Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/1 23:50:48 )
@Koah: Yes, replacing the transmission isn't really an option - he'd be better off buying a new truck... if that is the problem with it (he has an old F150 with 300k miles and has already beaten it up further in the last year that he's had it). I survived the traffic getting him from work, but it wasn't the most fluid or pleasant of trips, tbh. But, I am home now and taking a couple of minutes to chill out before I have to go do the dinner thing (whatever that's going to end up being tonight)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/1 23:54:43 )
@Purpsy: Hurricane season isn't usually an issue... unless there's one headed straight towards you. Then it's just a lot of running around trying to secure everything. Pollen season... I'm not sure it's officially a season, but it should be! Summer can brutal here, tbh, but there are usually ways around that (like the beach). I actually enjoy the colder and cold temperatures here, but we can usually still see the sun (which isn't the case in a lot of places) and even the nasty freezing temperatures only last a couple of days. :3

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 00:57:55 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: Yeah very true. i think i decorated their home very nicely.
They've settled down for the most part i think.
they just forget about their needs...often lol.

Tho I made my OC Edith a writer and Amara an artist.
and then Rina is kinda like a social media influencer.
cause the job i wanted to give her i don't have yet.

Which is i want to make her into a vet and have a clinic...in the beach world.
cause she loves the outdoors.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 03:20:03 )
@Wildfire: We needed to get a transmission replaced this summer, we ended up selling the vehicle for parts and bought a used vehicle for the money we got from it. My 'new' used vehicle is comical and quite fun to drive. Just not good for long-term road trips.
I just ate a healthy, feel-good dinner. <3 Chicken and rice with veggies.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 05:36:38 )

@Wildfire: Ah overall you have a much more warmer climate than me :3
At least is going to be spring soon and my birthday will be coming up too.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 14:03:57 )
@MoodyB: I'm sure your Sims' home is decorated very nicely and I'm happy to hear they seem to be settling down for you a bit :3 Hopefully you'll be able to get that one Sim in to her preferred veterinarian role soon! How are you doing otherwise?

@Koah: Yes, we've had to deal with transmissions before too. They are not much fun. We ended up replacing it - we should have just sold the vehicle (it caused additional expensive problems later). It was not a fun experience. I'm glad you have a vehicle you find amusing to drive... that's important sometimes! XD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 14:04:53 )
@Purpsy: Aaaah! When is your birthday? And yes, Spring <3 LOL concerning the climate... we are technically, I think, sub-tropical here, so yes, it's warm most of the time, usually quite humid in the warmer months... there are houseplants growing wild and climbing the trees in the back yard! Did you know that the common houseplant pothos can grow leaves bigger than your head?

And good morning everyone!
How's it going?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 14:41:00 )
@Lilypoo: Oh Hi Lily! So your work day starts a little later than most, huh? That could have some benefits! Other than work, do you have anything planned for the day today?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 15:09:57 )
@Lilypoo: LOL - I understand that! It would be too early for me too, tbh!
I have some work to do online today, then some housework - which is now compounded slightly because somebody (I'm guessing my younger son) put down the egg carton too hard and broke several of the eggs... which my husband accidentally dumped all over the kitchen floor. So that's fun. XD

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 15:36:56 )
Good Morning.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 15:38:37 )
@Koah: Good morning Koah. How are you today?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 15:43:03 )
@Lilypoo: LOL! so you're naturally skewed towards later nights, huh? I used to be too, although not usually of the sleeping until noon kind XD <3

Yes, I'm not looking forward to mopping - I should probably take care of that sooner rather than later, but I am trying to get something done first. I'll have to mop the floor a couple times regardless, I think. A few minutes shouldn't have that much of an effect. I think. I hope. XD

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 15:43:55 )
@Wildfire:
@Lilypoo:
I am Okay~ I tossed and turned all night. But today is a new day and I'm going to pretend I got some sleep. lol.
How are you two? C:

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 15:47:26 )
@Koah: Oh, I hate nights like that! (Have too many of them these days) I love your attitude though! <3
I'm hanging in there so far... other than what I'm going to refer to as "the egg fiasco" LOL! XD
What do you have planned today - anything fun or interesting?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 15:59:43 )
@Wildfire: Well, Did you drop eggs? I didn't read back before jumping into the thread this morning.
My huskies decided today is a good morning to serenade me with a howl. e;e Their song just ended, even though the howls make me giggle, I am too tired for that much noise. My dog sang the best this morning, surprisingly.

@Lilypoo: I hope we both get some better sleep soon. <3 btw, I really love your avi. It's so pretty! *o*

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 16:00:58 )
@Lilypoo: Ya gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes. Maybe, if you get the other job, the slight change in hours will actually work out better for you? I'm always surprised at how much of a difference the "little shifts" in time or timing can make, and usually in unexpected ways :3

Yes, maybe with the eggs, but if I leave it too long, I'm afraid that it will just turn in to "concrete" and be harder to clean. - shrugs - I'll find out, I guess! I'm not looking forward to dealing with it at all...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 16:03:01 )
@Koah: LOL - I love it / hate it when my dog(s) sing(s)!!!
Nah... I didn't dump the eggs... hubby did! But I think my youngest (who is always rougher and harder than need be and always slamming things around) put the eggs on the counter too hard and broke several of them on the bottom, so when hubby went to use them for breakfast...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 16:12:40 )
@Lilypoo: Oh, that does sound like it would be a better job, imo. Customer service can be tough, even without "extra trials". I hope you get the job... and yes! Definitely a change in jobs should include a pay increase :3 Good luck!

Thanks for being my cheering squad for "the egg fiasco"!!! XD I'll manage - it's not like the basic mess hasn't been cleaned up already... I just need to do the thorough cleaning with the mop. It should be ok... even if I wasn't exactly planning on cleaning the kitchen today

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 16:18:53 )
@Wildfire: My oldest husky runs out of breath now when they howl, so he goes into rapid barking. That's an annoying new sound. My dog, Mama Fae, she howls- but it typically sounds like someone is stepping on her tail. So she has a horrible husky-screech. Then the youngest howls into the other two's ears just for fun. She's a brat. o3o
OH no! Uhg Egg mess is the worst! but- better than spilled hot-Hot sauce. *eyes sting from memories*

@Lilypoo: My current avi was themed for Valentine's day. My new goal is a spring-themed avatar. c: also Thank you for the compliment. :3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/2 16:26:42 )
@Koah: Oh! Thanks for the reminder... I think we have some hot sauce sprayed across our cabinets too (yes, I think this too is courtesy of that same son /eyeroll/ ). It's beginning to look like I'll be spending a good part of my day in the kitchen - lol! Hot sauce in the eyes is ZERO fun! :( I'm sorry you had that experience.

Your dogs sound hilarious ... but I'm not actually listening to them! <3 My one dog talks to us (to me, usually) when he's lonely and looking for cuddles and they have both started the howling thing over the last year if we go outside without them or are returning home and don't come in the house fast enough for their liking. At least mine are not screechy.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.