Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/5 15:58:16 )
@Wildfire: True. xD Yeah I just had some yummy store-bought mini blueberry scones with my coffee. <3 Perfect breakfast, and I was eating them while watching a baking show. xD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/5 15:59:26 )
@Aisukohi: LOL! <3 That sounds like a lovely morning!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/5 16:04:19 )
@Wildfire: Yep lol. What about you? How's yours going?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/5 16:40:15 )
@Wildfire: lol, I just broke my son's brain by saying worms poop. XD omgosh. I didn't realize we hadn't gone over worm knowledge yet.
I'm on Day 5 of my workout routine. c: I'm feeling pretty good about that. My legs are a bit tight, but I'm recovering from a stress/weight-loss period.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/5 17:44:30 )
@Aisukohi: My morning is going ok, thanks. I did a workout and stuff. I need to switch the laundry and I'm dealing with allergies but I'm doing ok. :3

@Koah: ROFL! <3 Omg - kids are so funny! I think there are virtual worm dissections available online, btw, if that's of any interest to you (it has been a long time since I've been at the "worm and volcano" stage of education with my kids - lol).

It's amazing what a workout will do for you, isn't it? I started working out again a couple of weeks ago with a very "just move your body some every day" type attitude and it has been working wonders! What kinds of workouts are you doing?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/5 19:27:42 )
@Wildfire: Oh interesting! I didn't think to look up dissection videos. =O Not a bad idea, my son is a curious kid, I'm sure he'd be grossed out- but intrigued. My daughter isn't as amused with science-related things. If my son is interested, she will be too though. She's a tag along.
My son is doing an art project for his school and my daughter jumped in because she's on break from her stuff. XD

I use a free splits training app on my phone. My goal was originally to learn splits, but I realized the app and the routine it provides makes me stronger and my stamina has been better. My skinny toosh got more.. shapely too. So that's something to brag about. It focuses a lot on stretches and strengthening.
Generally, it takes me 30 minutes a night, that's my own preference though. I can skip or delete specific workout segments if I choose to at no cost.
Because I kept up this routine last year, I made a FB messenger group with a couple of other ladies and we keep each other encouraged to keep working out and stretching.
I dropped it last month because I lost weight from stress and became a depressed and anxious slug.
What's your workout routine look like?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/5 20:54:33 )
@Koah: Yeah, there's all kinds of cool stuff like worm and frog dissections available online - and most of them are free. :3

Oh, that sounds like a fun way to work out! I found a handful of free apps that I downloaded too. My approach right now is a little different though - I am acknowledging the fact that I am just completely burnt out.... but that, for me, part of dealing with the burn out and establishing self-care (for the first time in forever) is to start small and just move my body some, every day. That's my goal: Just move some. So, these apps are everything from yoga and pilates to cardio and body-weight strength, to foam roller and swiss ball workouts... and I have been kind of mix and matching them depending on my mood and what my body seems to be physically craving on a given day. At first it was just "yes, let's do some very gentle stretching for 6 minutes" and now, it's "Ok, let's do some cardio for a few minutes, then 5 minutes of pilates, and oh! That 7 minute yoga series looks good" ...

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/5 22:45:56 )
@Wildfire: Oh totally! I completely understand "just move". I was doing that route last month during my episode of bad mental health. I have a yoga app and a pilates app too. <3
Now that our weather is getting sunnier, my dogs are demanding to be outside for longer.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/5 23:09:26 )
@Koah: Yes, there are times when you just need to be gentle with yourself and do something that helps you feel better one little baby step at a time...
... but you have wooly fuzzy cold weather outside dogs!!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/5 23:12:18 )
@Wildfire: absolutely. <3 I'm glad you found a system that works for you. :3
My dogs love winter but know I can't be outside with them long, so they come in when I do.
Now that the weather is better, I sit outside and do phone stuff or read a book and that's their queue to be nuts and not listen when I want them back inside.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/5 23:16:19 )
@Koah: so it's not really the dogs that want to be out longer... it's really more a matter of your endurance to be outside longer... ;) <3 (I would be the same way, tbh). It sounds like a lovely opportunity to get some fresh air and some sunshine! :3

Yes, thank you. I felt like I was going to "pop" with everything going on here a couple weeks ago!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/6 00:12:14 )

- rolls on the thread -
hi wild; hi all;

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/6 00:13:30 )
@Vixen: Hello foxy vixen. How are you today?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/6 00:45:25 )

@Wildfire: hihi
i'm doing well; took today off to slack off officially lol
whatcha up to?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/6 00:57:21 )
@Vixen: LOL! <3 I always thought that was a good thing to do from time to time! :3 Did you do anything fun on your "slacking off day"??
I'm goofing around with an avatar idea and waiting for dinner to finish cooking. Fun fun.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/6 01:22:05 )

@Wildfire: sort of; i was working in the morning and then did some game stuff and some other maintenance stuff

please @ me

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/6 03:12:40 )
Well work went better than expected. Got more work done than I thought I would.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/6 05:04:29 )
@Wildfire: Winter in my new home/state isn't bad compared to my last 10 years. I was able to be outside more often here. However, I think my dogs have adapted to me and my habits. lol. <3 We're usually living in states where the snow is taller than my dogs, so as much as they love the cold and snow, they can't stand in it for long.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/6 14:05:27 )
@Vixen: That sounds like an entirely reasonable day! :3 <3

@Aisukohi: Oh, a productive day for you, huh? Congrats! :3

@Koah: You know I was teasing, right? It's not a bad thing to have your dogs respond well to you! <3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/6 14:07:52 )
good morning everyone. Welcome to the weekend. I have no real plans - certainly nothing out of the ordinary other than helping (ok, watching) hubby put in the new water heater, and then catching up on dishes, etc. that are hard to do without hot water...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.