Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2022 • Sunny’s Event Giveaway (Post for prizes!!!) (Current Crates and Volts!) •

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 16:13:31 )

@Lopsided Oreo: You can chat with me here ^^ This place is also a bit like Solia too. I was on that site from '08-'11

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 16:13:42 )

@sunny: How is today going for you?

Voltie — She He It Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 16:14:32 )
@sunny: The name I have here I used for there as well. I also am Lopsided Oreo on Gaia and on Solia but it's been forever since I've visited Solia. I mostly stick to gaia but am now gonna make this place my home as well. (3/400)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 16:15:30 )
    @Totalanimefan: it’s going good, I went to the city with my mum and brother. I bought some new make up since I ran out of foundation and concealer. I had to ask for help finding the right foundation shade and the staff lady chose the right one first time XD I was impressed lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 16:19:17 )

@sunny: That's awesome. I'm pretty pale so sometimes it's hard for me to find the right color. Lots come off as orange on me. It's a rainy day here. I showered to feel human again. lol

Voltie — She He It Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 16:21:45 )
@Totalanimefan: Of course I'll chat with you here. May I also make you my very first friend here? (4/400)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 16:22:04 )
    @Totalanimefan: they had super pale shades too! I got a middling kind of shade, on the pale side but not super pale. I’m glad you had a nice shower, that always helps!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 16:22:48 )
    @Lopsided Oreo: Gaia is too toxic for me these days, but I used to spend time there. I actually can’t remember my username lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 16:23:23 )

@Lopsided Oreo: Of course! I'm honored. ^^ And you can reply to my reply in the other thread here is it makes it simpler for you.
@sunny: Yes I needed it. That's cool. I'm normally a cool or neutral undertone and 2nd from the lightest.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 16:24:24 )
    @Totalanimefan: I have a warm undertone, in some lights my skin looks yellowish or brown. I don’t wear make up much but the past few months I’ve been into it!

Voltie — She He It Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 16:28:42 )
@sunny: Yeah I mostly stick to the marketplace and the LI cause I like getting items as well as giving people advice lol

@totalanimefan: Friend request sent xD I'm also not having trouble replying to you both in my thread and in here. (5/400)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 16:31:33 )
    @Lopsided Oreo: getting items is always fun! I spent way too much money on Gaia but I just don’t touch it anymore:/

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — She He It Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 16:34:48 )
@sunny: See I don't normally buy anything off the MP there because I do have quite a bit of items these days that it's easy to make new avatars all the time. Sometimes I find an item I like and I simply have to have it though. Like currently I'm in a bidding war with someone for a bundle item I have been questing for there. (6/400)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 16:42:59 )

@sunny: That's cool. I've been into skincare a lot. I like being able to do self care like that.
@Lopsided Oreo: Ok cool. ^^

I went afk cause I just got a call with the recruiter who was rude to me and called me an hour late. That same day but hours later I sent an email saying no thank you to working together. I guess she didn't see it and then she called me today. I picked it up cause I thought that it was someone else. She wanted me to do a one day assignment. And I was like no thank you, and did you see my email?
She didn't, but then she found it and read it while still on the phone with me! AWKWARD lol

Voltie — She He It Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 16:45:49 )
@Totalanimefan: Wooow... yeah that is definitely really awkward. Some people are just not... that bright it seemed.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 16:52:49 )

@Lopsided Oreo: Yeah like why did she read it while on the phone with me and why did she miss it the first time T_T
I was wondering why I didn't get a reply yesterday haha
Also I told Sunny more of the story two days ago when it happened but she works for a temp company which I'm ok with working at if the job is right but she kept being like you should work the front desk and you are asking for too much, the role you want isn't that common. I said I got the numbered based off my last job + now a have a degree + inflation + market research. And I don't wish to work the front desk anymore, that's what I did 5 years ago.
And then today what does she do? Ask me to work a one day front desk job and thinks that I wouldn't mind cause it's only one day
But like I'm not joining your payroll for one day + it's half the pay I asked for.

Voltie — She He It Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 17:00:36 )
@Totalanimefan: That woman was definitely not the brightest lightbulb in the pack at school... which is kind of mean of me to say but, like, why would she stay on the phone with you well reading the email saying "no thank you." Adding on to that... you know your worth, therefore you know what you want and if someone tries to tell you otherwise that's completely jacked. I do hope you find what you're looking for when it comes to your job searching. (8/400)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 17:09:13 )

@Lopsided Oreo: Thank you for making me feel more sane. The way that she was pushing me working front desk jobs which I always hated and then telling me I was asking for too much for the job type I actually wanted was making me double guess myself but literally no other recruiter or person I've talked too has said it's too much lol.
I have 2nd hand embarrassment and my husband said the same thing as you. She is not smart haha but I feel kinda bad about it even if it's true.

Thank you. I finished school last month so I've been looking for a job. I've gotten to the phone call stage a few times, but nothing big yet, but also it's only been a month.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — She He It Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 17:13:31 )
@Totalanimefan: Trust me you're not insane for asking for what you have been when it comes to your desired job and if anyone else makes you feel otherwise just remember you worked your tail off to get where you are so you deserve to be picky about things. The fact that she tried to make you feel like you didn't deserve to ask for so much AND that she tried to get you to work front desk... just makes me upset. Like if she's looking for someone to work the front desk why doesn't she do it? I'm sure she'd make a better front desk worker then what she's doing now.

Adding even more onto that... I feel you on the whole making it to the phone calls part of the interview process. Cause I've gotten quite a few of those but never heard back after that. It's a sucky situation that's for sure. (9/400)
RCC + CMP
8/1/2022

I just want friends please.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 17:16:34 )
*runs back through*
I really have iRL stuff that I should be doing!! XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.