Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing One of Your Own

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/10 07:39:38 )

Aimee was silent.

"I'm not entirely sure." She admitted.

"Could always just go straight to her office though. You know that you and I have easy access to speak with her, due to how we're close with her brother." She paused a moment before shrugging.

"Or could get Vincent to take you to speak with her, if you'd prefer?" She asked. "All in all, it'd likely be better if you were to go to talk to her in person, as opposed to over the phone."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/10 07:57:46 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"A valid point." Alex admitted.

"All right, I'll visit her first thing tomorrow morning." he said, before pausing.

"...I..." he stammered.

"Yes... I will." he said.

"I said that, without thinking, and I meant it." he continued.

"Damn it, I am setting an alarm for this." he then added.

To most people, this would seem odd, and not worth mentioning... but Aimee knew better.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/10 08:03:44 )

Aimee just smiled softly.

"Do you want me to get you up when I'm heading out?" She asked.

"I could easily do that, I'm not due there til after lunch, thanks to other things going on in my class in the morning."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/10 08:25:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Alex just nodded.

"Yes, of course." he replied.

"That works perfectly." he said.

"That way Madison isn't here alone." he reasoned.

"By the way, she's very polite and well-spoken." he told her.

"...admittedly, it's endearing, but it also shows just how much she's had to be an adult at such an early age." he went on. "And it also shows the lack of permissions she's had." he continued.

"...but I think you'll really like her."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/10 08:31:38 )

"I'm more in awe by the power I feel than anything for the moment, I'll admit." Aimee admitted after a few seconds.

"At least now you and I can give her a proper childhood. How old do you think she is?" She asked after a moment, her voice curious.

"I ask, if only just because of the mana. Does she know what she can do...?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/10 08:48:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Alex was silent for a moment.

"Now that I think about it... she didn't tell me how old she was." he admitted.

"But to look at her... she's young." he said.

"I'd say... 11? At the oldest?" he guessed.

"She might be younger, it's hard to say." he shrugged.

"I'll ask her when she comes down again." he said further.

"Oh, and I made her a croque-monsieur earlier, but something tells me she has room for more." he continued.

"What do you want to do for dinner?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/10 08:53:36 )

"Dinner? I'll take a look at what we have available in the kitchen." Aimee commented.

"And we should see what our guest likes, or dislikes... or perhaps if there are any allergies we need to be worried about." She added after another second or two.

"I'll be back. I'm going to check what we have." She added before getting to her feet and heading off toward the kitchen to do just that.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/10 09:05:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....should have thought of that earlier." Alex mumbled.

"I'm going to check on Madison!" he called to Aimee, before grabbing the bags and heading upstairs.

When he did, he saw that the door to the bathroom was still closed, but he heard signs of activity in there.

"Madison!?" he called through the door.

"How's it going in there?" he asked.

"You all right?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/10 09:15:47 )

"I'm all right!" Madison called.

"I'll be out in a minute!" She added after a few seconds before sighing - although he didn't hear that. She heard, a lot. There was nothing that she could think of to do, overall. All she knew was that she hurt, but she knew that she would heal - she always did.

She was surprised she hadn't had any real visitors though, surprisingly enough. She really couldn't wait for that, either.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/10 09:33:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Alex stepped back for a moment and waited for her to come out of the bathroom, and when she did, she was wrapped in the robe that she had taken. Sure enough, it swam on her, but it covered her nicely, and was warm.

"Come on." he said.

"I'll show you to the guest room we have." he told her.

"Oh, and my sister brought back some clothes for you to wear." he then added, as he started to walk to the room in question.

"Seems there's a pair of PJ's in there too, if you just want to change into those." he went on.

"And she's seeing what we have in the kitchen, so I'm not entirely sure what dinner will be."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/10 12:09:09 )

Madison nodded before following Alex to the room in question. When he mentioned about his sister buying her some clothes, she made a mental note to inquire about what she owes for them, before pausing. Did they want repayment? They hadn't asked her about it to begin with. She may have been young, but she had already experienced enough to realise things like that.

"Oh, dinner would be lovely when it's done." She said with a light chuckle.

