Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/9 18:49:14 )

@daniellerenee: what’s the book and which anime?
Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to chat with anyone here.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/9 23:13:26 )
@Totalanimefan: seems i disappeared for about a week. How is the new job treating you? Do you like it so far? Also, last week when i went to disney i walked 30,000 steps. I started in animal kingdom, park hopped to magic kingdom by way of Hollywood studio's parking lot and epcot, rode splash mountain for the first time, had every intention of getting back to hollywood studios in time for fantasmic, but because of the 2.5 hour wait for splash mountain, i wasn't able to and only just barely got to epcot at 8:45. So i picked up dinner and rode the skyliner back to hollywood studios to get to my car, then went home. I'm going tomorrow again, but this time i'm starting at epcot and going to definitely get to HS in time for fantasmic, cause i haven't seen it yet

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/10 19:19:41 )

@Alorrena: wow that’s so many steps do you feel ok? I would probably be sore lol or tired. I hope the trip was fun.

The job is going well. I’m on day 2 of my training. And I feel like I’m learning it well. Not 100% ready to start the working part. I have a few more days of training and I’m writing down a lot of notes.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/11 05:29:02 )
@Totalanimefan: I was really sore for like 3 days after. I went again today, btw, to epcot and hollywood studios (still didn't go watch harmonious lol)my fitbit currently says 25.6k steps and it's pretty accurate. I'm less sore today, but my feet really hurt because my shoes were rubbing against the bottoms of my feet as i walked. (they're sandals, very comfy and usually great for walking, but i think they need replaced.) I've decided to not go for the next 2 weeks so when tyi and i go it will be more exciting. Also, i rode the new guardians of the galaxy ride, and oh. My. Goodness it was so much fun. I immediately wanted to ride again but because of it being virtual queue only right now i could not. Because apparently they limit how many times you can go in a day, but oh man was it fun. Also, at the end of the day i couldn't find my car for like 30 minutes because i didn't think i had parked as far down as i had so i wandered between the rows at where i thought i was parked. then i got tired of that and just walked down the row i parked at (i marked it down) until i either got to my car or got to the end. Anyways, i'm going to remove my makeup and go pass tf out.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/11 19:38:45 )

@Alorrena: Yeah I know I would have been sore lol
Wow you did so much. I didn't ride the ride cause it's new and I was worried about motion sickness but my husband rode it and said that I should be fine. I'll ride it next time. I hate having to park at the parks cause it's possible to find your car again. I like to get a Disney bus or a shuttle if I can help it.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/11 20:27:56 )
@Totalanimefan: my weekend was pretty good, i was at my moms for the weekend. im doing pretty good today, i forgot my password on here so it took me a bit to figure it out lol
its all good, reply where ever lol.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/11 23:29:43 )
@Totalanimefan:Ironically i felt like i was taking it easy and didn;t do that much, but my feet say otherwise lol I don't usually mind parking at the parks because i can usually find my car pretty easily. Last year when we went with my mom and sibling, the only time we lost the car is when my mom didn't believe me when i said what row we were in and she thought we were further out when we were in like row 3 or 4 and like 10 cars down. she learned to listen to me from then on lol It also helps that the disney experience app has a place to track where you parked, or at least what row you park in. Unfortunately, that only works if you remember to activate it or enter it in manually. I remembered, after i walked a little bit away from the row i parked in, hence why i questioned where i was parked and if that was accurate lol (It was)

Also, because i was so tired last night, it's good to hear your job is going well!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/12 01:10:23 )

@JosieOpal: Oh that's cool. Do you normally spend the weekends there? Oh no, don't forget your password or your can't hangout with everyone on Voltra. ^^; It's Wed eve which means we are only two days away from the weekend. This is my first full week of work since Sept 2020. (I was in school full time in 2021 and 2022)

@Alorrena: Sometimes when you are having a bunch of fun you don't notice until after lol I used the app last time I was there. I had a rental car since I was staying in an AirB&B. Thanks, I'm glad it is too. It's so much to remember. We had to read this really, really long government document and that took me like 9 hours to get through no joke, and then after that I started a 7 part video training series and I've been writing down a bunch of notes lol. Tomorrow I should finish it. Then a company wide IT training on Friday and then next week I start shadowing people.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/12 15:19:11 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah that's good advice lol. Oh man, I bet you're just freezing :/ Sorry to hear that. How are you and how's everything else going?

