Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Exchange .:Tsun’s Shop:.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 06:12:03 )

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 06:19:44 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Amber Lynne: Oh snap, you already bought all the ohms?! If you already got it, then you can use them for the prize you intended. xD You know, for the breaker beach festival, the prizes for that were 1 premium orb of choice and event bundle/bag, and people still submitted so many arts.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 06:21:40 )

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 06:27:37 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Amber Lynne: But but but, so many of the good artists on here give out freebies or say you can PWYW. I don’t think they’ll need much bribing... but I’m sure they will work harder if the pot was sweetened and they had to compete with others. xD

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 06:35:25 )

@Tsundererra: Lmfao.
Haven't you learned? I like to pay well for art.

Although I am actually considering the divvying up the ohms for part of the prizes... hmmmm

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 06:42:46 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Amber Lynne: That’s a really good habit for an art patron to have. :’3

You can also buy one of the bundles (preferably the orbs since they’re so different and everyone LOVES opening those), open the bundle, then give out the items from that as separate prizes. Like the bundle special item and the rarest items (maybe a random orb or two) for the couple prize, and premium orbs for 1st and 2nd, common orbs for 3rd or something like that.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 06:44:32 )

@Tsundererra: I don't pay less than 10k for a piece of art here on volt. Lol.
And even then, for some, that's underpaying and I feel bad. XD

Beyond that, damn girl. That... actually may be a brilliant idea.

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 06:54:34 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Amber Lynne: I’m the same way with paying for art. I feel bad for taking freebies too and always offer to give payment. ;A;
But omg, there are so many peeps outside of Voltra who are always trying to get artists to lower their prices or make them do requests instead of commissions. x__x

Hahaha, it was something I considered doing when I thought about making a charity thread that gave out prizes. ^^ Glad it’s an idea you can consider.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 06:56:51 )

@tsundererra: Surprisingly enough, I've never really had anyone try and lower my prices. People tend to try and up them. Lol.

And that's definitely something to consider!
Thanks so much, Tsun~<3

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 07:50:43 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Amber Lynne: That’s definitely a good thing. I feel like the majority of those people asked me on DeviantArt when I was a newbie artist starting out online, and was charging $20 per pic. I still get the “friend” from long ago who pops up and wants me to do them a favor, but not the peeps who haggle my prices down.

It’s no problem~ Good luck with your contest. I hope you get lots of good submissions when it starts. ;3

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 07:52:03 )

@Tsundererra: ..... 2o per pic?
That's more expensive than mine. XD
Am I seriously undercharging by that much? DX

Anywhooooo
It sucks to have the odd person pop up and ask, but I suppose it's not THAT bad as lkong as they are chill about the rejection.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 08:14:33 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Amber Lynne: Omg, you are definitely undercharging! D: I had an art teacher school me on how I’m pretty much working 50 cents an hour if it took me 10 hours to make something like that. x__x You should set your prices based on how long it takes you to make stuff and materials you use.

It’s true, but it is a bit awkward if we weren’t really close... or they haven’t talked to me in years and it seems like the only reason they’re making any attempt is for free stuff. I usually shake it off if they are good sports when they get rejected, but I did have a couple of peeps who threw a childish tantrum.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 08:21:38 )

@Tsundererra: You're not the first person to tell me that, lol.
But I like having a price that people may actually possibly pay. XD

(Plus, peeps don't pay for traditional art anymore, it seems)

And geez. That's unfortunate =(
It really sucks that people are like that.
I mean, it's one thing to ask, but don't have that be the main reason/only reason you even messaged in the first place DX

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 08:40:20 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Amber Lynne: That’s why I charged $20 when I first started, but tbh, if people like your work, they’ll be willing to pay more to help you out. I prolly get more peeps since I set higher prices, and it stopped the beggars for the most part. I do have a loyalty program for repeat customers, so they’ll get a free piece by their 5th purchase, and a certain percent off if they refer a friend who buys something.

I know, but it’s just how some people are, and I’m sure they’ll pull the same stunt to many other peeps. It’s funny because my real friends always offer to pay and never ask for a discount. The ironyyyy.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 08:43:25 )

@Tsundererra: Lmfao.
When I first started I was charging like $5 (my quality was absolutely terrifying, to be honest. I'd shade, but NSFW) my comm count seriously dropped when I upped the prices XD

But I'm still goin' about $15 per marker image - which is half-3/4 body.
And Traditional.
Which people largely don't want. XD

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 14:11:57 )
@Tsundererra: haha yes thats life if it comes all comes together!
at the moment we store it all in my room XD i feel a little uncomfy atm XDD
and sure will we paint it but not now! she cant see it anyway! the bed and the wrap chest to change her diaper are the most important things =)
i can take a picture of it if its ready =))
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 14:25:43 )
@Tsundererra: ahhh being behind on art commissions is stressful because it's like people are waiting on you. even if they say they don't mind, you just feel it in your own mind like omggg I owe someone. what games did you buy to play?

haha yeah I guess I intend to make a quest thread sometime or at least a list, so I can reference it when I look through people's exchange threads, so I don't need to keep double checking the item museum for what items I like the look of xD

and good to know that 97% of things are easy to get :> not stressful to be on here then

e
I'm the master of me and isn't the thought enough to lift you off of the ground?

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 16:42:06 )

@Tsundererra: would you do 5k total for Unique Honey Hair + Unique Witch Hat?

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 20:03:15 )
@Tsundererra: you will be cleansed with pencil and

procreate.app OuO <3 <3
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 21:14:39 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Amber Lynne: Omg, that is crazy! ): I feel bad for the traditional art commissions, but it’s definitely one big reason I bought my first drawing tablet yeeeears ago. Even if you color really well and it looks amazing, the majority of people seem to prefer buying digital art.
Do you do digital art? Or just prefer to stick with traditional? You seem to work fast with markers.

@Miss Sandman: It’s true, she won’t be able to see the paint anyways. For some reason, it seems like painting the baby’s room is a big thing in America. One of my friends even commissioned someone to make a Disney wall mural. xD
Omg, plsssss show me a picture when the bed and everything is made. ^^ Is her room going to be next to your’s?

@eerie: Yessss, those are exactly my feels. )x I’m really hoping I can finish up some of these commissions so I can feel less stressed and guilty.
Omg, I had to glance at the games I bought because I had forgotten. I bought a mix of switch and PS4 games. Let’s Go Pikachu, Fire Embem: Three Houses, Octopath traveler, Zelda BOTW, Spider-man, Tales of Vesperia, and KH3.

There’s no rush to make a questing thread, but it does help out a lot once you have a definitive visual list of stuff you want. ^^ Plus, there are many kind people on here who will donate stuffs if they see your quest thread.

@Lina: Ooops, it seems like I’m out of the honey hair at the moment, but I still have the unique witch’s hat. I can sell it to you for 2k if you’re still interested.

@Kairu: Omg, why the procreate app and not Clip Studio Paint? D: I will drain the battery from your Apple Pencil and break the lead in your regular pencils... they cannot stop meeee! MWAHAHAHAAA!!!

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.