Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/19 14:04:46 )
@Alorrena: That does not sound like my kind of ride, tbh, but I haven't had the same motion tolerances since having kids /shrug/ I hope you manage to get your preview ride and make it all work out - you definitely sound excited about it! :3

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/19 15:41:33 )

@Wildfire: lol yes. To be fair we haven't gotten any snow days yet either. But we did reach record breaking lows at the end of Dec. No ice/snow/rain but it was cold enough outside that you could have gotten frost bite in 10 mins. 0-0
I was really bundled up that day when I went out.

Snow days sound super fun. We just got hurricane days, but there would be an actual hurricane outside so not as fun lol

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/19 15:43:52 )

@Alorrena: The Tron ride seems like it will be awesome. I saw them working on it when I was there in Sept. Is it supposed to open this year? Or 2024?
Yum I love bagels and cream cheese! Such a good combo. I try to take things day by day as well when I'm feeling like everything is too much. My therapist said try to stay in the moment instead of being in the past or the future. That helps me but it's really hard to stay in the moment. (for me)

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/19 15:53:21 )
@Totalanimefan: Snow days as a kid are (or maybe were) super fun! ... parent sends you out to shovel the walkway and it inevitably ends up in snowball fights, snow angels, chilly games of tag, sledding, etc. <3

LOL - yeah, there's not much you can do while there's a hurricane raging outside. At least if it's snowing (and you're home safe) you can (usually) still go out in it and do stuff, within reason.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/19 20:31:03 )

@Wildfire: yeah for hurricane days we had to board up the house and get stuff to live off of no power lol. Did you have a lot of snow days growing up? And with remote learning done places want to get rid of snow days!? I think that’s awful. Every kid should be allowed to be a kid and get breaks sometimes.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/19 21:18:56 )
@Totalanimefan: lol - exactly! Hurricane days aren't nearly as much fun as snow days ... especially back in the day when online learning didn't exist! <3 Kids definitely need opportunities to be kids... and adults definitely need more chances to decompress and "play" too!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/19 21:30:00 )
@Wildfire: i get that. I was talking so someone and they said they have motion sickness issues and still liked it because it wasn't jerky and too disorienting and it's not so dark inside that it's impossible to see where you're going. To me it felt kind of like what Ice skaters look like. I don't know if that makes sense, but idk how to explain it.

@Totalanimefan: yeah being present helps and is also really difficult for me too. I'm literally always thinking ahead, and that gets overwhelming, especially when my future plans include money i don't have. On the plus side, (speaking of money) i got paid about 150 more than i expected for my last check, which is really nice.
Tron's opening date was announced. it's 4/4/23 They were working on it this time last year when i went with my family.
Bagels with a LOT of cream cheese are one of my favorite things to eat. If it was nutritionally sound to eat just those all the time, I probably would.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/19 22:08:38 )
@Alorrena: That sounds like a good explanation, actually. Still, it's probably a ride I'll skip if I find myself at Disney anytime soon (which is unlikely, tbh)... my tolerance for things like that has been declining over the years and has never been the same since having my kids. /old/ XD

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/20 04:57:30 )

@Wildfire: agreed on all accounts. If adults let themselves have breaks people see them as lazy or not hustling enough and it’s just wrong. Everyone needs breaks

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/20 05:10:17 )

@Alorrena: yeah me too. And it’s never about the happy things in life. I wish I could make it better for you.
Nice that you have a bit extra! You know, since you were fired you might be able to get unemployment. I would sign up. The worst they can say is no. Doesn’t cost you anything.
Thanks for the info about the ride. I bet it’s going to be super busy for the first year.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/20 05:56:34 )
@Wildfire: i get it. I have a policy of everything once as an adult, maybe twice if there's a lesson to be learned (like deep sea fishing. The one time i went i didn't think i'd get sea sick, but boy howdy did i. Next time, i'll take dramamine and not eat before going, and see if i enjoy myself more). But i totally understand knowing and respecting your limits. Something i'm about to learn on my anniversary since we're drinking around the world and i've never drank at epcot before, so we'll see how rides plus drinks goes.

