with this." She said, motioning to her face, the side that had been marred.

"I will need to take particular care to not have it that I maintain the mana required for an elven child." She followed up with, with a light sigh.

"That's going to be a new level of ... care... that needs to be taken, and I have no idea how to approach it, either." She admitted.

"if you have any ideas, that'd be lovely."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/21 04:53:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man thought for a moment, his mind completely and utterly focused and concentrated on this.

"I... hm." he said.

"Immediately, I have one." he told her.

"It'll have to be a two-step process, though." he then said further.

"For the first half of this, we should be able to get away with your drinking a special tonic to even things out, and maintain healthy levels for this pregnancy." he explained. "However, it won't be enough in the second half." he warned.

"The next part will require immense levels of faith and trust from you." he said.

"We'll need to switch over to a special suspended animation tube, where everything can be monitored and controlled more directly, until the time comes to deliver the child." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.