Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/3 19:05:34 )
muttering in noodles

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/3 21:04:00 )
@Koah: Yes, I'll show you some photos when things start actually growing ... which should be soon - right now, there's some plants and a whole lot of empty spaces in the mulch where things are just starting to grow. I was just out there (braving the pollen) again, taking photos and brainstorming where I can put a few other things that I still really want to plant. I might have to get a little creative at this point ... or just take over the front yard (and hope the HOA doesn't notice?? XD ). I'm glad you're thinking about a garden...even if you don't get to it this year with all the changes the new bambino will bring, at least you can watch the area you're thinking about and figure out what would grow best there :3

@Pelontrix: noodles? Any particular kind or flavor?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/3 21:22:11 )
@Wildfire: chicken.

hrnghghghghhg macaroons

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/3 22:12:16 )
@Wildfire: my friend who used to live in an HOA, had grown potted herbs in the front yard. We used to eat mints as we went up to her door because of how many potted mints she had. lol.
you would enjoy my lot, plenty of garden spaces. I think I'm just overwhelmed with all the different possibilities and also overwhelmed with what I need to tear out.
truthfully, I wish I could just build a greenhouse near the house and leave the rest of the yard to do whatever it wants while I raise kids and let dogs loose.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/3 23:48:18 )
@Pelontrix: Munchies? Or dinner?

@Koah: I completely understand where you're coming from with wanting a greenhouse and forgetting about the rest of the yard. Space like you have is great to have in some ways, but can be difficult to keep up too... especially when you're trying to do all the other things that come with being an adult with a family (and be an attentive parent). But, you'll appreciate having the space in a couple of years, though :3 I really wish we had more land and a pool right now...but when the kids were tiny, I didn't want to worry about them and a pool, and other things were more important than a large plot of land.

Why don't you build a green house near the house that you can manage (or not) as your time and attention allows? You probably can't completely let the rest of the yard go wild, I know, but maybe you could "plant" (i.e. define and throw seeds at) a wildflower garden on part of it, letting that go wild and essentially closing in the "yard" area? It would be easy enough to mow over when/if you need or want it, but it might give yourself a little respite from yard maintenance on the whole lot...??

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/4 00:22:34 )
@Wildfire: dinner

macaroons for the munchies

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/4 00:50:42 )
@Pelontrix: lol... so chicken + what for dinner (I like to cook, so I'm curious). I made pork chops with red onions, tomato, olives and lemon with oven-roasted eggplant, zucchini, and yellow squash for dinner. No macaroons for munchies for me :(

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/4 00:52:41 )
@Wildfire: chicken noodles

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/4 14:16:50 )
@Pelontrix: Ahh... I misunderstood your original answer. I hope you enjoyed your noodles :3

Good morning. It's Friday, right? XD

*puts out snacks*

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/4 16:10:37 )

★彡 It doesn't feel like a Friday... (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)
*takes the * 彡★

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/4 16:23:37 )
@Wildfire: you described my stresses well. I'm sure I'll appreciate our space in a few years when I have house stuff managed.
A greenhouse would mean extra moneys which we don't have at the moment and my husband's attention. He's... in his own stress bubble right now. It's frustrating that we're going through our own funks.

Good Morning.

My tea steeper came in yesterday, so I'm testing it out right now. :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/4 16:34:36 )
@Wildfire: noodles good

macaroons good

combining the both of them? probably not good

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/4 19:22:18 )
@Purpsy: It didn't feel like Friday to me this morning either. It's starting to feel like Friday now though, for some reason. How is your day going?

@Koah: I can describe it because I lived through it - I'm just (barely) on the other side of it now. I'm sorry that the two of you are dealing with "funk" right now. That's no fun. I hope it resolves for you both very soon :3 Honestly, you probably won't have time to deal with a greenhouse this summer with a new baby and two older kids and everything else you have going on at the moment, but maybe you can put a few things in pots - grow tomatoes or something, but keep it fairly simple...

@Pelontrix: lol. No, I can't imagine that noodles + macaroons are a good mix! XD How are you today? Are you doing anything interesting?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/4 19:34:49 )
@Wildfire: other than being wildly nervous, no.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/4 19:51:40 )
@Pelontrix: Wildly nervous?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/4 19:59:19 )
@Wildfire: i got anxiety.
please ping me for the love of god.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/4 21:12:23 )
@Pelontrix: gotcha. And I guess something is aggravating it... :(

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/4 21:30:57 )

★彡 @Wildfire: Busy and tired. I want to crash now lol
How's yours? 彡★

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/4 22:00:58 )
@Purpsy: my day has been ok, thanks... had a bit of a snafu earlier trying to order things online, but eventually got the stuff I needed and worked in the garden... Although I dumped some seeds in the wrong place. Oops. I'm taking a break from the garden and the pollen now...

Why and how was your day so busy? Was it a good busy at least? I hope?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/4 22:14:52 )

★彡 @Wildfire: Well I'm happy that you get to do some gardening now (❁´▽`❁)

Yeah is a good kind of busy. I've drawn for 3 hours today! Feels like my creative juices coming back again. 彡★

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.