Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 16:30:53 )
@Lilypoo: Oh, that does sound like a really great job and a good environment!! Feel free to gush!! <3 I can understand why and how you would be super excited about it, and really hope you get it :3 Do you have any idea when you'll hear a decision? Are they still interviewing? I'm sorry that your current job is so stressful to you. Mental health is truly important, and it can be hard to manage amid all the "must do"s of life sometimes :(

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 16:46:26 )
@Lilypoo: OHMYGOSH Ruby is the best with Avatar making! <333 She's made quite a few for me. :D Your current avi is Amazing though!
//cough//how did the meeting go?//cough// Ruby told me she was excited to meet you. o3o [hope I'm not stepping into personal territory] I talk to Ruby a lot and I stayed at her place for a week. <3

@Wildfire: Oh man, lol! Mine do that too! I'll never forget walking up to my house when my family was visiting and all 3 of mine could be heard from across the property- they were kenneled inside the house. I definitely prefer the howling over barking. C:
Sounds like your son needs to slow down, but he's at a fast-paced age. XD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 17:04:47 )
@Koah: Yes, I like it when he talks or when they both howl, but wow - it can be loud and I can't help but wonder what the neighbors think when they do that!! XD

Yes this is my newly 18, rough and tumble, do stuff... do stuff NOW kid and yes, it's definitely part of the age and stage he's in but wow... I can certainly do without dealing with the repercussions of it sometimes! /dead/

... speaking of... I should go clean the kitchen. BBS.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 17:50:57 )
@Lilypoo: oh yes, I definitely understand that... and no, you don't want to get to the point of nearly breaking before you take your mental (or physical) health seriously. I'm sorry that you've had a rough time at points in your life, but it seems to me that you have learned from those challenges and have even (maybe?) used the experiences to your advantage... which is, at the end of the day, all any of us can really do. But being able to truly take care of yourself is important, and I hope you get the job because it sounds like it would be a better working environment <3 I hope you find out soon - waiting can be tough!!

So how does one go about creating avatars for another? Without knowing what items somebody else has or having access to all the items yourself, it would be difficult... wouldn't it??

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 18:36:03 )
@Lilypoo: LOL - you don't have to explain the perks of being admin on a site like this to me- I get it 100%. I was more curious how that would work for other people or for her creating avatars for you. It's one thing to know the items, it's another to actually equip them together :3

I think we'll get to the point of the world being a better, genuinely kinder place... but we need to route out the corruption (that seems to be everywhere) first and build from there. It needs to be a true transition, not a forced or coerced one, based on misinformation, greed, etc.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 18:37:15 )
@Wildfire: I can't quite imagine being in your shoes with cleaning up after your son. When my teen niece was here, I made her clean up after herself, although she did try her best to leave her mess for others. e.e"
I disappeared for a bit too. I'm getting my kids on their schoolwork for today.
@Lilypoo: If you and Ruby get along, we'll get along swimmingly. lol. <3 I love Ruby and her Mom. I occasionally just text her mom and check-in or vent about being a parent myself. XD I've adopted her as my mom now. Making buttons sounds amazing! :3 and fun. I'm sure she Loved it.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 18:42:47 )
@Koah: Teens have their own tunnel vision... I'm not sure if they don't care, don't want to accept responsibility for things, or if they just don't see it (or a combination). Believe me- it has sparked plenty of arguments around here, especially since I did my best to raise responsible and aware young men to join the world...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 19:02:29 )

@Wildfire: Is on the 19th =w=
I'm a spring baby hehe

Ah yes I remember when I was babysitting my neighbour had a lot of houseplants. The leaves are gigantic x.x
My mom is currently growing a plant. Is still too cold so is place on our dining room window since it has more sunshine there.

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 19:33:47 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yeah! i added my favorite color.
more like just accents of yellow. Like yellow chairs, yellow couch. etc.
but balanced it out with some black and white. it looks so nice.

Yeah i hope so! that's my next goal.

Tbh i have not been doing so hot. just been extremely sad and lost about my art
so i've only been playing games.
I've continued my streaming with art as the only place i feel okay to make art lately.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 19:39:29 )
@Purpsy: lol. Houseplants can be so weird :3

@MoodyB: I'm sorry that you've been having a difficult time recently. I hope things improve for you soon :3 There is nothing wrong with taking a break and playing games once in a while, though - and it sounds like you're having fun with it (which is good!)