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/13 04:01:03 )

@SorrowTheMad: Work is going well. But my family cat died today. She was 19. I had her from when I was in middle school until I left for college and then had her for two years after I came back. I'm really sad that she is gone and my dog just died the week of Thanksgiving.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/13 20:24:50 )
@Totalanimefan: wow and no not every weekend. just some of them and alot more since shes moved back into my town i live in. and thats great i dont think ive worked a full week of work since my son was a year old. and hes almost 5! i gotta tell ya, its been so hard trying to find a job these days

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/13 20:40:13 )

@JosieOpal: yes. I went back to school(finished in Sept) and it was still so hard for me to find a job. I just started last week.
It’s nice that your mom moved closer. Does your son really like his grandma?
My sister is going to move into my place in May and I’m looking forward to it. :) And my mom is probably moving back to the state I grew up in (not the one I’m in now) and that will be good cause when I visit my dad I’ll also be able to visit my mom.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/13 20:43:37 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah my son loves my mom! and thats nice!! my dad lives in a different state and like never talks to me lol. like i know phones work both ways but I dont think its very fair that its only me reaching out and he doesnt. like me and my brothers will get an occasional "happy holiday" but thats it.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/13 21:05:03 )

@JosieOpal: yeah it’s tough when family dynamics aren’t great. I feel you on that one.
My family all lives far away from each other but my sister is moving from CA to DC this year and then later in the year both of my parents will be in FL again so when I go go visit my dad I can stay at my mom’s. (My dad is beyond messy)
What did you do as a job before your son was older?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/13 21:12:03 )
@Totalanimefan: oh jeez, what is it with older men and being messy? my dad is the same way.
i was a cashier for a local grocery market. nothing too crazy
Josie's Occult Shoppe
Please Ping me

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/13 22:19:34 )

@JosieOpal: I don't know maybe it's a male Boomer thing? Like how they think women should be the ones cleaning? Anyway he is so gross when my husband and I were staying with him he didn't clean the bathroom before we came. I found out it was last cleaned 6 months ago. I had to clean it myself before I could shower in it. I didn't feel like there was enough bleach in the world lol. Even it was clean I couldn't shower in it for like a day because I was still so grossed out.
That seems kinda interesting. I applied for those jobs when I was younger cause I wanted a discount on groceries but I never got the job lol
The job I just started I'm working for a transit agency and I like it a lot.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/13 22:43:53 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah that's very true. I needed new shoes for a while though, so i'm sure that's also a big part of why my feet hurt so much. My mom bought me two new pairs, and they should arrive soon. oh wow, that sounds like a lot. Good you're enjoying it though. I have to find a new job, i got fired yesterday because i had missed too much time due to mental health days and other various non-covid illnesses. I was pretty upset over it yesterday, but i'm doing okay now. However, in order to be able to live without a roommate once my mother in law moves out, i need to have a second job. Also, our level of comfort is being impacted, and so is our anniversary plans. Which sucks, but it is what it is. My mom's going to help us out too until i can straighten out my paychecks, which really, i think i just need a month to do, even if i don't find another job, at least until my mother in law moves out.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/14 15:27:37 )

@Alorrena: that is a big part of it. I’ve been there. Where I didn’t even walk that much but because I had old shoes my feet hurt.
I’m sorry that happened with your job. I know you kinda liked it. At least you did get to do some Disney stuff before all this. I’m sure you will be able to find another job soon.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/16 03:14:04 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah, it's okay, i'll have another job soon, i'm sure. I think i might look into data entry work from home positions where i can make my own schedule that as long as i have the correct amount of hours in a week that they don't care when i do them. That's ideal, honestly. I'm glad i was able to go to disney already, but it definitely hampers out aniversary plans. I do think i figured out a way to do an abridged verson of the plans though and still pay my bills with the income from my original job.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/16 03:19:37 )

@Alorrena: I think that would be a better fit for you. Working call center jobs are very stressful.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.