"I... it's ... been awhile since I was able to ... eat my fill." She admitted with an almost sheepish tone and expression.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/10 22:33:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh, by the way, sorry if that was a little weird of me, getting you a few pairs of clothes." Alex then apologised.

"I mean... well... you only seemed to have the one outfit, and it was pretty grimy, and there's not much point to taking a bath if you're just gonna put dirty clothes back on. But you didn't have any others, and I wasn't about to have you go around in that big robe, either..." he went on, rambling a bit.

"So... I, uh... kinda asked my sister to bring home some stuff for you, and your outfit's going through the washer right now." he told her.

"Just... yeah, I mean, you should have some clean clothes to change into." he reasoned.

"..." he was then silent, and sighed.

"Trust me, you'll be able, and allowed, to eat your fill here." he then assured her, addressing her last statement.

At that point, Madison then saw a figure behind Alex. It was dark, taller than Alex, and was wearing a cloak, standing almost menacingly behind him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/10 22:37:51 )

Madison just smiled soflty, almost hesitantly.

"INot weird." She told him. "Not used to it... but it's ok." She added before noticing the figure.

"I... can I get changed then?" She asked, not sure what the one that was there would have to say about Alex, and she had every intention in asking his thoughts.

"Because... I... I'd rather not be in this the entire time..." She added, sounding more hesitant, and as if she felt she shouldn't be asking, with every word.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/10 22:57:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The figure behind Alex disappeared for a moment.

"Of course." Alex replied.

"Just come downstairs when you're ready." he told her.

He then shut the door and she heard his footsteps getting further and further away from her.

And that was when she felt the other presence again.

But it was still on the other side of the door.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 01:39:01 )

Madison quickly put on some of the clothing that was bought for her, before sitting on the bed.

"You can come in." She said simply, knowing that she wouldn't have to be too loud, as he wasn't on this pklane. He'd hear her easily.

"Hey." She greeted after he'd made his way in.

"Nice to see you agian."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 02:11:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After a bit of silence, the figure ghosted through the door.

"Hello again." he greeted her.

"Been a while." he said.

"Nice to see you again as well." he continued.

"So." he then mumbled.

"Seems like things have actually improved for you." he commented.

"Good."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 02:14:08 )

"Actually, I wanted to ask..." Madison started before sighing.

"Gregory... can I trust him? Is this all for show? I mean... I'm sure you get why I'm asking..." she added after a moment or two. He could tell that there was hesitation with asking, she didn't want to believe that this wasn't a good place, that Alex wasn't a good person..

At the same time though,s he didn't know. She wanted to know.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 02:31:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gregory was silent for a moment, before crossing his arms over his chest.

"You wanna know?" he asked.

"Fine. I'll tell you." he told her.

"He's a lazy sod that sleeps all day and has absolutely no drive to do ANYTHING, even his own business." he said, his tone a bit on the scathing side... before he stopped and sighed.

"But he's good." he went on, his voice softer now.

"He's a good man, and his sister's a good woman." he assured her. "They do what they can, and they genuinely want what's best for... well... the people they care about." he continued.

"Seems you've really struck a chord with him. I'd say you could find no better person to be taken in by in this city. Hell, this country." he then said.

"You've been truly lucky to have found your way here."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 02:36:08 )

Madison was silent for a moment before smiling softly.

". . .good." she said simply, quietly.

"Just... good... It's really good to know I'm safe here." She added.

"... Are they going to be able to find me here?" She asked, referring to her patrents. She didn't want to actually say it, say something as outright as that, as she didn't want to worry about them if she didn't have to, and she was of the mindset that if she outright said it, it would make it more likely to happen.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 02:54:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Can't say for sure." Gregory admitted.

"Odds are... no. They won't be." he then told her.

"Really, odds are they were counting on people to be just like them, and ignore you and leave you to your fate." he guessed.

"But I cannot say for absolute sure." he stressed.

"Regardless... even if they DO... I daresay that Aimee and Alex won't take too kindly to it." he went on.

"They're strong." he said with a small smirk.

"And they're both like you." he added.

"Though I'm pretty sure you know that already."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.