@totalanimefan:I'm slowly starting to fewll better, honestly, but it was a rough week for sure. Thank you for your concern <3
I've applied, and i expect them to say no, but it's fine. i'll know sometime next week, i'm sure.
Yeah, i also expect it to be busy, but i also think they're going to have a virtual queue for it for a long time too. I mean cosmic rewind has been open for more than 6 months and is still virtual queue and the ratatouille ride was only virtual queue for like 3 months, and that ride is super popular too with wait times of up to i've seen 180 minutes.
Yeah, the extra is really nice because now we don't have to worry too much about our modified anniversary plans, and we'll have a little extra while being responsible adults who pay their bills on time without mom's help lol.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/20 14:18:24 )
@Totalanimefan: I seriously believe that our culture is a bit misguided in glorifying being "busy busy busy" the way we do. We are actually less productive, less content, more angry, less healthy (overall), etc., if we're always running like that. I do believe in working hard, but in a more balanced way, I guess. Again - we need more of a break and to be able to relax a bit just to be healthier overall...

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/20 14:22:58 )
@Alorrena: I tend to have the same attitude, actually, but I also don't see a point in knowingly temping the kind of nausea I've been getting recently on theme park rides... for a theme park ride... ... ewwww.... XD There's just a point where the "payout" isn't worth the "investment" XD

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/20 21:51:19 )
@Totalanimefan: oh my gosh thats awful! thats crazy that he didnt clean it. like i know my house isnt the cleanist, but like I make sure my bathroom gets cleaned at least once a month, and im talking like walls and everything lmao and yeah i feel you on the discounts but theyre not that great lmao and they work the hell outta you gotta deal with mean ass people all day.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/21 03:09:49 )
@Wildfire: That's totally fair. And it's good that you respect your body's boundaries too. I know there have been a few times Where i didn't and i regretted it after. Like the last time i went to disney, i ate and wanted to go on mission space on the orange mission, but decided not to right away, and instead went on test track, and THEN mission space, but really i should have just walked to soarin' or living with the land and taken it easy for a bit.

When we go in about 2 weeks (i'm getting so excited lol) i know we'll be taking it easy because my husband doesn't like heights (but he'll ride mission space lol) so we won't be going on soarin' or test track ( i mean, i will go on test track lol) and we'll be taking our time in each pavilion just enjoying ourselves together.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/21 15:14:03 )
@Alorrena: exactly. You sound excited to go, and it sounds like you have a good plan to just enjoy yourselves together. I hope you have fun (I'm sure you will) <3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/22 16:30:11 )
@Totalanimefan: I totally get where you're coming from Total. That's gotta be so tough, and I'm sorry :/ I'm doing pretty ok today. I hope everything goes well with your kitty. :/

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/24 02:09:57 )

@Alorrena: I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. I was away this weekend busy in rl. How are you doing?

@Wildfire: 100% agree with you. I always believed in work hard, play hard. And the two shouldn't meet.

@JosieOpal: yeah my dad is super gross.
I feel you on that. That's the reason why I left retail.

@SorrowTheMad: Thank you. They said my cat will probably be ok. They are going to do more checking on him when they put him under to clean his teeth next week. It's good that you are doing good. I had a good weekend.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/24 20:07:12 )
@Totalanimefan: well atleast you didnt get his gross habits right? lol my dads pretty bad too though. hes just a packrat but like he has TOO much stuff. and he doesnt take care of himself too well but i think that might have to do with his mental issues and being an older man who doesnt wanna talk about his feelings and stuff so he just doesn't get help.
Josie's Occult Shoppe
Please Ping me

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/24 21:15:36 )
@Totalanimefan: i'm doing okay. Kinda got to the point where i was basically nocturnal for about a week, and now it's daytime and i don't really know what to do with myself so i've just been playing a lot of fall guys and Movin' out. I'm struggling right now to fight the urge to take a "nap" because i know if i go lay down i'll just end up sleeping for a long time and messing up my sleep schedule.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.