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 19:45:09 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yeah very true. i've had a lot of fun playing sims and discovering things i've never tried out like the social media platform type of carer. I didn't know that was a thing. I thought i had to buy and download get famous for it. but turns out i don't.

i think i've just hit a wall with my art finally. i just feel like im not growing as an artist or a person.
my accounts are just stuck at suck a low number while i see my friends grow.

and feel like i haven't been getting support. especially when my followers.
i don't mean financially but emotionally. just feels like i have to be the one who is the only one that supports me.

my twitch has been my only place where i feel im not a terrible artist
because people pop in and say what im working on looks good, and such.
but other places...its just silence i no longer want to post there...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 19:55:44 )
@MoodyB: I understand completely and I'm seeing some of what you're describing too, but also, I know that a lot of people have been having a very hard time reaching out and connecting with people and friends lately because of all the stress from this stupid pandemic, politics, etc., etc.... it has just been piling up and making it difficult to connect the way people normally might. It is adding a level or two of complication to life that just doesn't need to be there, and the effects are diverse and a little weird. I know that doesn't really help you much, but it is something to maybe consider :3

Also, sometimes taking a break is the best way to grow in a skill. It's not intuitive and it doesn't always make sense, but I have seen it happen repeatedly.

And in the meantime, there's Sims ;) <3

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 20:01:48 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yeah and i feel selfish cause i know not everyone sees my stuff.
but idk...i feel like i should just quit using IG and twitter because i feel it's getting pointless for me to post
outside of art challenges.
i had planned to do a dtiys but deleted it since i didnt think it was going to get seen
since being a small account and being stuck like that no one is going to see it.
just kinda feeling really defeated lately.
im practicing my art just not feeling like posting my personal art outside of patreon[which no one is even on anyways].

yup! sims and genshin and stardew valley. but also looking for jobs/making adopts.
i still need to start on my flower series to see if i get any takers on it.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 20:05:31 )

@Wildfire: Yeh =w=
But my spot on our apartment is great place to grow some plants. We used to have a mini tomato garden at our balcony and the tomatoes were ripe enough to eat. But is one of those mini tomatoes though not the normal large ones.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 20:25:55 )
@MoodyB: I don't think you're the only one feeling like that these days... maybe for different reasons than some, but I don't think you're the only one. Regardless, I'm sorry. I know it sucks. I hope it's a short-term thing for you :3 And I really hope you get a couple jobs/commissions soon! You can do it!!

@Purpsy: Hey- if you can grow it, more power to you! :3 Besides, the little tomatoes are great on salads, etc. Are you going to try growing anything else?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 20:30:10 )
random tidbit #1: Our water heater just died. The next couple of days are going to be interesting without hot water...

random tidbit #2: I'm really tired today for some reason, although I slept reasonably well last night.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 20:37:41 )
@Wildfire: o0oh No! I wish you luck with no hot water for a couple/few days. D:
I'm currently doing research on our hot tub room. The room was built in the late 70s and it doesn't meet modern codes. So I'm trying to figure out as much as I can to get the room functioning better.
The fan in the room is rusted and warped, and the light placement is horrible. The windows got painted shut when they re-painted when they moved out.
I'm tackling the mold problem that's grown this winter. e.e" I really despise the indoor hot tub room, although it is a nice luxury.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 20:47:25 )
@Koah: Oh that would be a bit of a project, wouldn't it? I would love to have a hot tub or a sauna, tbh... or even be able to fill my garden tub (the water heater that just broke couldn't get enough hot water there fast enough to make it worth doing *sigh* Maybe this one will work better *crosses fingers*)... but to try to get an existing, outdated hot tub indoor room up to spec would not be fun in my book. Good luck! :3

The new water heater should come in on Thursday, I think my husband said, but he'll have to put it in and who knows when he'll be able to do that. In the meantime, I can see myself warming a pot of water on the stove just to get some basic level of clean (I just don't do cold showers /dead/)... I have no idea what my boys (especially the younger, usually stinkier, one) will do without being able to shower.

It will be interesting.

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 20:55:35 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: im honestly feeling meh about jobs.
i mostly just want to do jobs to kinda promote my art better.
But, im just like "is my art even worth commissioning???"
cause i know it's not that good.

on one hand i need money but another hand i am like "meh."
im in a weird place mentally lately.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 20:57:57 )
@MoodyB: it sounds like it. But you're not the only one. I think a lot of people are going through this type of thing lately. Maybe you should just take a break, enjoy those video games for a while... then go back to it.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.